Name:
Location: Australia

Monday, December 30, 2013

Fun vs unhappiness...

Despite what I blogged about yesterday, I actually had quite a good time earlier in the day. I started out with breakfast at Taco Bell (mmm...delicious!) before going to the Gyeongdong Markets to look for ginseng for my mom.

When I arrived at Jegi-dong station, I immediately bought this cute looking fish type of pancake with red beans inside. I only wanted one but apparently it was 1000 Won for three. So as I ate that, I browsed through some initial stalls. I found a lot of places selling ginseng, but then found this 'wholesale warehouse' below ground floor, which I thought looked like a good bargain.

The entire place was filled with ginseng! I thought the whole thing was one store, so approached the first lady, enquired, and figured I might as well buy it here so told her I'd buy some. Turns out the whole place is made up of many individual and separate stalls, so when I kept browsing afterwards, all the owners approached me wanting me to buy from them.

But even after that, where I bought two cans, I found another place above street level, and after a while managed to buy the 'Heaven' grade of ginseng, which everyone before that had told me wasn't available for sale.

After that I went to the Lotte store nearby and ended up buying G a Psy facial mask, and myself a jumper. I also got my sister some facial masks. I found it fun and enjoyable to start thinking of presents to get for friends. Really started enjoying my holiday at this time.

I even bought this spicy sausage stick where you get a cup of spicy soup to place it in. That was sooooo nice! I actually had another before whilst walking through the markets, where the girl selling it had very good English.

So of course, after that, the whole Jin thing happened, which made me depressed again. Just made me realise that I seem to go on holidays that suck (eg. Vanuatu with Nunjo).

I didn't get a good night's sleep, mainly because I was in fear, keeping an ear and eye out for anyone trying to come into my room, and also because Sungyeon hadn't replied (or read) my messages. I think she has seen them (as they pop up when received) but doesn't want to show she was read them. She did reply earlier in the night, but they were kinda cold/courteous messages.

Oh and yeah, last night I did end up going out. I initially looked for some 'Kiss-bang' shops, where you pay to kiss a girl, so went to Sadang. I think I found the place but the door didn't open. Then I went to Hongdae, where the two places there seemed to have turned into massage shops. I thought about Itaewon, and also thought about how sad and desperate this all seemed to be - here I was alone in a foreign country trying desperately to look to pay for some action.

Ended up going to Itaewon. Walking up the hill, I was expecting many girls to try to procure me in, but the street was pretty empty, and a couple of girls opened their doors to procure me, although when I approached one, the older lady inside seemed to say no.

I ended up going into one where there was a young slim girl sitting there in a red dress checking her phone. There was an older lady in there as well, and I went to the bathroom first. When I came out the younger one asked me what drink I wanted, and I just asked what she liked, and she asked "beer?" so I said yes and ended up getting a Cass. The older lady moved to sit next to me while the young girl was attending the bar. The three of us talked and I wondered how this all worked.

The younger girl asked if I could buy them a drink, so I said yes, and the younger girl poured two glasses of something for themselves. As we talked, this happened four times, and I figured this was how they made money. But I wondered how we could go from here to something more. They did say they can go to hotel rooms but it'd be expensive.

Finally I had enough of all this shit, and on the fourth drink I told them that it'd be their last as I wanted to head off to explore. Despite that, the younger girl pushed for one last one and I said no, and started leaving. They both gave me hugs before I left and caught a taxi back to the hotel. The driver was kinda crazy, always wanting to talk, and seemed to find it funny that 'Australia' sounded like 'Austria'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home