Name:
Location: Australia

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Cookie for Valentine's Day

On Friday Lina was returning from Gold Coast, but I was unsure what time, though I was waiting for her. I pictured her returning for work, I'd make a booking, buy a rose, maybe even a box of chocolates. I'd knock on her door, strike a pose holding the rose and chocolates behind my back wearing my suit, and she'd open the door laughing.

But at 3:30pm all that came crashing down when she replied saying she couldn't work today, as she was sick due to having drunk too much. She also sent a "Happy valentine day" message. I guess I didn't doubt her, though I kinda wanted to see if she'd come out for dinner anyway.

Dude, she's SICK!

Yeah...I know.

I suggested meeting the next day so she could make me the spicy soup noodles as we talked about previously, and she seemed very enthusiastic about that. I knew I should've been content with that, and told myself to just go home and play GTA for the night, but I used Wechat to look for others out of curiosity. Got talking to this one girl who was based in Zetland, and ended up meeting her.

At the end of the day I went to Myer to buy a pair of boxers as the one I was wearing was dirty. I went home, got changed and headed to Zetland. It was much closer than I thought, like literally five minutes from my house. I waited for a bit before she messaged me her apartment number. Turned out I was parked right outside the place.

So I pressed the buzzer, and she answered in Cantonese. I answered in English and she buzzed me in. When I knocked on her door, she opened it slightly to take a look at me first. She said I didn't look Asian, so I said a few words in Cantonese and she let me in.

It was a medium sized apartment with two levels, a bit like the one Emily used to live in. She asked me to walk upstairs and we went into her room. It was actually like, her room. This wasn't a "shop" or an apartment set up to be a shop, it was her home! I paid her $320 and she said it was $350, so I showed her the message she sent saying $320 and she said it was a typo. I didn't really want to give in, but said I'd go down and get it and she said I could give it to her after.

Anyway, I showered then laid on her bed and she went down on me. She probably gave the best attention to detail while doing it. I told her that and she said she wasn't doing it with heart, but if I came more often she would. She also told me she was 20. She kept saying I didn't look Asian but didn't know what I looked like.

She asked me what position I wanted and I said for her to be on top, and she called me lazy. She just rocked back and forth a bit before we switched and I got on top of her, and we finished that way.

We got talking and I wanted to see what she was doing after and she said nothing. She said she was studying in high school here, and had been here in Australia for a year. She said she rents this apartment and leases the other room out, and she pays $650 a week for it. I asked her for her name and she said to call her Cookie. So I said "biscuit" in Cantonese and she laughed.

She asked if I had a girlfriend and I said no. She asked if I was "dry". I told her about the break up and the money aspect of it, but didn't say that she was a prostitute. She said it was bad of the girl to lie, and if she wanted money herself she'd just come out and ask for it.

We somehow got talking about spending the rest of the night together, and negotiated a price. She wanted $1500 and I said $1300 and she agreed. I used her computer to transfer her the money.

We got dressed and headed out. Her flat mate was downstairs playing some computer game, and ignored her when she told him we were going out. We went to Bondi, as I had googled a Japanese restaurant there. Had a bit of problem parking and then couldn't find the restaurant, so settled for Bavarian Beer Cafe.

On the drive there, she told me about her life - she said while she was being raised in Hong Kong by her parents, she suspected her mother wasn't her real mother as she didn't treat her well. So she investigated a bit and after seeing the vaccination card, knew that it wasn't her real mother. She discovered that her real mother was here in Australia, so she came here looking for her. She said she found her, but her mother already had two other daughters and didn't seem to want anything to do with her. And so here she is now, trying to survive all by herself.

She said the pain was too much for her. She said it was like cutting herself, over and over again, and once you do it enough times, you stop feeling the pain, you just become numb. I told her I thought she was taking it out on herself. I meant by prostituting herself, but not sure if she got the point.

I felt there was a bit of connection and similarity between us. I had gone to Korea to find Jin's mother, and she was here to find her own mother. Even she said during the ride that she felt it was easy to talk to me.

During the meal she talked about her other 'clients' and said some were successful businessmen and some were drug dealers. She said she had been taken to a drug dealer's house and was scared. To be, it was obvious what type of life she was heading down to. I asked her what she wanted to do when she finished school and she said she didn't know. I felt the urge to be the white knight in shining armour, to come into her life, teach her, and help her get into university at least. But I had paid a costly lesson in trying that with Jin.

Maybe it's time I accepted that I can't always help people. Or at least, I should help myself before I can help others.

She seemed fairly mature for her age, showing knowledge about money, how to make it, how to save it, seeing value in things and all that. I guess when you're left to survive on your own, you have to learn these things quickly.

One annoying thing was she kept playing on her phone a lot of the time. She told me there was a funny bit when I went to the toilet, and the waitress brought over the 1 litre beer and a lemonade. The waitress gave her the lemonade and shifted the beer to my seat, before Cookie swapped it around and the waitress gave her a funny look lol.

After the meal I wanted to go for a walk along the beach, but she said it was too cold and she was sleepy after drinking so she wanted to go home. I asked if it was ok to go for a drive and she said yes. She also said she wanted some mouth wash so I decided to drive to the sea side and get some petrol and mouth wash on the way there.

I was surprised and impressed when we stopped at the service station that she remarked about how expensive the petrol was, despite not even driving herself.

When we got to the sea side, it was unfortunately closed. I remembered the time with Jin where I got a ticket for going through the exit, so decided not to do it this time, and we went back to her place.

I wasn't sure what was going to happen, and after I showered, I was about to put my boxers on when she said we could sleep naked. She had gone to sleep while I waited for the clock to strike 12 so I could transfer her the rest of the money. During the whole night there'd be times when I'd wake up and try to get some intimacy going, but one time she got up and went to the toilet, and when she returned she said she was having her period.

So that was the end of that.

I woke up at about 6:30am and left quietly. It was raining, so no basketball today. I guess the gods want me to spend this time studying.

I messaged her thanking her for spending Valentine's Day with me and stated I left quietly as I didn't want to disturb her.

I think I'm too easily led into things, because now I was starting to think about Cookie more than Lina.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home