The wig
Saturday
Last Saturday I did more surveillance. On my first drive on her street, I think I may have seen her standing outside talking to a guy, but I didn't have my glasses on so could not be sure. When I went back around, she was gone.
I parked on another street then met up with Michael L to pick up some letters for Eva. I returned to my car and went again looking for a parking spot. I managed to find the perfect one, right across her apartment giving me frontal vision of her entrance/exit.
As I sat there, I realised my car was probably too identifiable for her. She would definitely see a green Commodore quite easily. I needed another car.
I never saw her during my two hours or so, but did see Ash and Yuri leaving. I quickly ducked down and don't think they saw me. I've realised from my work that people walking on the street don't pay enough attention to cars.
Wednesday
While at work I felt like I changed my mind a bit. Maybe it was the possibility that my contract would get extended. I thought maybe I should just let the whole thing go, and also to take a holiday, forget about her and everything.
But then later on my mind changed again. I went into the OCD mode of 'must pursue and make her life hell or get my money back'. I felt insulted again.
That night we had a game against Machinas. It would be a grand final re-match, without the same substance. Found out Mike's instructions were to tank the game and lose it. And I only found that out in the middle of the first half, when I suggested Kevin go on for Alex, who then told me Mike said to leave Alex on for the whole game as he was our "star player".
Hmmm.
Despite that, Derek and I had excellent games. I hit my first three shots, and Derek was hitting his shots from everywhere. It actually didn't seem like we were tanking at all. It turned out to be a high scoring game, but in the game, they gave up on defence and allowed the other team to score and win. I was yelling out to draw the game, but they didn't listen. I know I told my Shoyo team to tank it so we could get into the lower division, but for this game I really wanted to win.
When I went home I found Jin had returned to Kakaotalk - on both accounts.
Thursday
I woke up early, and walked to work earlier than usual.
I had to meet Eva for lunch to give her the letters back. When I saw her at Wynyard I almost didn't recognise her, for two reasons: 1) she had changed her hair style, and 2) she wasn't wearing corporate work attire as I expected her to.
We found a food court inside a building nearby, and it occurred to me that, hey, here was a girl who suggested a food court! We got something from an Asian take away store and sat at stools to eat. We started talking about others, like Ele, and how Shuing had left for overseas. She told me about how she was planning to work in the US for a couple of years with her current company, which would affect whether she became a citizen or not.
I also brought up the book I was reading about reincarnation, which she seemed interested in. I find that I am having fun telling people about this book, like Genie.
As I spoke to her, I kept wondering to myself whether I could 'accept' her.
Could I really date a divorced woman?
I think the ultimate answer was no.
After lunch I went to pick up my shirts from the dry cleaners. And after work I went looking for a wig to wear on my next 'surveillance day'. I ended up in this place called House of Priscilla - a drag queen store. I found one I thought was suitable and asked the guy to get it for me as it was too high up. The mannequin head it was on kinda scared me, and I half expected it to lunge out and scream at me.
Funny thing was, I thought he'd just give me the wig to try on. But he walked me to the mirror, put it on my head, and started stroking the hair to make it all fall into place, and it seemed like he was a parent trying to make me feel like a pretty little girl.
Ummm...dude, I just want this for surveillance so I don't get recognised.
I asked how much it was and he said it was $30 for hire for two days. I asked if they sold it and couldn't make out his response, so I hired it. He was flexible enough to allow me to return it on Monday. Surprisingly, and I guess this makes sense, he asked me for ID. I suppose people do buy these things to rob banks etc.
Last Saturday I did more surveillance. On my first drive on her street, I think I may have seen her standing outside talking to a guy, but I didn't have my glasses on so could not be sure. When I went back around, she was gone.
I parked on another street then met up with Michael L to pick up some letters for Eva. I returned to my car and went again looking for a parking spot. I managed to find the perfect one, right across her apartment giving me frontal vision of her entrance/exit.
As I sat there, I realised my car was probably too identifiable for her. She would definitely see a green Commodore quite easily. I needed another car.
I never saw her during my two hours or so, but did see Ash and Yuri leaving. I quickly ducked down and don't think they saw me. I've realised from my work that people walking on the street don't pay enough attention to cars.
Wednesday
While at work I felt like I changed my mind a bit. Maybe it was the possibility that my contract would get extended. I thought maybe I should just let the whole thing go, and also to take a holiday, forget about her and everything.
But then later on my mind changed again. I went into the OCD mode of 'must pursue and make her life hell or get my money back'. I felt insulted again.
That night we had a game against Machinas. It would be a grand final re-match, without the same substance. Found out Mike's instructions were to tank the game and lose it. And I only found that out in the middle of the first half, when I suggested Kevin go on for Alex, who then told me Mike said to leave Alex on for the whole game as he was our "star player".
Hmmm.
Despite that, Derek and I had excellent games. I hit my first three shots, and Derek was hitting his shots from everywhere. It actually didn't seem like we were tanking at all. It turned out to be a high scoring game, but in the game, they gave up on defence and allowed the other team to score and win. I was yelling out to draw the game, but they didn't listen. I know I told my Shoyo team to tank it so we could get into the lower division, but for this game I really wanted to win.
When I went home I found Jin had returned to Kakaotalk - on both accounts.
Thursday
I woke up early, and walked to work earlier than usual.
I had to meet Eva for lunch to give her the letters back. When I saw her at Wynyard I almost didn't recognise her, for two reasons: 1) she had changed her hair style, and 2) she wasn't wearing corporate work attire as I expected her to.
We found a food court inside a building nearby, and it occurred to me that, hey, here was a girl who suggested a food court! We got something from an Asian take away store and sat at stools to eat. We started talking about others, like Ele, and how Shuing had left for overseas. She told me about how she was planning to work in the US for a couple of years with her current company, which would affect whether she became a citizen or not.
I also brought up the book I was reading about reincarnation, which she seemed interested in. I find that I am having fun telling people about this book, like Genie.
As I spoke to her, I kept wondering to myself whether I could 'accept' her.
Could I really date a divorced woman?
I think the ultimate answer was no.
After lunch I went to pick up my shirts from the dry cleaners. And after work I went looking for a wig to wear on my next 'surveillance day'. I ended up in this place called House of Priscilla - a drag queen store. I found one I thought was suitable and asked the guy to get it for me as it was too high up. The mannequin head it was on kinda scared me, and I half expected it to lunge out and scream at me.
Funny thing was, I thought he'd just give me the wig to try on. But he walked me to the mirror, put it on my head, and started stroking the hair to make it all fall into place, and it seemed like he was a parent trying to make me feel like a pretty little girl.
Ummm...dude, I just want this for surveillance so I don't get recognised.
I asked how much it was and he said it was $30 for hire for two days. I asked if they sold it and couldn't make out his response, so I hired it. He was flexible enough to allow me to return it on Monday. Surprisingly, and I guess this makes sense, he asked me for ID. I suppose people do buy these things to rob banks etc.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home