New boss
Yesterday I had lunch with Ogre, Gonaz, Genie and Maria. The four of us walked from our office to the pub to meet Ogre, and for the first part of the walk Maria was walking with me and we were having this nice conversation, and then at the lights she just leaves and talks to Genie and Gonaz. Fuck. And strange.
Ogre showed up shortly after we arrived, and it was good to see her. It hasn't been so long that we feel distant yet, but I know that time will come. She seemed happy, and we all talked about the new movements, with the new boss moving into Mary's room, and work in Gonaz's and Maria's branch.
At the end of the lunch Ogre gave us small gifts - lollies from Happy Lab and a Christmas card. I had thought about buying her something but didn't think this was the gift giving type of lunch. Oh well, at least I wasn't the only one.
In the afternoon at 4:30pm everyone went down to level 8 to meet the new boss Robert. I had never seen so many people in this meeting room before. If only everyone was so dedicated to attend CLEs.
Anyway, I found his talk to be refreshing and slightly inspirational. He said we have a story to tell and we have to do a better job of telling it. He said he wants to get to know us, and I thought he took some swipes at the old boss, saying he wanted to be based on level 11 because he couldn't see how it was possible to work from such a remote location as level 26.
Although I liked his speech, a small part of me was cynical and wondered if this was all bullshit. Afterall, the old boss said a lot of crap but never lived up to it. Was this just another instance of it? Only time will tell I guess, but his first action (moving in Mary's room) certainly backed up his words for now.
After I got changed, Clare asked me a question as she prepared for her assist list the next day. We ended up gossiping with the door closed, and I found it slightly uncomfortable with her sitting on the floor, her legs exposed, and she took off her jacker, now exposing her arms and slight cleavage. A part of me wondered if she was flirting, but she's too sensible to do anything like that.
Today
As I walked to work this morning, I felt like I was starting to come to my senses.
Man fuck that, I ain't spending $2000 on a trip to Melbourne. I'll buy the iPad, send her a photo of it, and if she doesn't come back for it, then it's mine. You can see a lot of different girls for that amount of money. It ain't worth it.
So with that, it was partly settled.
I started the day in court, filling in for Mary, waiting around for the jury. I stayed at court reading the transcripts, and bumped into Mot. I brought up about going to the bar and he said something about thinking of doing the exam in February (great, so I'll definitely be the last), but then my barista turned up and I had to leave the conversation.
Anyway, I had to go up a few levels later to pass on a message to Clare and bumped into Nom. I told her about the bar as well, and she seemed to think it was the right time, and said I shouldn't leave it too late. The first thing she said, however, was how I'd lost all my hair. Great. Maybe it was just me, but she seemed a bit nervous talking to me. Either that or she didn't really want to stay and talk.
I went back to the office at lunchtime, then went to Medicare for a refund at lunch, bought a box of sushi and ate it back in the office. As I left my room to chuck out the sushi box, I bumped into Nikila and asked her how Friday was after the party, and we started talking. She mentioned she ducked out during lunch to look for christmas presents but couldn't find any, and I suggested a website for her. Then I noticed Nunjo had closed her door.
Was she jealous? She would've seen us talking at the party, so maybe she thinks I'm trying to chat Nikila up?
Later on, Helen came to my room to talk about my minute. I felt like she was interrogating me, but I think I was just being defensive. I think she just genuinely wanted to know more. I did realise, however, that she couldn't read a bail report. Hmmm. Not sure how well I'm going to take to someone being more incompetent than me being my supervisor.
Also chatting to Alanna via IM today, and she revealed so much goss - like how the new boss Robert doesn't get along with DS or Jim. Wow, that's going to be exciting to see. She also thought that Helen was more deserving of the acting role than Nunjo, which I initially disagreed with but she reasoned that you can't act up someone already acting up, especially when there is a permanent there. Makes sense. She also seemed to think if Nunjo was going to be permanent it would've already been done by now, and that the office was obviously trying to send her a message.
After work I met up with Ele to go buy the iPads. She had Laura with her, and we went to DJ's together, although Laura went to check out the shoes, so Ele and I went to the electronics. We waited a while before being served, and while waiting, she told me a story about her husband's friend, how he bought this girl a necklace from Tiffany's wanting her to be his girlfriend, she took it but refused to be his girlfriend. I said "why would he buy something for a girl that wasn't his girlfriend?"
