Rejuvenation / truth to be found?
Last night and this morning I have been pondering. I have started mentally picking holes in Jin's case.
1. The most glaring of all is how back when we first broke up, she told me through Julie that she was in debt because she was helping a relative who was sick. However, I reason this away by possibilities such as 1) an error in translation or 2) she for whatever reason did not want to disclose that it was her mother (to either me or Julie).
2. The debt was accrued before she came to Australia, so before June 2012. Does that mean her mother was sick back then? And had multiple treatments up until now?
3. Why did she need an 'extra' $10,000 from me days before her mother's surgery? Surely for surgery you don't pay just before you have it. It must've been paid for before. Maybe there was just something she didn't translate or explain?
This has led me to thinking about my options:
1. I go to the address and it is the wrong house. End of story I suppose.
2. I go to the address, her parents are there, and the mother doesn't have cancer. In this case I expose the truth.
3. I go to the address, and her mother has cancer. In this case I tell the mother about me helping out with the money, and ask for contact details of the brother.
4. If (3), then I could tell the truth to the brother. The whole truth.
Anyway, this morning I woke up just before 5am. It's still dark and the streets are empty and quiet. Putting on my hoodie and trackies, I decided to check out the gym, just to have a look around. In the lift, I looked at myself in the mirror and saw that natural flab older men get on their face. I reminded myself of Dennis Rodman in his 40's trying to make a comeback.
I asked the concierge and went down to B1. The gym was small, with only the basics. I looked for a mat for sit ups, and when I couldn't find one, the lazy me said to just forget about it. But then I thought "no, you have the basics, you can do the sit ups on the bench press".
And with that, I got myself onto the bike and did my mandatory 11 minutes. I then alternated between benchpressing and abs, adding barbell curls to finish it off. In the mirror, I no longer saw a 40's Dennis Rodman trying to make a sad comeback. I saw someone who might have just a little bit more fuel in the tank.
Anyway, my plan today is to get a prepaid SIM card, maybe exchange some currency (it is a Saturday and the banks are closed) and try to locate the family. I figure it's better I get this over with earlier than later.
1. The most glaring of all is how back when we first broke up, she told me through Julie that she was in debt because she was helping a relative who was sick. However, I reason this away by possibilities such as 1) an error in translation or 2) she for whatever reason did not want to disclose that it was her mother (to either me or Julie).
2. The debt was accrued before she came to Australia, so before June 2012. Does that mean her mother was sick back then? And had multiple treatments up until now?
3. Why did she need an 'extra' $10,000 from me days before her mother's surgery? Surely for surgery you don't pay just before you have it. It must've been paid for before. Maybe there was just something she didn't translate or explain?
This has led me to thinking about my options:
1. I go to the address and it is the wrong house. End of story I suppose.
2. I go to the address, her parents are there, and the mother doesn't have cancer. In this case I expose the truth.
3. I go to the address, and her mother has cancer. In this case I tell the mother about me helping out with the money, and ask for contact details of the brother.
4. If (3), then I could tell the truth to the brother. The whole truth.
Anyway, this morning I woke up just before 5am. It's still dark and the streets are empty and quiet. Putting on my hoodie and trackies, I decided to check out the gym, just to have a look around. In the lift, I looked at myself in the mirror and saw that natural flab older men get on their face. I reminded myself of Dennis Rodman in his 40's trying to make a comeback.
I asked the concierge and went down to B1. The gym was small, with only the basics. I looked for a mat for sit ups, and when I couldn't find one, the lazy me said to just forget about it. But then I thought "no, you have the basics, you can do the sit ups on the bench press".
And with that, I got myself onto the bike and did my mandatory 11 minutes. I then alternated between benchpressing and abs, adding barbell curls to finish it off. In the mirror, I no longer saw a 40's Dennis Rodman trying to make a sad comeback. I saw someone who might have just a little bit more fuel in the tank.
Anyway, my plan today is to get a prepaid SIM card, maybe exchange some currency (it is a Saturday and the banks are closed) and try to locate the family. I figure it's better I get this over with earlier than later.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home