Money as a drug...
Yesterday I was a bit more productive at work, probably because when I checked Jin's records again, it looked like she had spent the whole morning using the internet, probably texting. At first I thought it may have been to that guy, but then I told myself that I had seen entries like this before, which relaxed me.
At lunch I thought about going to the casino, but what I ended up doing instead was going to the bank to see if I could get a personal loan to buy a car from Ele's friend for the purposes of re-selling it. Surprisingly, the computer pre-approved me for a $46,000 secured loan, despite that fact that I was owing $19,000 on a personal loan and $8,000 on a credit card. Far out.
But it all turned out to be nothing because I realised the car wasn't actually a bargain at all. I got the engine capacity wrong, which meant she was selling it for appropriate market value; the other more expensive ones I had seen had a bigger engine.
After work I went to the Bar Ass Ethics tutorial. I didn't enjoy it too much because:
1. The tutor came a bit late
2. He was slow so we finished like half an hour over time
3. I was in a shit group, not only did I miss out on being in Vicky's group, but my group just seemed to have no sense of humour at all
4. All I could think of was gambling
When we were done, I rushed back to the office before the alarm set in, to put my book back.
I felt bad about it, but I withdrew $2,000 from the ATM and went to the casino. I found a table with a cheery skinny geeky looking guy. I didn't have enough time to place all 40 chips on my first spin, so only placed 20, which was good as I lost anyway.
I won the next spin, then the next one again, and now was up about $1,400. I sat out the next few spins. Then there was a dealer change. I seriously considered leaving but played a small hand on the next spin and won. I was up $1,720. I cashed out.
When Leonardo Dicaprio said in Wolf of Wall Street that money is like a drug, he was right. After I cashed it in, I felt like I was on top of the world, like all my worries were over, even though they weren't. I was glad that I didn't keep gambling, and that I managed to leave on a win, and almost doubled my initial bankroll.
As I walked off from the casino, I did the figures myself - if I apply this to my loan, that brings it down to about $18,300, and after my next pay cheque, it will be $17,300. I felt like I was approaching some sort of significant milestone. I think if I can get the loan to under $15,000, the mental worry will disappear.
I ended up going to the massage place nearby. I wanted to see Honey but she wasn't working. So I asked for a girl with good English and was suggested Bianca, so I booked her. I just wanted to talk.
When she came in, she had Honey's reaction of "have you seen me before?" I told her no, that I just asked for a girl with good English. Her English wasn't as good as Honey's, and she was a lot more distant than Honey. When I said I just wanted to talk, she seemed a bit uncomfortable, and for the rest of the hour sat a distance away from me on the same couch.
So I told her the story, and didn't get much feedback from her. She seemed naturally quiet, but did manage to express the view that places like this is not for looking for girlfriends. She said if she met any customers outside, it would only be for the purpose of trying to get them to come back for more visits.
Maybe it was a waste of $165, but I did feel a little bit better after letting the story out.
At lunch I thought about going to the casino, but what I ended up doing instead was going to the bank to see if I could get a personal loan to buy a car from Ele's friend for the purposes of re-selling it. Surprisingly, the computer pre-approved me for a $46,000 secured loan, despite that fact that I was owing $19,000 on a personal loan and $8,000 on a credit card. Far out.
But it all turned out to be nothing because I realised the car wasn't actually a bargain at all. I got the engine capacity wrong, which meant she was selling it for appropriate market value; the other more expensive ones I had seen had a bigger engine.
After work I went to the Bar Ass Ethics tutorial. I didn't enjoy it too much because:
1. The tutor came a bit late
2. He was slow so we finished like half an hour over time
3. I was in a shit group, not only did I miss out on being in Vicky's group, but my group just seemed to have no sense of humour at all
4. All I could think of was gambling
When we were done, I rushed back to the office before the alarm set in, to put my book back.
I felt bad about it, but I withdrew $2,000 from the ATM and went to the casino. I found a table with a cheery skinny geeky looking guy. I didn't have enough time to place all 40 chips on my first spin, so only placed 20, which was good as I lost anyway.
I won the next spin, then the next one again, and now was up about $1,400. I sat out the next few spins. Then there was a dealer change. I seriously considered leaving but played a small hand on the next spin and won. I was up $1,720. I cashed out.
When Leonardo Dicaprio said in Wolf of Wall Street that money is like a drug, he was right. After I cashed it in, I felt like I was on top of the world, like all my worries were over, even though they weren't. I was glad that I didn't keep gambling, and that I managed to leave on a win, and almost doubled my initial bankroll.
As I walked off from the casino, I did the figures myself - if I apply this to my loan, that brings it down to about $18,300, and after my next pay cheque, it will be $17,300. I felt like I was approaching some sort of significant milestone. I think if I can get the loan to under $15,000, the mental worry will disappear.
I ended up going to the massage place nearby. I wanted to see Honey but she wasn't working. So I asked for a girl with good English and was suggested Bianca, so I booked her. I just wanted to talk.
When she came in, she had Honey's reaction of "have you seen me before?" I told her no, that I just asked for a girl with good English. Her English wasn't as good as Honey's, and she was a lot more distant than Honey. When I said I just wanted to talk, she seemed a bit uncomfortable, and for the rest of the hour sat a distance away from me on the same couch.
So I told her the story, and didn't get much feedback from her. She seemed naturally quiet, but did manage to express the view that places like this is not for looking for girlfriends. She said if she met any customers outside, it would only be for the purpose of trying to get them to come back for more visits.
Maybe it was a waste of $165, but I did feel a little bit better after letting the story out.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home