She apologised
At about 3:30am on Friday, my phone rang.
Goddamn, is that my alarm? No it doesn't sound like it. It's your ringtone. Someone's ringing you.
This is probably Erica.
Nah, don't think it is.
I looked at the phone and it was her. I didn't answer it because I was too sleepy. She rang again. I didn't answer it. I thought she'd call a third time but nothing.
I'll call her back tomorrow morning.
But wait, what if she's in trouble and she needs your help?
Grrrr...this better not be a drunk call from a casino asking me for money.
So I got up, went into the kitchen and called back. Her familiar voice came onto the phone. She didn't sound drunk, and she didn't sound like she was out anywhere. The paranoia me imagined she went out drinking with the group of friends she had planned for the beach, and maybe even some sort of wild sex orgy. Yes, my paranoia and insecurity can run wild.
She said sorry. She said she slept in all day because she was tired. She said she woke up at noon and saw what a nice day it was and said sorry. I said it was ok. She said she'd take time off next month to spend with me. I said ok. In my hazy state, all I could think of was saying ok. But I was glad she apologised.
I didn't know what to say so I tried to brag about having court tomorrow. I think she took it as meaning I wanted to go back to sleep, so she said goodbye. Hmmm.
Anyway, on Friday I had my first DC sentence of the year. Despite the judge starting off a bit grumpy, I was surprised it didn't affect me. I even managed a smirk as she was going off a bit, which surprised her. Everything went smoothly, got it done quick. I didn't go to Moira's birthday lunch, mainly because I was feeling a bit out of it, having woken up at 3am, and also I didn't really want to encounter the awkwardness of Nunjo again.
After work I met up with Jim and we went to the old Mama's Kitchen for some spaghetti. We talked about the whole Bo confrontation thing that happened on Wednesday night. I didn't even see what happened, all I saw was after the game as I was walking back to the bench, Bo was in Jim's face and I separated them.
Jim told me he may have swore at Bo during the game when Bo threw the ball away, and then Jim did duty for like the last 10 minutes of the game. When the game finished, Jim walked to the bench and Bo confronted him, telling him not to swear at him as he did it last week as well. Mike separated them, but Bo went at him again, and it was this second one that I saw.
I could see it affected Jim quite a bit. He asked for the next few games off on Wednesday nights, and wants us to look for a replacement for the Sunday team. I didn't want him to make any rash decisions, and figured I could tell him to at least have a think about things. But he told me he already deleted Bo from Facebook, so I guess it's pretty serious this time.
On Saturday I drove to the gym in the early afternoon, in the Wick, before going home. I had to meet the guys for tennis at 4:30pm, and at 4pm I thought I'd rest my eyes, and accidentally fell asleep. I woke up at 4:30pm and quickly made my way to tennis. Luckily they had just started.
Brain brought his brother, and so there were five of us including G and Shuing. We played a few games, but I got a bit annoyed at how much downtime there was given we had to pay for the courts.
Afterwards Shuing, G and I went to eat at Red Rooster. We talked mainly about the possibility (probability?) of Eva and Michael L getting divorced.
Yesterday I went into the office to get some work done. I saw Moira and Helen there. Grrr. I was in work mood - I had something to do which didn't require much thinking, and it was raining pretty hard, so I couldn't play ball.
Today I basically bummed around the house, as I discovered the joys of playing against other people ONLINE in NBA2k13, haha!!!
Goddamn, is that my alarm? No it doesn't sound like it. It's your ringtone. Someone's ringing you.
This is probably Erica.
Nah, don't think it is.
I looked at the phone and it was her. I didn't answer it because I was too sleepy. She rang again. I didn't answer it. I thought she'd call a third time but nothing.
I'll call her back tomorrow morning.
But wait, what if she's in trouble and she needs your help?
Grrrr...this better not be a drunk call from a casino asking me for money.
So I got up, went into the kitchen and called back. Her familiar voice came onto the phone. She didn't sound drunk, and she didn't sound like she was out anywhere. The paranoia me imagined she went out drinking with the group of friends she had planned for the beach, and maybe even some sort of wild sex orgy. Yes, my paranoia and insecurity can run wild.
She said sorry. She said she slept in all day because she was tired. She said she woke up at noon and saw what a nice day it was and said sorry. I said it was ok. She said she'd take time off next month to spend with me. I said ok. In my hazy state, all I could think of was saying ok. But I was glad she apologised.
I didn't know what to say so I tried to brag about having court tomorrow. I think she took it as meaning I wanted to go back to sleep, so she said goodbye. Hmmm.
Anyway, on Friday I had my first DC sentence of the year. Despite the judge starting off a bit grumpy, I was surprised it didn't affect me. I even managed a smirk as she was going off a bit, which surprised her. Everything went smoothly, got it done quick. I didn't go to Moira's birthday lunch, mainly because I was feeling a bit out of it, having woken up at 3am, and also I didn't really want to encounter the awkwardness of Nunjo again.
After work I met up with Jim and we went to the old Mama's Kitchen for some spaghetti. We talked about the whole Bo confrontation thing that happened on Wednesday night. I didn't even see what happened, all I saw was after the game as I was walking back to the bench, Bo was in Jim's face and I separated them.
Jim told me he may have swore at Bo during the game when Bo threw the ball away, and then Jim did duty for like the last 10 minutes of the game. When the game finished, Jim walked to the bench and Bo confronted him, telling him not to swear at him as he did it last week as well. Mike separated them, but Bo went at him again, and it was this second one that I saw.
I could see it affected Jim quite a bit. He asked for the next few games off on Wednesday nights, and wants us to look for a replacement for the Sunday team. I didn't want him to make any rash decisions, and figured I could tell him to at least have a think about things. But he told me he already deleted Bo from Facebook, so I guess it's pretty serious this time.
On Saturday I drove to the gym in the early afternoon, in the Wick, before going home. I had to meet the guys for tennis at 4:30pm, and at 4pm I thought I'd rest my eyes, and accidentally fell asleep. I woke up at 4:30pm and quickly made my way to tennis. Luckily they had just started.
Brain brought his brother, and so there were five of us including G and Shuing. We played a few games, but I got a bit annoyed at how much downtime there was given we had to pay for the courts.
Afterwards Shuing, G and I went to eat at Red Rooster. We talked mainly about the possibility (probability?) of Eva and Michael L getting divorced.
Yesterday I went into the office to get some work done. I saw Moira and Helen there. Grrr. I was in work mood - I had something to do which didn't require much thinking, and it was raining pretty hard, so I couldn't play ball.
Today I basically bummed around the house, as I discovered the joys of playing against other people ONLINE in NBA2k13, haha!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home