Name:
Location: Australia

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Best night of my life?

Yesterday I started the morning in court, meeting SM for a costs thing. Like Nom, the first thing she said when she saw me was something about my being completely bald. Hmmm.

The matter got stood down a couple of times and so we went to the cafeteria. She bought me my drink the first time, and then I shouted her the next time, although she said I was breaking rules by paying.

At about 10:00am I felt my phone vibrate, but I didn't answer. About an hour later, I missed another call. When I got the chance to check, it was Erica calling.

Huh? What does she want? Is she back already? Or is she in trouble? Why do I always think negative things?

I called back at 12:30pm when I was done at court and back in the office, but there was no answer. I worked the rest of the day wondering what was up and waiting for a call back, but assumed she may have been in transit or something.

At 5pm, I called again but no answer. I kept working as I had to do a minute on what happened during the day (costs of $55k). Half an hour later I couldn't hold it any longer and messaged her, asking if she called. At 7:14pm, she replied back, saying she had. I asked why and she said "drink". Apparently she had come back to Sydney in the morning.

I was walking through the city as I went to get a cover and protection cover for my iPad mini screen when I called her. I asked if she wanted to come out for dinner and she sorta seemed hesitant. I didn't think she'd say yes, and in fact she said something like no, but I played around and kept playfully asking. Finally she said yes and said she'd have to shower first and would finish in an hour.

Oh my god...is this really happening?

I hung up and started walking back to the office. I almost couldn't believe it. We were finally going to meet outside the shop.

I sat in the office playing around with my iPad mini, waiting for her to call. I couldn't wait any longer in there so went downstairs to the lobby and sat on the stairs playing on my phone. I waited until 9pm, and thought about calling it off, but then she texted asking where I wanted to meet. I said G-Star and then, funnily enough, my phone broke down.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF...

I started walking to G-Star, hoping she'd know where it was and that she knew I'd be there. I sat down midway through to fix my phone and finally got it working. I went to G-Star and looked around, checking my phone. She sent me a message about her phone not working, lol, as obviously she had tried to call me and thought the problem was with her phone.

Finally she called me and asked me where I was. I said near Hungry Jacks and that's when I saw her - I had forgotten what she looked like, but I recognised her immediately. She was a bit shorter than I thought, but I could now definitely recognise the face. We walked toward each other and when we met, she kinda kept walking towards the Chinatown end of the city while I asked her what she wanted to eat. I think she was a little nervous. She didn't want to eat Japanese, but said she was ok with steak and added that we could go with whatever I wanted. I said something about her hair being very red.

I led her in the opposite direction and joked she made me wait an hour and a half, and she laughed. We talked a bit, and at around the convenience store past Hungry Jack's, I held out my hand and she took it.

OH MY GOD YES!!!

I couldn't believe it. I was holding hands...with a girl...walking in the city. I finally felt like I was one of those couples you see everywhere in the city. I asked her if she came back today and she said yes, that she wanted to drink at 11am, and she ended up drinking with her room mate and went to sleep.

She asked me how old I was, and I said 30, and she asked me what my job was. When I said lawyer, she laughed, and kept asking me. Apparently "lawyer" sounds like some other word in Korean. She took out her phone, a big Samsung S3, and opened up a translation app, and that was how she learnt my occupation. She said it was good.

I decided to take her to Sydney Tower for dinner. When we were close enough, I pointed it to out to her. We went past some street dancers and stopped to watch a bit. She took a photo but it wasn't very good. We went into the shopping centre and she started getting amazed at all the shops, saying she just works and sleeps, so hasn't been here before.

When we got to the reception desk, I was told the restaurant was closed. Grrrr.

We walked off, and I began mentally scrambling for a Plan B. I decided to take her to Darling Harbour. We walked there still holding hands, and she laughed a lot like a crazy girl, which is what I like about her. Sometimes we would hold hands like we'd grab each other's palm, and sometimes our fingers would intertwine. I think I like the latter better.