Ah, the hypocrisy.
At the time I thought she was just telling me a story, but now that I think about it, was she trying to hint to me that I shouldn't buy an iPad for a girl? Was it that obvious?
When we were finally served, there were some complications with the payment.
First, the guy told us that we couldn't pay by credit if we were using the staff discount.
Uh oh. Looks like we'll have to come back.
But Ele cleverly suggested that I use my credit card to buy gift voucher cards which in turn would then be used to buy the iPads. Very clever.
So that took a bit of time. And then the guy asked Ele to sign the staff discount form, and she hesitated.
Oh my god, she doesn't know how to sign as her friend on the card!
She signed her Chinese name, and the guy compared it but didn't say anything.
Then when the payment for her one was being done, she had her own credit card in her name and asked if she could use that, but the guy said no, because it'd be fraud to use someone else's credit card. But we ended up using mine, so that was ok, although strangely she insisted we do it the same way, ie. buying it via a gift card. She said that was so I could earn points on my card, and I told her afterwards that I don't have a reward system because my card charges no annual fees.
Oh, and good thing for me was that I asked for one black and one white, but the white ones only had 16GB, so that was cheaper. I decided to give the black 32GB to my sister and the white one to Erica.
We walked around the shop a bit, with me wondering if we'd later be charged with fraud. I wasn't exactly sure how DJ's viewed the use of staff discount cards by other people.
I walked her to the station and then went back to work. I wrote 'Erica' on a post it note, stuck it on the iPad box and took a photo. I sent it to her, and she replied with "what?" lol. I said it was her xmas present, and she asked "really?" and then when I said yes, she sent emoticons showing she liked it. Makes me think maybe she wasn't expecting too much when she actually asked for it.
She said she'd buy me drinks, and I (half) joked that I'd come to Melbourne. She said she was coming to Sydney on the weekend.
Wait, is this just because of the iPad? Nah, you wouldn't come all the way just to pick up an iPad.
Well then why didn't she fucking tell me that before??
Oh well, it was pretty good news to know I'd save $2000 now that I didn't have to go to Melbourne.
Ogre showed up shortly after we arrived, and it was good to see her. It hasn't been so long that we feel distant yet, but I know that time will come. She seemed happy, and we all talked about the new movements, with the new boss moving into Mary's room, and work in Gonaz's and Maria's branch.
At the end of the lunch Ogre gave us small gifts - lollies from Happy Lab and a Christmas card. I had thought about buying her something but didn't think this was the gift giving type of lunch. Oh well, at least I wasn't the only one.
In the afternoon at 4:30pm everyone went down to level 8 to meet the new boss Robert. I had never seen so many people in this meeting room before. If only everyone was so dedicated to attend CLEs.
Anyway, I found his talk to be refreshing and slightly inspirational. He said we have a story to tell and we have to do a better job of telling it. He said he wants to get to know us, and I thought he took some swipes at the old boss, saying he wanted to be based on level 11 because he couldn't see how it was possible to work from such a remote location as level 26.
Although I liked his speech, a small part of me was cynical and wondered if this was all bullshit. Afterall, the old boss said a lot of crap but never lived up to it. Was this just another instance of it? Only time will tell I guess, but his first action (moving in Mary's room) certainly backed up his words for now.
After I got changed, Clare asked me a question as she prepared for her assist list the next day. We ended up gossiping with the door closed, and I found it slightly uncomfortable with her sitting on the floor, her legs exposed, and she took off her jacker, now exposing her arms and slight cleavage. A part of me wondered if she was flirting, but she's too sensible to do anything like that.
Today
As I walked to work this morning, I felt like I was starting to come to my senses.
Man fuck that, I ain't spending $2000 on a trip to Melbourne. I'll buy the iPad, send her a photo of it, and if she doesn't come back for it, then it's mine. You can see a lot of different girls for that amount of money. It ain't worth it.
So with that, it was partly settled.
