Name:
Location: Australia

Thursday, October 09, 2014

Julie!

Well my gambling perma-ban didn't last long.

On Tuesday I returned to the casino. Despite having no funds from the personal loan, I had my credit card on me. After work I used it to withdraw - the max I could get was $800. I figured if I could win back my punting money with Misha, then that would be great.

I was extremely careful this time, I played incredibly tight, and my self control had been restored. Maybe it had to do with a week long break. Or maybe it had to do with the fact that I only had $800 to play with and that I'd have basically nothing left if I lost it.

I was determined to avoid empty tables. I found a table where two Asian men were playing with a fat blonde dealer. I bought in at that table. I was patient enough to wait for two spins in 0-3 section before betting. I won the first spin, netting me $60. I won the next spin, netting me another $60. I won again as it landed on 21, just within my sector, next to 4 which would've lost my money. Up $180, I played the colour/dozens strategy and made $20 twice, netting me $220.

I cashed in almost immediately. I didn't lose a bet, which was incredibly lucky. I had met my target, and now I was leaving. I went to another table to watch that acquaintance of the milf for a bit, disappointed that the milf wasn't around. I then left the casino and walked back to the office to get changed.

Yesterday after work I caught the train to basketball with Genie. We talked about work and me interviewing for different chambers. I got off at my station and then walked to the stadium. I wasn't playing, but I was dressed just in case I would be needed. I went mainly to help with duty and record the game, but they decided to have whoever was on the bench to record it.

We played HBK, the best team, and did really well. There were several lead changes and we only lost by five. Mike's brother was on fire in the beginning. I watched in awe as he hit shot after shot, thinking about how bright of a future he had as a basketball player. I felt like I wanted to take him under my wing and help him become a better player. After the game we all went to Pine Inn to eat.

Today, after work I went to the casino. It wasn't planned, but the bug crawled into my brain as the clocked ticked closer to 5pm. I figured I could win another $100 easily. This time, I changed my max withdrawal and took $1600 from my credit card.

I went in and waited a bit before finding a suitable table. The dealer was a tall Caucasian man, and there was one old lady playing and one old lady watching (with chips in her hand). I was patient and in control again, and my winnings were up and down, though I was never close to losing my first $800.

I did spot that Asian chick dealer earlier, but it was an empty table and you know how I am about empty tables. However, I also knew that when it was her turn to take a break, that she would come to my table. And that's exactly what happened.

She didn't seem to react much when I greeted her with a nod as she took over from the other dealer. I looked at her badge and noticed her name was Julie. I also noticed that her photo was quite good and clear, she had a good smile and a good pose, nothing awkward or too dated. Without thinking, and because I was in a bit of a talkative mood, I said "you have a nice photo". Didn't detect much reaction, until I added "you're very photogenic" which made her chuckle a bit, maybe out of embarrassment. I said other people's photos were so so.

She started spinning. I skipped the first spin and then started playing. I lost the first spin, and then won the next one. An Asian guy sat down next to me and cashed in. I could tell he came over for her, and he was starting to chat her up. He awkwardly asked her how she was and she said she was tired. I noticed he played with $25 chips, placing 15 chips on splits, which didn't make much sense to me. He covered 30 numbers, and if he won, he'd win two chips, but also put himself at risk to lose 15 chips. Using 15 chips to win 2...hmmm.

He cashed out later and she asked "you want $500?" and he said "$1000 would be better". She seemed confused, looking at the chips to make sure they didn't add up to $1000. It was his attempt at a joke.

He left and it was just Julie and I again with the old lady who wasn't playing (she cashed out later). I decided that she wasn't interested in conversation, so let her be. She asked me to let her know when I wanted her to spin, and I said not to worry about me as sometimes I don't bet.

At one point, just as she was about to spin, she said "no more bets". Realising what she had said, she laughed, and I said "you are tired" which made her laugh more. We started talking from there as she said that was the third time today she had made that mistake. She also said she made another mistake today, something about over paying someone $50, and the casino was trying to hunt the guy down lol.

She said I looked like a businessman and I told her I was a lawyer. She said I looked like a regular player and I said I had been playing for a few years (under-statement of the century). I detected a bit of a frown, so then I added "but on and off, sometimes I play for a few months and then I disappear for a few months". That seemed to enliven her mood again.

The fat lady dealer walked by to shuffle the chairs, and said to Julie "this is a good man, let him win", pointing at me. She asked me if I was winning, and I showed her $40 worth of chips, and said that was my gain. She said it was still something, before leaving.

I asked if she preferred quiet tables or busy tables, and she said it depended on her mood. I asked if she worked any other games and she said no, that it was only her second week at work and they started her on roulette. I asked if she enjoyed it and she said it was too early to tell. I asked if she played and she said she had no interest in gambling. I asked what made her apply for a job here and she said her sister wanted to apply and they both planned to send applications in, but her sister didn't send it and she got the job.

I lost one spin and she said something in Chinese. I shook my head and said I only understand Cantonese, not Chinese. She said it was something Chinese people said when they lost.

I asked her what time she started and she said noon. I said that was a long time, but that it probably would've been quiet. She said no, that there were crazy people who come in at all times.

She asked me what I specialised in and I said crime, and she said that would be interesting. She asked if I had always wanted to be a lawyer and I said no. We mentioned how Asian parents want their children to become doctors or lawyers. We started talking about the game and she said zero would be coming up soon. I said "don't say that" as I was betting 1-2 sector. After the result came out I said "or at least tell me before I place my bets" and she said I could've changed it. She said she gets zeros a lot, and so every now and then we'd see how close to zero she got.

I was up, and decided to play along, placing one chip on zero for two spins. When I lost, she said it made her feel bad lol. I was up $400 at one stage, but lost a bit back.  She said she had seven minutes left till her shift finished and that her hands were shaking.

You HAVE to leave before she does. Leave her wanting more, don't over stay your welcome.

I watched as she paid out someone's street. She seemed a bit unsure of the pay out at first, looking at her supervisor. I laughed, she saw it and playfully said "what are you laughing at?" I said nothing, that I was just happy.

I cashed in with a $270 gain. She wished me a good day and I said "you too" and left.

Bravo.

As I walked back to the main part of the city, I immediately thought about the future. What if we start dating? I'm sure it's a lot better to meet someone from the casino than in a brothel. Would her parents mind that she met a gambler from her work at the casino? I don't need Jin and her demand for $50,000. There are girls out there who can like me without me paying for it, and Julie seemed like one of them.

I also thought about how this could help keep me in control of my gambling. I obviously don't want her to see me there too often, so this would deter me from going all the time, or going bat shit crazy and betting $400 per spin.

I pictured myself promising to her that I would never gamble again if we were together.

Yes, I think way too far ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home