Loan approved
On Thursday I was feeling a bit better and managed a full day at work, although towards the end of it I was feeling the headache again and promptly left at 5pm. I skipped bball because One didn't want me spreading the germs, which is fair enough.
I went to sleep fairly early, like at 8pm, woke up at 11pm to my dad's sleep talking in the lounge. He was calling out for me to wake him up. I walked to use the bathroom, feeling guilty - was this some sign that I shouldn't go ahead with the Erica thing?
I went back to sleep, only to wake up hours later with a huge mother fucking migraine. I knew work the next day was out of the question. So on Friday morning I went to the doctor, and he said I have "lower respiratory tract infection" - I later googled this and it says it is a synonym for "pneumonia"...wtf?!
He also had a chat to me about my work as usual, and again suggested the whole racial profiling thing as the reason for not promoting me. I told him I considered going to the bar and we talked about the medical equivalent of that.
After I went home I called Mob to say I wasn't coming into work and she was ok with it, adding that Paul had also called in sick.
I spent the morning playing Last of Us online with Malay, until I got a call from the bank.
My loan application for $40,000 had been approved.
To be honest, I wasn't too surprised that I got it. Given the profits the banks make, I knew they'd jump at the chance to loan someone like me some money. But I was surprised at how real this had become. I told myself that despite this, the decision still had not yet been made.
Yesterday I went to the gym, even though I still wasn't feeling 100%. It was probably a bit too early, as at times I felt like fainting, and the whole time I was short of breath. Despite this, I told myself I'd be playing the next day.
So fast forward to today, and I'm watching my team play, as Bert brought his friend along and wore my jersey. We won against Richard's team, so didn't need me anyway.
I went to sleep fairly early, like at 8pm, woke up at 11pm to my dad's sleep talking in the lounge. He was calling out for me to wake him up. I walked to use the bathroom, feeling guilty - was this some sign that I shouldn't go ahead with the Erica thing?
I went back to sleep, only to wake up hours later with a huge mother fucking migraine. I knew work the next day was out of the question. So on Friday morning I went to the doctor, and he said I have "lower respiratory tract infection" - I later googled this and it says it is a synonym for "pneumonia"...wtf?!
He also had a chat to me about my work as usual, and again suggested the whole racial profiling thing as the reason for not promoting me. I told him I considered going to the bar and we talked about the medical equivalent of that.
After I went home I called Mob to say I wasn't coming into work and she was ok with it, adding that Paul had also called in sick.
I spent the morning playing Last of Us online with Malay, until I got a call from the bank.
My loan application for $40,000 had been approved.
To be honest, I wasn't too surprised that I got it. Given the profits the banks make, I knew they'd jump at the chance to loan someone like me some money. But I was surprised at how real this had become. I told myself that despite this, the decision still had not yet been made.
Yesterday I went to the gym, even though I still wasn't feeling 100%. It was probably a bit too early, as at times I felt like fainting, and the whole time I was short of breath. Despite this, I told myself I'd be playing the next day.
So fast forward to today, and I'm watching my team play, as Bert brought his friend along and wore my jersey. We won against Richard's team, so didn't need me anyway.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home