Erica
On Friday I walked to work. I haven't seen that girl for a whole week. Admittedly, I have been late, and one day it rained. But it was kinda disappointing.
I was pretty productive in the office, then at 2pm I went to court for Melissa's matter to take judgment. Surprisingly, the guy turned up and the matter proceeded. According to leaked information (aka Alanna), this week would be the week that the promotions were announced, and because it hadn't happened so far, today was the day. It also accorded with my theory that it would be done on Fridays.
So I was rather eager to get back to my office, and thought I could as this judgment would only take about half an hour. But then the judge actually read out every single word on the SOF which took like 90 minutes. Not just that, because he was also reading the logs, it was funny to hear him say "I want to look at your boobs, hehe" and I was biting my lip trying not to laugh, lol.
Everything went ok, I was desperately trying to figure out the sentence as he read them out, and they made sense, but I did forget to say he needed to place an amount, but that was quickly fixed via the associate afterwards.
I went back to the office, expecting everyone to be excited because the calls were going around. But...nothing. Hmmm.
I didn't even try to work as it was already close to 4:30pm. Chris had sent an email to me, Nunjo, Panda and Alanna inviting us to drinks. I said I couldn't as I was meeting someone, and she asked "not even a quick one?" and I acquiesced. If this was a few years ago, I would've definitely said she was interested in me. But now a large part of me thinks that she's like Ele, just seeing me as "one of the girls" (which I don't want to be, hence one more reason to decline these events).
Anyway, I was talking to Melissa about the matter, and when I returned to my side of the floor, Mary told me they were looking for me and they had all gone. I left to find them, and went to the wrong hotel, lol, then found them across the road. For a moment, I thought Frank was sitting there with them and my heart sank a bit, because I didn't like the guy, but then realised it was Panda, not Frank.
I got a lemonade as they shared a bottle of wine, and Chris was telling us about her "near abduction". She said she and her friend were clubbing and dancing with these guys, who were filling them up with alcohol. They asked to be driven home, and were instead driven to a lake, where they were separated, and apparently the guy made a move on Chris, and she asked to be taken back to the hotel, but instead he took her to his house, where he pushed her against the wall and tried to kiss her, and she punched him in the stomach. She kept saying everything was still alright, and I just thought "I give girls way too much credit, they obviously aren't very bright".
They also mentioned that Powell would be returning to Sydney after his relationship with his girl (wow, seriously surprised) in Perth didn't work out. Then one of them mentioned that he had crashed at Nunjo's place, and she claimed nothing happened and he didn't make a move. That really was fucking enough for me. Losing out to a guy with a few strands of hair and absolutely no social aptitude was disgusting. Even more disgusting was her willing to go along with it.
Fuck it. Seriously, if you ever even think one more time about prospects with her, you are no man.
It was 5:30pm so I said "and on that note, I'm out" and left. I went across the road and went to the shopping centre to meet Erica. I checked my phone and she had sent me a message on the app saying she'd be 15 minutes late, so I sat down and started checking NBA scores.
Not long after, and before I even had a chance to digest what had happened in the NBA, she approached me and said she recognised me. I stood up to greet her. She resembled her photo, but I think obviously she looked a bit better in the photo. I was startled, and for a few moments didn't know how to react. One comment she made was "you have glasses". A lot of people have said that about me now whenever they've seen me with glasses. Hmmm.
We set off in search of a restaurant, and I took her to that laneway with the random Japanese restaurant. We had passed Mamak and I said I had never been, and she suggested we try it even though she has been before. I was like ok, since there wasn't a line, but we still had to wait.
As we waited outside, we talked, and I tried to keep conversation going, remembering she didn't like silence. From that conversation, I learnt:
- she was born in HK, came here when 13
- she has been at her job for about 6 months now, and was previously somewhere else for about two years
- she is in accounting, doing tax returns
- she is the only child
- she brings lunch to work
- she moved around a bit during her high school years
One thing I took note of was her asking me how old the women were in my office. She probably thinks I've got lots of opportunities there. Ah, how wrong.
Anyway, we got a table later and sat down to check out the menu. We had a main each and shared a roti as dessert. I thought the whole thing went ok, but as experience has taught me, you never know. I mean, I did get a few laughs out of her, but I thought largely she was probably just acting civil.
I noticed her slicing up the rota into neat little pieces and wondered if she was a perfectionist. Also found out she was Christian and goes to church every Sunday, but thing was, it's not like she was introduced to it by her parents - she was introduced to it by her friend. I always have reservation for those who find God through friends.
I paid for the dinner, which thankfully was only $40ish and we left. I asked if she wanted to go home, and she suggested we go for a walk around Darling Harbour. So we did, we took a walk along the bridge to the other side. As we did that, I saw the casino and thought about how familiar this path was to me. I also made a conscious decision not to mention anything about the casino.
I asked her if she believed in ghosts and she said no, and I recounted the story of me being trapped in a lift once in Nom's old job where it took me to P4 even though there was no P4.
I ended up walking her to Central station where we parted. I noticed her face was a bit red. I wondered if she thought I was going to make a move.
