Name:
Location: Australia

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The focus group

Today I left work about 25 minutes early to get to the focus group in North Sydney. I missed my stop but not by far, so had to catch another train back.

The whole thing was alright, better than I expected, and required less individual participation as I expected. One surprising thing was, there were name plates on our desks, and one at an empty spot was Peter! I was bracing myself in case he showed up, would've been a bit embarrassing, but he never showed up. It was a bit concerning that he'd do this, as it made me wonder how much money he was really making in his first year.

I was also wondering what the 'gift' was for attending and participating, as they didn't say. I was pretty sure it wouldn't be cash. They told us near the beginning, that we had a choice between a wine set and an Android tablet. I thought, who the hell is gonna go with the wine set?? One person did.

Anyway, that finished at 9:30pm and after that when I caught a train back to the city, I ended up going to the casino. Same plan - if she was there, I'd leave. But as I got closer, I started thinking, if she's there, don't gamble and just go talk to her, and ask her out or at least indicate you want to ask her out. I pictured her doing the night shift, standing at an empty table all alone. I mean, who the hell goes to the casino on a Tuesday night, right?

Everyone apparently. It was pretty busy in there. Only one empty roulette table, and she was nowhere to be seen. I bought in at a table with a dealer called Joel, who reminded me of Jamie Gao. I won on the first spin playing 1-2, then sat out the next spin which landed in 0-3. I played red/middle column and won $20 when it landed on 21.

By now I realised the most recent numbers were 23 and 10, with quite a few 23 before that. I bet on 1-2 with an additional straight up on 10 and 23. It landed on 23. I watched the next spin as it landed on 8. In the last 13 spins, seven of them had landed on either 10, 23 or 8. Unbelievable.

I cashed in with a $500 gain, and then walked around to see if she was at another game. At one of the blackjack/pontoon tables, I saw a figure that resembled her. My heart skipped a beat. She was dealing cards to some people. I walked in for a closer look, risking that she'd spot me and I would not be prepared with what to say.

It wasn't her. I was relieved.

I walked around a bit more before cashing in and walked out to the taxi rank. I saw that asshole cunt again and he took one look at me as I walked down the stairs and he was checking someone's bag. I'm sure he saw me get into the taxi.

I have a feeling I'll get banned soon, for what reason, I don't know. But I just need to see Julie one more time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home