Name:
Location: Australia

Sunday, June 03, 2012

Win $190

Yesterday my plan was to get a jog in the morning, but it was raining. I ended up driving into the office to get some work done. I saw Ogre in there as well.

I got to the office at about 11am, then went to get my pants altered. The lady was like "this won't be ready until Monday 4pm", as if that was a lengthy delay. I thought it was pretty quick and smiled and said that was ok. I was imagining already wearing the new charcoal Uber suit on Tuesday...mmmmmmmmm.

Anyway, managed to catch up on some work as well as reading up on that urgent matter allocated to me. I actually had thoughts of completing it, but the cops won't get me everything for a few weeks anyway.

Ogre left before me, and I left at 3pm. I drove back home and then stayed at home the rest of the day.

Today, I woke up at 6:40am and wanted to go to the casino, but my dad said he needed the car at 8am, so that was the end of that. I went back to sleep and woke up at 9am, then left home with my credit card. I caught the bus out to the city, withdrew $800 and went to the casino.

It was a strange feeling. My 'undesire' to lose my own money made me not want to go, yet I somehow felt 'obligated'. It was very strange indeed. I told myself I just wanted to win $100 to help with paying for the laptop.

When I got there, I noticed they had removed some of the new roulette tables and replaced them with automated computer ones. So much for James Packer's "casinos create jobs" argument.

There were four $5 tables open. Two were fully packed, the other two not fully packed but still occupied. I decided to be patient and wait for a spot to open. One did - I waited for an old lady to finish placing a bet before I took her spot and sat down. I realised I had sat down next to a Korean girl. She spoke with a heavy Korean accent.

Hmmm...Korean girl at casino at 11am...can you say WL?

She didn't seem to know the casino rules very well either, or the 'proper way' of playing roulette. Anyway, I played and won $130 after the first few spins. I sat out a few spins, there was a change of dealer, and I went back down to $100. I decided to go on and ended up winning $190 and decided that was enough. I did consider trying to win another $10 just to make it to $200, but experience has taught me how that can backfire very very badly.

I felt glad as I cashed in, and took a walk around the casino, checking out the food. The Korean girl seems to have lost all her money and left. She did try to cash out, but only wanted to partially do it, but you have to do it all at once so she kept playing and lost.

I left and then went on a search to buy a belt. It has been long time waiting, but I kept putting it off. I ended up at Market City where I bought one for $30, then I went to Woolies to get something to eat, then to Coles where I bought some cookie dough, Pringles and chocolate milk, then went to Paddy's to get some apples and avocados for the week.

I took a nap earlier, and now my legs feel like they've just done a marathon. Strange. I went jogging last week, and already they have reverted to non-athletic status after walking around the city?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home