Shoyo: 5-2
Last night we played Ninjas. I gave A a lift there, think maybe it was the first time I drove? Anyway, we talked about NBA2k13 pretty much all the way there.
I wasn't sure how I felt about this game. I had really been enjoying my time off from basketball, and had stopped going to the gym, so I was unsure both as to mentally and physically on how I'd fare.
To my surprise I enjoyed it more than I thought, but I was rusty. My fitness felt like it had gone down a notch. Remember when Jordan came back wearing number 45, and he had the ball stolen from behind by Nick Anderson in the playoffs? Well, that happened to me. I got a steal and was jogging up, thinking about what I was going to do, then boof! The ball had been stolen from behind me. I think if I hadn't of been rusty, that wouldn't have happened.
It was a draw at halftime, but we ran away in the second half. I missed all my shots, although on one fastbreak I did run into a guy to try to draw a foul and barely missed the lay up.
I was silently annoyed at Bo, as it seemed that he either hogged it or turned it over whenever he tried to pass.
On the drive back, I told A about Nunjo telling me off, we talked about women and equality in the work place, and about work in general.
Yesterday I also messaged with Erica back and forth a bit, mainly to see what the hell was up since she said she'd be back by now. No mention of it by either one of us at first. I started (perhaps stupidly) the conversation by sending a pic of the box of the present I had for her, and asked her to guess. She asked if it was an iPad, and thereafter kept saying she wanted an iPad.
That kinda soured me a bit, for her to ask like that. Given the language translation and the nature of text messages, I'm prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt, but the sourness lasted all day today for me.
I'm not dumb enough to buy her a goddamn iPad, but I did check the price and it's only about $400. For some reason, as I was working today, I reasoned that it actually wasn't that much - if I was willing to pay $200 to see her for an hour, then $400 wasn't too far off if it meant seeing her for a night or something.
Scumbag logic.
I continued to reason with myself that at the beginning (when she had to leave Australia), it did seem genuine on her part, so I don't think she has gone to all this trouble just to keep me as a customer. On the other hand, we haven't even kissed, let alone gone out outside of the shop, so it'd be really stupid of me to buy something like an iPad.
My insecurities took over and I started looking for signs that she didn't like me.
She doesn't message you.
Ummm...actually, she does. If she didn't like you, she wouldn't respond to your messages (see: history of all girls who have not been interested in you).
She keeps messages short.
Ummm...actually, she doesn't. If you scroll through the chats, they're not exactly one word responses. Although they may be in Korean, they're pretty full sentences. Also gotta give her some leniency due to the language barrier.
These insecurities aren't peculiar to her working in her particular industry. If this was any other girl I'd be having the same insecurities. I wondered when I would end these insecurities...
Anyway, she said she's booked to leave on the 12th and will arrive on the 13th. We will see I guess...but if this doesn't happen I think I'm just going to move on, can't wait forever.
I wasn't sure how I felt about this game. I had really been enjoying my time off from basketball, and had stopped going to the gym, so I was unsure both as to mentally and physically on how I'd fare.
To my surprise I enjoyed it more than I thought, but I was rusty. My fitness felt like it had gone down a notch. Remember when Jordan came back wearing number 45, and he had the ball stolen from behind by Nick Anderson in the playoffs? Well, that happened to me. I got a steal and was jogging up, thinking about what I was going to do, then boof! The ball had been stolen from behind me. I think if I hadn't of been rusty, that wouldn't have happened.
It was a draw at halftime, but we ran away in the second half. I missed all my shots, although on one fastbreak I did run into a guy to try to draw a foul and barely missed the lay up.
I was silently annoyed at Bo, as it seemed that he either hogged it or turned it over whenever he tried to pass.
On the drive back, I told A about Nunjo telling me off, we talked about women and equality in the work place, and about work in general.
Yesterday I also messaged with Erica back and forth a bit, mainly to see what the hell was up since she said she'd be back by now. No mention of it by either one of us at first. I started (perhaps stupidly) the conversation by sending a pic of the box of the present I had for her, and asked her to guess. She asked if it was an iPad, and thereafter kept saying she wanted an iPad.
That kinda soured me a bit, for her to ask like that. Given the language translation and the nature of text messages, I'm prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt, but the sourness lasted all day today for me.
I'm not dumb enough to buy her a goddamn iPad, but I did check the price and it's only about $400. For some reason, as I was working today, I reasoned that it actually wasn't that much - if I was willing to pay $200 to see her for an hour, then $400 wasn't too far off if it meant seeing her for a night or something.
Scumbag logic.
I continued to reason with myself that at the beginning (when she had to leave Australia), it did seem genuine on her part, so I don't think she has gone to all this trouble just to keep me as a customer. On the other hand, we haven't even kissed, let alone gone out outside of the shop, so it'd be really stupid of me to buy something like an iPad.
My insecurities took over and I started looking for signs that she didn't like me.
She doesn't message you.
Ummm...actually, she does. If she didn't like you, she wouldn't respond to your messages (see: history of all girls who have not been interested in you).
She keeps messages short.
Ummm...actually, she doesn't. If you scroll through the chats, they're not exactly one word responses. Although they may be in Korean, they're pretty full sentences. Also gotta give her some leniency due to the language barrier.
These insecurities aren't peculiar to her working in her particular industry. If this was any other girl I'd be having the same insecurities. I wondered when I would end these insecurities...
Anyway, she said she's booked to leave on the 12th and will arrive on the 13th. We will see I guess...but if this doesn't happen I think I'm just going to move on, can't wait forever.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home