A new league...
I was looking at the website for the Chinese comp, just browsing through some of the photos of the All-Star game for the division I'll be playing in (the lowest division). One or two names were familiar, but apart from that, there wasn't a face I could recognise.
It's a bit hard to believe that being gone for a few years, the league has transformed so much. Part of me wonders if I'll be able to compete, given my age now and my knee. I'll always remember that little snippet they did when Jordan came back with the Wizards, showing new players he had never played against who wanted to take his crown, like Vince Carter. It really made you question whether he could compete against them.
Looking at the photos, I tell myself that I could do better than that, but that was the same mistake I made when I first entered the league. Am I a little wiser? Maybe. But I am also definitely slower.
The days pass and the start of the next season edges closer...
It's a bit hard to believe that being gone for a few years, the league has transformed so much. Part of me wonders if I'll be able to compete, given my age now and my knee. I'll always remember that little snippet they did when Jordan came back with the Wizards, showing new players he had never played against who wanted to take his crown, like Vince Carter. It really made you question whether he could compete against them.
Looking at the photos, I tell myself that I could do better than that, but that was the same mistake I made when I first entered the league. Am I a little wiser? Maybe. But I am also definitely slower.
The days pass and the start of the next season edges closer...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home