On our way she pointed out this bar near Shuing's old bank, and I asked if she wanted to eat there so we went to check it out, but as we got closer she said it was just a bar, and there was no food, so we resumed our path towards Darling Harbour.

When she saw the water, she said it was beautiful. We walked across the bridge and she wanted to take a photo. I said I'd take one of her, but we ended up taking one of us together. I was kinda shocked, I guess in the back of my mind I always thought she didn't want us to be seen together and didn't want any evidence of such.

I was in heaven with that photo. It was soooo adorable as we both made faces, lol.

I took her to Hurricanes, where we waited for a few minutes for a table. When we got a table, it was a two seater outdoors but you couldn't feel the wind. I ordered a steak for both of us (one with mash, and one with chips as I wasn't sure what she'd like), she had a Corona and I had a Heineken. Amazingly, even despite the language barrier, conversation went extremely well and there were lots of laughs. I thought this went better than those online dates I used to go on. Some of the things we talked about were:

- she showed me a photo of her brother. He looked like he was in a costume, and she said he was an actor on tv. Wow, why would a celebrity's sibling need to be in a job like this?
- we talked about (joked?) me going to Korea next time. Then she said she wanted to go to Hong Kong for shopping, and I said we go together. She asked when, and I said June. She said ok, and we did a pinkie handshake to cement the promise.
- I asked her to show me how she played that app game to get such high scores, and she showed me. I was pretty amazed at how fast she could tap the screen with her fingers. She laughed at my low score and showed me how low I was ranked amongst her friends, lol. I showed her how my one stopped working.
- she asked why I didn't have a girlfriend in the past. I knew what she meant, but took it to mean why I didn't have a girlfriend now, so I said "you", after reading her translation on her phone. She asked about the past, I said I was busy with studying and working.
- she joked for me to work at her shop.
- she said she was going to stop working in November, and I gave her a high five. She said that was when her visa expires, and said something about marrying me. Geez, a bit too blunt? I asked her what she was going to do after that, and she said she didn't know. I gotta admit, I'd consider marrying her even if she just wanted to stay longer, but NOT if she was going to continue her line of work.
- I gave her the iPad in a bag, wrapped, and said Merry Christmas. I asked her to guess and said it was a box of chocolates. The waitress was standing there watching as she opened up the box, and said it was a really nice present. I thought she stood there a bit too long.
- I asked her to take NYE off work so we could watch fireworks, although not sure if she understood.
- She said she plays the pokies, and plays $70 each time.

She would sometimes feed me a piece of her steak, and I would make an expression like it was the best tasting thing I'd ever eaten, even though the last few pieces were cold. But I mean it, sometimes food can taste great purely due to the context of eating it.

As we neared the end of the meal, I found myself thinking too much, leading to a bit more silence and avoiding eye contact. I paid the bill, which was an alright $88, then we left. She stopped at the end of the bridge to have a cigarette. After she lit it up, I suggested we start walking. She said in Korea, girls have to smoke in secret, but men can be quite blatant with their own smoking. I wanted to show her the wharfs, but on our way there we saw a bunch of guys fighting, so we turned around and walked away.

We walked back through Darling Harbour and I showed her the Christmas tree, and we took some more photos together. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

I walked her back to her apartment and on the way, I heard her phone ring, it was like a message tone, several of them, and she said it was Kakaotalk. Also on the way, on Liverpool Street, there was a girl in front of us and she pointed to her. I said I liked Erica. She asked me whether I liked Aussie girl, and I leaned in and said I like Erica. She touched my head a few times in an affectionate way. We also saw a BMW and she said it was a nice car. I said the plates were "BABYGO" and gestured pushing a baby away and saying go, and she laughed. She also held onto my arm, and I could feel her hugging it close to her left breast.

She wanted to keep walking me to my bus stop, but then at the traffic light we said our goodbyes. I think there was an opportunity to kiss, and she was waiting for it, but I got scared and just waved goodbye. Idiot. She said to talk on Kakaotalk.

I waited for the bus and got home at 2am. After I got home, she had sent me a message saying she was grateful for the iPad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home