I started the day in court, filling in for Mary, waiting around for the jury. I stayed at court reading the transcripts, and bumped into Mot. I brought up about going to the bar and he said something about thinking of doing the exam in February (great, so I'll definitely be the last), but then my barista turned up and I had to leave the conversation.
Anyway, I had to go up a few levels later to pass on a message to Clare and bumped into Nom. I told her about the bar as well, and she seemed to think it was the right time, and said I shouldn't leave it too late. The first thing she said, however, was how I'd lost all my hair. Great. Maybe it was just me, but she seemed a bit nervous talking to me. Either that or she didn't really want to stay and talk.
I went back to the office at lunchtime, then went to Medicare for a refund at lunch, bought a box of sushi and ate it back in the office. As I left my room to chuck out the sushi box, I bumped into Nikila and asked her how Friday was after the party, and we started talking. She mentioned she ducked out during lunch to look for christmas presents but couldn't find any, and I suggested a website for her. Then I noticed Nunjo had closed her door.
Was she jealous? She would've seen us talking at the party, so maybe she thinks I'm trying to chat Nikila up?
Later on, Helen came to my room to talk about my minute. I felt like she was interrogating me, but I think I was just being defensive. I think she just genuinely wanted to know more. I did realise, however, that she couldn't read a bail report. Hmmm. Not sure how well I'm going to take to someone being more incompetent than me being my supervisor.
Also chatting to Alanna via IM today, and she revealed so much goss - like how the new boss Robert doesn't get along with DS or Jim. Wow, that's going to be exciting to see. She also thought that Helen was more deserving of the acting role than Nunjo, which I initially disagreed with but she reasoned that you can't act up someone already acting up, especially when there is a permanent there. Makes sense. She also seemed to think if Nunjo was going to be permanent it would've already been done by now, and that the office was obviously trying to send her a message.
After work I met up with Ele to go buy the iPads. She had Laura with her, and we went to DJ's together, although Laura went to check out the shoes, so Ele and I went to the electronics. We waited a while before being served, and while waiting, she told me a story about her husband's friend, how he bought this girl a necklace from Tiffany's wanting her to be his girlfriend, she took it but refused to be his girlfriend. I said "why would he buy something for a girl that wasn't his girlfriend?"
Ah, the hypocrisy.
At the time I thought she was just telling me a story, but now that I think about it, was she trying to hint to me that I shouldn't buy an iPad for a girl? Was it that obvious?
When we were finally served, there were some complications with the payment.
First, the guy told us that we couldn't pay by credit if we were using the staff discount.
Uh oh. Looks like we'll have to come back.
But Ele cleverly suggested that I use my credit card to buy gift voucher cards which in turn would then be used to buy the iPads. Very clever.
So that took a bit of time. And then the guy asked Ele to sign the staff discount form, and she hesitated.
Oh my god, she doesn't know how to sign as her friend on the card!
She signed her Chinese name, and the guy compared it but didn't say anything.
Then when the payment for her one was being done, she had her own credit card in her name and asked if she could use that, but the guy said no, because it'd be fraud to use someone else's credit card. But we ended up using mine, so that was ok, although strangely she insisted we do it the same way, ie. buying it via a gift card. She said that was so I could earn points on my card, and I told her afterwards that I don't have a reward system because my card charges no annual fees.
Oh, and good thing for me was that I asked for one black and one white, but the white ones only had 16GB, so that was cheaper. I decided to give the black 32GB to my sister and the white one to Erica.
We walked around the shop a bit, with me wondering if we'd later be charged with fraud. I wasn't exactly sure how DJ's viewed the use of staff discount cards by other people.
I walked her to the station and then went back to work. I wrote 'Erica' on a post it note, stuck it on the iPad box and took a photo. I sent it to her, and she replied with "what?" lol. I said it was her xmas present, and she asked "really?" and then when I said yes, she sent emoticons showing she liked it. Makes me think maybe she wasn't expecting too much when she actually asked for it.
She said she'd buy me drinks, and I (half) joked that I'd come to Melbourne. She said she was coming to Sydney on the weekend.
Wait, is this just because of the iPad? Nah, you wouldn't come all the way just to pick up an iPad.
Well then why didn't she fucking tell me that before??
Oh well, it was pretty good news to know I'd save $2000 now that I didn't have to go to Melbourne.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home