This is how it all ends...(Erica)
So last week I came up with a plan to try to get my money back. I'd tell Erica that my friend could lend her $50k if he could win the Hui, and the only way he could do that was with some help from her - $10k. I figured getting $10k back wouldn't be bad.
So I messaged her and in an instant she became interested. She said she'd work hard to pay it back.
Yeah right.
Obviously by now I had lost all interest and was just trying to get my money back. But as expected, things went to shit when she realised she had to put out money. I have come to the realisation that trying to get money out of women is harder than pulling teeth.
Anyway, we both got angry after I gave her a piece of my mind, saying how she expected the world to just give her money, and as usual, she broke up, but this time I told her to stop messaging me.
I went to sleep being angry, and woke up the next day with the first thought in my head being to demand that money back. How? I would tell her I was going to post her photos on the internet. In my half awake state, I looked up the law of blackmail on my phone. The key wording was "unwarranted demand".
Hey, this ain't unwarranted. It's MY money I'm trying to get back.
So at 5am, I shot off some messages on Kakaotalk. By late morning it had become obvious that she had blocked me, so I sent the messages on SMS. I said I realised she never loved me and that this was all a scam, and that I wanted my $25k back (I'm not even asking for all the expenses, the $2500 I first gave, and the rent of $1200) and that I had her photos. I told her she had seven days.
The next day I remembered one thing she was afraid of - immigration. So I sent off another message saying I'd dob her into immigration. Not just her, but Suri and Ash as well. I know, they are 'innocent', but if I'm going down, then everyone is going down with me.
I never got any replies, and told myself to just assume she received the messages. At that point in time, I was adamant that I'd go through with it. But as the week went past, I started getting soft, thinking about what a sad story she was, and how I should just chalk it all up to experience and let it go.
But then I think about all the times she has treated me poorly. Then I think about my loss of $26k. No. No, she can't just get away with this.
I knew I'd have time to do it today, and today was the last day anyway. I went to the courts early in the morning and did slides and ladder runs again. It was so fucking tiring. I think I still felt an inkling of the back pain that was caused by last week's slides. Sometimes I feel like I'm working twice as hard just to try to be as fit as I was when I was younger.
Finishing all that felt so good, like such an achievement. I also had time to think about my situation more calmly. I went home and drafted a letter to immigration. I then played GTA V, vacuumed, and washed the car. I then went to the gym. I came back and drafted a letter to the Korean Consular in Sydney.
I played GTA V again just so it could all sink into my subconscious where it seems to work best. Then I came back to my laptop and...
I sent both letters off.
So I messaged her and in an instant she became interested. She said she'd work hard to pay it back.
Yeah right.
Obviously by now I had lost all interest and was just trying to get my money back. But as expected, things went to shit when she realised she had to put out money. I have come to the realisation that trying to get money out of women is harder than pulling teeth.
Anyway, we both got angry after I gave her a piece of my mind, saying how she expected the world to just give her money, and as usual, she broke up, but this time I told her to stop messaging me.
I went to sleep being angry, and woke up the next day with the first thought in my head being to demand that money back. How? I would tell her I was going to post her photos on the internet. In my half awake state, I looked up the law of blackmail on my phone. The key wording was "unwarranted demand".
Hey, this ain't unwarranted. It's MY money I'm trying to get back.
So at 5am, I shot off some messages on Kakaotalk. By late morning it had become obvious that she had blocked me, so I sent the messages on SMS. I said I realised she never loved me and that this was all a scam, and that I wanted my $25k back (I'm not even asking for all the expenses, the $2500 I first gave, and the rent of $1200) and that I had her photos. I told her she had seven days.
The next day I remembered one thing she was afraid of - immigration. So I sent off another message saying I'd dob her into immigration. Not just her, but Suri and Ash as well. I know, they are 'innocent', but if I'm going down, then everyone is going down with me.
I never got any replies, and told myself to just assume she received the messages. At that point in time, I was adamant that I'd go through with it. But as the week went past, I started getting soft, thinking about what a sad story she was, and how I should just chalk it all up to experience and let it go.
But then I think about all the times she has treated me poorly. Then I think about my loss of $26k. No. No, she can't just get away with this.
I knew I'd have time to do it today, and today was the last day anyway. I went to the courts early in the morning and did slides and ladder runs again. It was so fucking tiring. I think I still felt an inkling of the back pain that was caused by last week's slides. Sometimes I feel like I'm working twice as hard just to try to be as fit as I was when I was younger.
Finishing all that felt so good, like such an achievement. I also had time to think about my situation more calmly. I went home and drafted a letter to immigration. I then played GTA V, vacuumed, and washed the car. I then went to the gym. I came back and drafted a letter to the Korean Consular in Sydney.
I played GTA V again just so it could all sink into my subconscious where it seems to work best. Then I came back to my laptop and...
I sent both letters off.

4 Comments:
i don't think it's worth going erika... or the money she scammed off you. you have a good job, you left more than 50k to gambling over the years anyway. just drop it and concentrate yourself on stopping going to hookers and get a real women next time that won't ask you for a large sum of money... make sure the next one has the citizenship... ;0
-josh
You're right Josh. At the time I was so far into it, I couldn't see things objectively anymore.
Sad to say, that was the beginning of a long downfall.
It's all good, it's part of who we are, or our illness. We are compulsive and obsessed at many level. I'm probably not the right person for advice since I've been obsessing over the same girl for over 10-years and she never was my girlfriend. We are looking for the near-impossible, small chance of winning big but we always go for it regardless if we come out empty handed most of the time. I bet you would prefer to bet on 22 than on the red or even the first 12s.
I think it's a positive that we recognise this. To think, some people who are like us aren't insightful enough to realise it.
I think recognising it is the first step to self improvement.
Post a Comment
<< Home