Name:
Location: Australia

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Near end?

 On Friday night, she continued the chat by sending a dancing emoticon. The rest followed:

Me @ 7:25pm - you finish sleep?
Her @ 7:26pm - yes. ha ha ha
Me @ 7:28pm - haha
want to try mono rail? :)
Her @ 7:28pm - yes.nex time. ha (happy emoticon)
Me @ 7:30pm - I enjoyed last night (laugh emoticon)
Her @ 7:31pm - Starting tomorrow, I do not want to bother you, but out of real're ㅜㅜ

Huh? What does that mean? Does she not want to see me anymore?

In hindsight, I wonder if what she meant was "starting work tomorrow, I don't want to bother you" instead of "from tomorrow on I do not want to bother you".

Me @ 7:49pm - ??
you are no bother
I like spending time with you (smiley face)
Her @ 8:23pm - me too (heart eyes emoticon)
Me @ 8:24pm - your last message
I do not understand

Gee, do you really want to go back to it? Looks like you could've moved on...

Her @ 8:25pm - (crying emoticon)
[translated: I'm done?]
[translated: from tomorrow I'm working.]
[translated: I do not want to make it work ryeoni]
[translated: Saturday and Sunday a break huh?]

Does she want a break from me?

Now I was in a bit of panic mode. I didn't want to leave room for any mis-interpretations, so thought it might be better to talk face to face.

Me @ 8:28pm - are you free to meet tonight? (smiley face)
Her @ 8:33pm - ha ha ha
[translated: days from today, tomorrow I need to continue to sleep (riding bike emoticon)]
Me @ 8:34pm - ok
But
I want to continue seeing you (smiley face)
you make me happy (smiley face)
Her @ 8:36pm - me too
ha ha ha (eyes wide open emoticon)
(dancing and pointing at me emoticon)
[translated: heh]
Me @ 8:38pm - I understand your work
we can meet when you are free (smiley face)
last night I sleep very happy
hahaha

Her @ 8:39pm - ha ha ha
[translated: for the time being, it has to work harder..]
(crying emoticon)
[translated: go to like the beach]

She then sent me two photos, one she took of me at dinner, and the other of the snowman we saw in a shop window.

Me @ 8:44pm - hahaha
please don't be sad
I want you to be happy (smiley face)
Maybe your day off
we can meet
we can work something out (smiley face)

Her @ 8:47pm - [translated: I'm happy David encounters]
Day off, I look

From thereon we continued chatting but moved onto other topics. If she was talking about not seeing each other, I may have saved it. But already now, after one date, you can see the potential for trouble. One of the other things she said later on was she wanted me to teach her English.

So yesterday after going to the courts in the morning, I went out to the city to look for a suitable book that I could use to teach her English. I went to Kinokuniya first, and found one that had a lot of pictures and taught the basics, so thought that was a good one, but I wanted to check out other stores first.

I went to Dymocks and couldn't find anything there, then remembered that I got a nice Korean-English dictionary for another girl before (the one in between Naby) from the Broadway Dymocks. Even though it was a bit of a walk, I decided to go. It was basically going from one end of the city to another.

Anyway, she had texted me at about 3:30pm saying she was starting work and had a crying emoticon. I had thought we'd (or at least, I) be happy not to contact each other on this day, just to get a bit of a break from one another, but she obviously felt ok for such continuous contact.

I tried not to think about her work, but what really hurt me was how much she didn't like it. I guess I could turn a blind eye easier if she was at least ok with her job, but by the sound of things she really disliked it.

I texted her saying I was looking for a book for her to teach her English. I got to Broadway and checked out JB Hi-fi. Once I went in, I realised that this was where Dymocks was supposed to be! I recognised the extra large lay out and the slope you get to once you reach the middle of the store.

I told myself not to buy anything, since I needed to save every dollar I could for Erica.

I then found Dymocks had re-located to another store within the shopping centre, a smaller store. I found the dictionary and got it, then walked back to Kinokuniya to get that other book. I did consider not going, because it was such a long walk back, but thinking about Erica gave me some motivation.

So I got the book, then caught the bus and went home.

This morning I woke up at about 7:30am and saw she had sent me a message at 6am asking if I wanted to meet for some food and beer. I texted back yes, and thought we had agreed to meet, but when I drove out there, she wasn't picking up or responding.

I think my usual response would be to get angry, but I tried to understand, and I think she just fell asleep. She did say she needed yto wake up at 11.

Anyway, I decided to make good use of my time by taking some personal stuff out of the office and taking my shirts for a wash, so I went to the dry cleaners as well. I decided if I got home and she still hadn't responded, then I'd return the car to my dad, since there was now no point in hogging it for the day, which is what ended up happening, and hence why I'm here.

While I was out at the city this morning, I walked around looking for a place we could go for food and alcohol. It surprised me how quiet it was. I began looking around and suspecting that any Asian girl walking around at this time of day in the city would be a working girl. I looked into some cafes opened at this hour, looking for Asian girls, and almost expecting them to be drinking, laughing and partying. I don't know why, I always seem to think their lives are filled with parties and sex, but maybe it's not that exciting after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home