Name:
Location: Australia

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Lunch with Mot

Monday
I was tempted to go to the casino again, and won $300.

Tuesday
The temptation was too much. I started thinking maybe I could win $200 per day. I went to the casino, and lasted a while before started losing it all. On my very last $400 spin, I came back from the brink with a win on 1 which had a few chips on it. I ended up leaving with a $460 gain.

I then contacted one of the escorts on Wechat and ended up seeing a girl from Macau called Emma. The lady I spoke to told me she was 19 or 20, which was total bullshit. When she opened the door, I could see she was someone in her late 20's trying to mask her age and look much younger.

Anyway, I showered and we did our thing. She offered to give me a massage afterwards but I said I just wanted to talk. I asked if she worked in a shop and she said "why do you ask such a thing". Like it was a big deal. She rested her head on my stomach as we just talked, and eventually I drifted off to mid-sleep before she woke me up and said time was up.

Wednesday
Despite my best efforts at trying to leave with a gain, I figured I could do it again. I withdrew $800 from the bank and went to the casino. I lost $800.

At home, I also sent another message to that Korean number who I suspect is Jin's relative:

"My name is James. I am in Korea. I would like to speak to you about [insert her name]. Please email me  [insert email address]."

Thursday
On Thursday Mot emailed me asking for lunch. I had nothing else to do, and it would've been a very good opportunity to pick his brains about the whole bar process, so I said yes.

We met at 1pm in the food court at his building. He looked the same as before, although maybe he got even skinnier, though not sure how that was possible. I admired how at our age, he still had a head full of hair and a very youthful look.

We grabbed something from a Thai take away shop and sat at some stools to eat. I shared my stories and experiences at my current office, and he told me about his study for the bar. He said he went for the February exams but was admitted in September. He said he didn't even know his tutor PL but found him online and thought he'd be interesting as a tutor.

He said he had done trials and even one CCA matter while he was still with the SLA - wow, such experience. I tried to direct the conversation towards the money aspect of it all. I noticed he bypassed my query about how much was needed to start, but he did say his rent was $900 per month, so that gives me a good rough estimate.

I asked him if he thought someone could make a living doing just mentions and he said yeah but it'd be boring lol. We didn't talk that much about our past, other than Nom and Trev's troubles, and how Mis and Fay knew he was at the bar.

After lunch he took me to his chambers to have a look. It was four floors above DC's chambers. The view was absolutely magnificent. His room was shared with another guy, and it was quite small, but that was to be expected. He showed me around the rest of the floor before we parted ways.

All that inspired me to start living a proper life again, to forget about the gambling, to forget about prostitutes. I wanted a proper life. When I returned to my office, I sold a bunch of shares to fund for my plane ticket to Seoul.

But all that inspiration didn't last long. When I found out that my dinner with John and library guy had been cancelled, my mind quickly and automatically turned to gambling - I had the evening free now.

After Rob and I went to the TAA to apply for something, I went to the bank to try to withdraw $2000 for gambling. But the redraw facility wasn't ready yet. I called up the bank and they said it could take up to an hour. It was already 3:30pm. I was so desperate I even went to the bank to wait for it to be ready. At 3:50pm it still wasn't ready, and I walked up, giving up. Oh well, guess I saved myself some money.

But as I crossed the road, I checked my redraw on my phone again and there it was! I spun around and went back to the bank. Just made it, I was the last customer in. I withdrew $2400 and after work I went to the casino.

I was never up. I lasted a long time, but was just never fucking up. Some lady had the balls to play like $500 per spin and won like $1000 most of the times. But my luck just wasn't there. I was on the brink a few times, and could've walked away with $1200 in my pocket, but decided to throw that away as well.

So there, I lost $2400. All because the fucking dinner was cancelled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home