My 2012 financial position
Last night I ended up catching a bus out to the city. While getting dressed, I had contemplated going to Naby's shop or the casino. I wasn't sure, maybe I'd do neither, but I just felt like going out to get some air. In fact, I kinda wanted to go to the wharfs to sit down, but at this time of night it might be a bit dangerous to be alone there, especially given what I saw there with Erica the other night.
Anyway, I found myself getting off the bus in the city, and almost subconsciously re-tracing the path I walked with Erica. Or maybe this was just the usual path I always took to the casino.
I walked along the bridge, and thought about our walk there. I decided to turn away from the casino and walked into Darling Harbour. I went past Hurricanes, where I saw us waiting outside for our table, and her showing me the wrist she injured in Korea.
I ended up sitting in front of the water where the common area is in front of the harbour. There were a few people sitting there by themselves as well.
At first I played games on my phone, then I kept checking for a message from Erica. She still hadn't seen the picture I sent.
I contemplated what to do. To my left, was the casino. The thought of winning a couple of hundred dollars was alluring. The thought of being approached by security guards was not. I also thought, if indeed I could freely go in and play, what would that lead to next year? More gambling? In effect, you got paid $500 to never go back. Seems like a good deal to me.
To my right, was the path to a massage shop. I could always go for a massage I suppose? Or maybe Naby's shop? I thought about going there so I could hit two birds with one stone - get sex, and ask the girl to translate some of the messages for me.
But no, that would be cheating.
But what about your massage the other day?
That doesn't count. I never went there with the intention of starting something new. With the massage shop or Naby's shop now, it could.
A very logical thought then occurred to me - you can't say she was ignoring your message, because she just hasn't seen it. If she had seen it and then not replied, then you would have cause for grief. But maybe she was just busy? Maybe her phone was out of battery?
There were a lot of possibilities, but I can't go on a mental wreck everytime one pops up. I also can't go visit another girl everytime my insecurity arises, because I'd be a very poor man.
Anyway, I sat there for a while longer before decided to leave. For some reason I felt like buying something, anything. I wanted to buy Sleeping Dogs but JB was closed. I was thirsty and wanted a drink, but didn't get one.
I went home, played a game of 2K13, then went to bed with the internet on my phone switched on. I woke up in the middle of the night to check, and still nothing.
So given this period of relative inactivity, I might as well blog about my financial position at the end of the year. As at 20/12/12, when I last got paid and updated my position, I had about $8000 in shares and $6000 in cash, netting about $14,000 in net position. Sure, a lot of that is my dad's, but it sure is a hell of a lot better than being in net debt position at this time last year.
My plan is to have about $20,000 cash by end of next year. With that, I intend to either go to the bar, or start some sort of business.
Anyway, I found myself getting off the bus in the city, and almost subconsciously re-tracing the path I walked with Erica. Or maybe this was just the usual path I always took to the casino.
I walked along the bridge, and thought about our walk there. I decided to turn away from the casino and walked into Darling Harbour. I went past Hurricanes, where I saw us waiting outside for our table, and her showing me the wrist she injured in Korea.
I ended up sitting in front of the water where the common area is in front of the harbour. There were a few people sitting there by themselves as well.
At first I played games on my phone, then I kept checking for a message from Erica. She still hadn't seen the picture I sent.
I contemplated what to do. To my left, was the casino. The thought of winning a couple of hundred dollars was alluring. The thought of being approached by security guards was not. I also thought, if indeed I could freely go in and play, what would that lead to next year? More gambling? In effect, you got paid $500 to never go back. Seems like a good deal to me.
To my right, was the path to a massage shop. I could always go for a massage I suppose? Or maybe Naby's shop? I thought about going there so I could hit two birds with one stone - get sex, and ask the girl to translate some of the messages for me.
But no, that would be cheating.
But what about your massage the other day?
That doesn't count. I never went there with the intention of starting something new. With the massage shop or Naby's shop now, it could.
A very logical thought then occurred to me - you can't say she was ignoring your message, because she just hasn't seen it. If she had seen it and then not replied, then you would have cause for grief. But maybe she was just busy? Maybe her phone was out of battery?
There were a lot of possibilities, but I can't go on a mental wreck everytime one pops up. I also can't go visit another girl everytime my insecurity arises, because I'd be a very poor man.
Anyway, I sat there for a while longer before decided to leave. For some reason I felt like buying something, anything. I wanted to buy Sleeping Dogs but JB was closed. I was thirsty and wanted a drink, but didn't get one.
I went home, played a game of 2K13, then went to bed with the internet on my phone switched on. I woke up in the middle of the night to check, and still nothing.
So given this period of relative inactivity, I might as well blog about my financial position at the end of the year. As at 20/12/12, when I last got paid and updated my position, I had about $8000 in shares and $6000 in cash, netting about $14,000 in net position. Sure, a lot of that is my dad's, but it sure is a hell of a lot better than being in net debt position at this time last year.
My plan is to have about $20,000 cash by end of next year. With that, I intend to either go to the bar, or start some sort of business.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home