I went back to the office to change, and then when I got home I texted her to make sure she got home alright. She replied thanking me for the dinner and I said no problems and that was it.
I was pretty productive in the office, then at 2pm I went to court for Melissa's matter to take judgment. Surprisingly, the guy turned up and the matter proceeded. According to leaked information (aka Alanna), this week would be the week that the promotions were announced, and because it hadn't happened so far, today was the day. It also accorded with my theory that it would be done on Fridays.
So I was rather eager to get back to my office, and thought I could as this judgment would only take about half an hour. But then the judge actually read out every single word on the SOF which took like 90 minutes. Not just that, because he was also reading the logs, it was funny to hear him say "I want to look at your boobs, hehe" and I was biting my lip trying not to laugh, lol.
Everything went ok, I was desperately trying to figure out the sentence as he read them out, and they made sense, but I did forget to say he needed to place an amount, but that was quickly fixed via the associate afterwards.
I went back to the office, expecting everyone to be excited because the calls were going around. But...nothing. Hmmm.
I didn't even try to work as it was already close to 4:30pm. Chris had sent an email to me, Nunjo, Panda and Alanna inviting us to drinks. I said I couldn't as I was meeting someone, and she asked "not even a quick one?" and I acquiesced. If this was a few years ago, I would've definitely said she was interested in me. But now a large part of me thinks that she's like Ele, just seeing me as "one of the girls" (which I don't want to be, hence one more reason to decline these events).
Anyway, I was talking to Melissa about the matter, and when I returned to my side of the floor, Mary told me they were looking for me and they had all gone. I left to find them, and went to the wrong hotel, lol, then found them across the road. For a moment, I thought Frank was sitting there with them and my heart sank a bit, because I didn't like the guy, but then realised it was Panda, not Frank.
I got a lemonade as they shared a bottle of wine, and Chris was telling us about her "near abduction". She said she and her friend were clubbing and dancing with these guys, who were filling them up with alcohol. They asked to be driven home, and were instead driven to a lake, where they were separated, and apparently the guy made a move on Chris, and she asked to be taken back to the hotel, but instead he took her to his house, where he pushed her against the wall and tried to kiss her, and she punched him in the stomach. She kept saying everything was still alright, and I just thought "I give girls way too much credit, they obviously aren't very bright".
They also mentioned that Powell would be returning to Sydney after his relationship with his girl (wow, seriously surprised) in Perth didn't work out. Then one of them mentioned that he had crashed at Nunjo's place, and she claimed nothing happened and he didn't make a move. That really was fucking enough for me. Losing out to a guy with a few strands of hair and absolutely no social aptitude was disgusting. Even more disgusting was her willing to go along with it.
Fuck it. Seriously, if you ever even think one more time about prospects with her, you are no man.
It was 5:30pm so I said "and on that note, I'm out" and left. I went across the road and went to the shopping centre to meet Erica. I checked my phone and she had sent me a message on the app saying she'd be 15 minutes late, so I sat down and started checking NBA scores.
Not long after, and before I even had a chance to digest what had happened in the NBA, she approached me and said she recognised me. I stood up to greet her. She resembled her photo, but I think obviously she looked a bit better in the photo. I was startled, and for a few moments didn't know how to react. One comment she made was "you have glasses". A lot of people have said that about me now whenever they've seen me with glasses. Hmmm.
We set off in search of a restaurant, and I took her to that laneway with the random Japanese restaurant. We had passed Mamak and I said I had never been, and she suggested we try it even though she has been before. I was like ok, since there wasn't a line, but we still had to wait.
As we waited outside, we talked, and I tried to keep conversation going, remembering she didn't like silence. From that conversation, I learnt:
- she was born in HK, came here when 13
- she has been at her job for about 6 months now, and was previously somewhere else for about two years
- she is in accounting, doing tax returns
- she is the only child
- she brings lunch to work
- she moved around a bit during her high school years
One thing I took note of was her asking me how old the women were in my office. She probably thinks I've got lots of opportunities there. Ah, how wrong.
Anyway, we got a table later and sat down to check out the menu. We had a main each and shared a roti as dessert. I thought the whole thing went ok, but as experience has taught me, you never know. I mean, I did get a few laughs out of her, but I thought largely she was probably just acting civil.
I noticed her slicing up the rota into neat little pieces and wondered if she was a perfectionist. Also found out she was Christian and goes to church every Sunday, but thing was, it's not like she was introduced to it by her parents - she was introduced to it by her friend. I always have reservation for those who find God through friends.
I paid for the dinner, which thankfully was only $40ish and we left. I asked if she wanted to go home, and she suggested we go for a walk around Darling Harbour. So we did, we took a walk along the bridge to the other side. As we did that, I saw the casino and thought about how familiar this path was to me. I also made a conscious decision not to mention anything about the casino.
I asked her if she believed in ghosts and she said no, and I recounted the story of me being trapped in a lift once in Nom's old job where it took me to P4 even though there was no P4.
I ended up walking her to Central station where we parted. I noticed her face was a bit red. I wondered if she thought I was going to make a move.
I went back to the office to change, and then when I got home I texted her to make sure she got home alright. She replied thanking me for the dinner and I said no problems and that was it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home