Name:
Location: Australia

Saturday, December 28, 2013

I'm in Seoul!

On Wednesday it was raining, so missed out on my annual Christmas basketball work out :(

Also because of the rain, Thai re-scheduled our dinner to the next night. Turned out it would only be him, Brain and myself. We went to a Japanese restaurant in Haymarket, we had been there before, the one where you need to go upstairs.

We talked about my trip, reincarnation (again) and I may have said something which made Brain think about his dad (about how Ele said the best thing we could do for our parents is tell them not to fear death).

Afterwards we went for a coffee, courtesy of Thai, which I felt bad about, because I had suggested getting a table first and then he said he'd get my coffee.

So anyway, today (or yesterday) my dad drove me to the airport, and I made my way through check in. I had breakfast at Hungry Jack's, then went through Customs and waited for a while (typed up my last entry). 

On the plane, saw I was next to a young guy and his younger sister. Turns out he was with his whole family, front and back. I managed to watch two movies, 'Getaway' and 'RIPD'. Surprisingly I was much more into RIPD than Getaway, despite RIPD being much more nonsensical.

In between that, I read my reincarnation book and the Lonely Planet Guide. It was only until the end that the guy next to me (James) started talking to me after he saw me watch a bit of a Raptors-Sixers 2001 playoffs game. He was interested in basketball so that got us going till we landed.

When we landed, it was soooo cold! Fuck. It was like minus 5 degrees. I waited a long time for the bus, and the bus ride was much longer than I expected. I didn't even know how much to pay the driver and had to pay him one note at a time, which would've been $15AUD.

When I got off, it took me a long time to find my hotel, mainly because I couldn't read the street names. I had to ask a girl, who shyed away, then a guy who pointed me in the right direction (that was all I needed). But midway through, my hands felt like they were freezing off, and it became a struggle just to make it to the hotel.

Watching all the young girls in the street, it made me think that Jin must've gotten into the wrong crowd to end up where she currently is. Anyway, I found my hotel, and the check in by the girl wasn't too great, just basically gave me my card, no smile, no "how was your trip". I mean, fuck, I just trekked through minus 5 degrees!!!

I then went back out to look for a USB cable and a power adapter, managed to find both. Then stopped at a street stall to eat something. So funny, cause the old lady gave me a plate and I was about to walk away with it lol. Then I bought a deep fried sausage thing that wasn't that good cause she didn't seem to fry it long enough. Hmmm.

Gonna get some rest now and think about the plan here on in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home