The rant to Nunjo
On Thursday I didn't end up going back to Newcastle. DS said to ask the pros up there to do it, and they agreed, so that was that. I guess I was disappointed I didn't get to go on another trip, but relieved I could just laze around the office.
I was preparing for the judgment the next day in the school teacher matter. At the end of the day, Nunjo came to my room. I asked how her meeting went with two people from the interview panel, as she wanted to get feedback.
She said they said she didn't sell herself enough, and that she was too under the radar. They said sometimes it was good to be on the radar. I told her that was fucked and how it was bullshit, and really let off a string of profanities. I think it shocked her but she didn't react, other than to let off a F-bomb herself.
It really upset me that this was how they assessed the fucking applicants. Apparently they have to 'pretend' they don't know you, so that you don't get an unfair advantage over externals. So let's look at the contradictions here:
1. They said you need to sell yourself in the interview, and boast a little, yet nowhere are either of those two things on the competencies to be assessed against;
2. They pretend they don't know you so that you are on level ground with externals, then how do you explain that 10/11 successful applicants were internal??
3. Although we are supposed to be assessed against our competencies, our ability to perform them cannot be demonstrated by years and years of experience in doing the same job. Wow, fuck nuts.
Although after work I had planned to go shopping a bit, I ended up just going to the gym.
I was preparing for the judgment the next day in the school teacher matter. At the end of the day, Nunjo came to my room. I asked how her meeting went with two people from the interview panel, as she wanted to get feedback.
She said they said she didn't sell herself enough, and that she was too under the radar. They said sometimes it was good to be on the radar. I told her that was fucked and how it was bullshit, and really let off a string of profanities. I think it shocked her but she didn't react, other than to let off a F-bomb herself.
It really upset me that this was how they assessed the fucking applicants. Apparently they have to 'pretend' they don't know you, so that you don't get an unfair advantage over externals. So let's look at the contradictions here:
1. They said you need to sell yourself in the interview, and boast a little, yet nowhere are either of those two things on the competencies to be assessed against;
2. They pretend they don't know you so that you are on level ground with externals, then how do you explain that 10/11 successful applicants were internal??
3. Although we are supposed to be assessed against our competencies, our ability to perform them cannot be demonstrated by years and years of experience in doing the same job. Wow, fuck nuts.
Although after work I had planned to go shopping a bit, I ended up just going to the gym.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home