Rejuvenated!
Did I mention that on Friday at work I felt rejuvenated??
How did it happen?
Well that stupid costs matter, I wrote a minute saying not to appeal. Stupid Helen wanted counsel's advice because she couldn't make up her mind and accept responsibility for making a decision. Anyway, counsel gave his advice like a day before the deadline, but I wasn't sure if the 28 days we had to appeal included public holidays, and neither did Helen.
PoSho looked up the law and said it included public holidays, and sent an email saying so. Then Helen sent a follow up email saying "yeah that's how I read it as well".
Da fuqqqq?
Now I didn't need anymore convincing that she was a person I didn't need to like.
It made me want to kick her ass, and it has given me motivation to work harder. The other thing is, I planned to speak to Nunjo again. I can't hate more than one person in my team, and the enemy of my enemy is my friend. I don't have proof that Nunjo doesn't like her, but I figured human nature dictates that you can't like anyone who steals your position, especially if you've been there seven years longer than them.
So today, in the photocopying room, I said to her "how are you today Nunjo?" and she said "well thanks [insert name here]". That was it. I don't know why I expected more, but I guess that was reasonable.
Also, today was my most productive day in a long long time. I got soooo much done. When I got to my next task, I would usually ponder a bit, but today I pushed myself to get on with it.
My other motivational factor? Taking Thursday off to go to the beach with Erica. I needed to get a lot of work done before Thursday, and that pushed me to do it.
However, I seem to have reached a bit of a speed bump. She said at first 6-7 people were coming, but my car can only take five. Now she says six people will be coming. I pondered for a long time as to how to solve this problem.
I had a few options:
1. Ask Malay. But my main fear was, he goes to these types of shops too, and everything would be revealed in the most awkward of ways.
2. Ask G. But he'd be a bit dumb and awkward in these situations.
3. Rent a car. I gave this a lot of thought, but I really don't want to drive a van. It's too hard to park. And expensive.
I finally suggested to her I could take two trips. A message shot back as follows:
"my friend's boy friend is live in perth so if ur car not enough space just rent car!"
At first I was taken aback by how rude she was. But then I realised, she doesn't talk like that. I think her friend must've typed it. Why? Because that didn't come from a translation program, and her English is not good enough to say all that.
Now I'm feeling a bit suss. In a lot of cases I see, people travel from Perth to here. I can just see myself being fucking followed by 5-0s.
How did it happen?
Well that stupid costs matter, I wrote a minute saying not to appeal. Stupid Helen wanted counsel's advice because she couldn't make up her mind and accept responsibility for making a decision. Anyway, counsel gave his advice like a day before the deadline, but I wasn't sure if the 28 days we had to appeal included public holidays, and neither did Helen.
PoSho looked up the law and said it included public holidays, and sent an email saying so. Then Helen sent a follow up email saying "yeah that's how I read it as well".
Da fuqqqq?
Now I didn't need anymore convincing that she was a person I didn't need to like.
It made me want to kick her ass, and it has given me motivation to work harder. The other thing is, I planned to speak to Nunjo again. I can't hate more than one person in my team, and the enemy of my enemy is my friend. I don't have proof that Nunjo doesn't like her, but I figured human nature dictates that you can't like anyone who steals your position, especially if you've been there seven years longer than them.
So today, in the photocopying room, I said to her "how are you today Nunjo?" and she said "well thanks [insert name here]". That was it. I don't know why I expected more, but I guess that was reasonable.
Also, today was my most productive day in a long long time. I got soooo much done. When I got to my next task, I would usually ponder a bit, but today I pushed myself to get on with it.
My other motivational factor? Taking Thursday off to go to the beach with Erica. I needed to get a lot of work done before Thursday, and that pushed me to do it.
However, I seem to have reached a bit of a speed bump. She said at first 6-7 people were coming, but my car can only take five. Now she says six people will be coming. I pondered for a long time as to how to solve this problem.
I had a few options:
1. Ask Malay. But my main fear was, he goes to these types of shops too, and everything would be revealed in the most awkward of ways.
2. Ask G. But he'd be a bit dumb and awkward in these situations.
3. Rent a car. I gave this a lot of thought, but I really don't want to drive a van. It's too hard to park. And expensive.
I finally suggested to her I could take two trips. A message shot back as follows:
"my friend's boy friend is live in perth so if ur car not enough space just rent car!"
At first I was taken aback by how rude she was. But then I realised, she doesn't talk like that. I think her friend must've typed it. Why? Because that didn't come from a translation program, and her English is not good enough to say all that.
Now I'm feeling a bit suss. In a lot of cases I see, people travel from Perth to here. I can just see myself being fucking followed by 5-0s.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home