Final gamble for 2011 / Limitless
In the morning I had this idea of renting a PS3 for Ele's NYE party tomorrow, so I was googling around for a place but it didn't seem available. I went to the Video Ezy in the Wick and they didn't have gaming consoles for hire, so I checked EB to consider whether it was worth buying (it wasn't). I bought a fruit salad with museli yoghurt for $7, which was a bit dear, but as I sat there and ate it, I figured you could never put a price on your health (I came to the conclusion that lack of fruit may have been a contributing factor towards my constipation).
I then caught a bus to the shopping centre near me, checked out the gaming consoles there, and came sorta close to buying a PS3 package from JB, but in the end still figured it was over priced. Not only that, I doubt I'd even have much time to play it once I went back to work, so that $400 or so could sure be used in some shares I reckon.
After browsing the shops, I went to pick up my pants from the alteration shop. I caught the bus back home, picked up my suit and caught the bus out to the office. I texted Ele to ask whether she had that DJ's discount card so I could get ready for some shopping, and she said she had it. When I got to the office I tried on my suit, and although it looks good, I think it might be a bit too big, and maybe not as slim as I would've liked. Maybe I'm just getting too used to the whole slim thing.
Ele texted me saying she left the card at home. I felt a little disappointed. Yesterday when we parted she seemed so genuine about getting that card for me, so how could she forget? Maybe everything was just a lie...
That led me to my next decision. Now that I wouldn't be going shopping, I had some free time on my hands. I could either go whoring or gambling. I couldn't really go whoring because I needed to find out my blood test results first, so that'd have to wait. So I decided to gamble. I didn't have a negative feeling this time. I felt confident. I had a target in mind: I'd be happy to win $300 and leave, thus reducing my last loss to $500. I can live with that.
As I walked up the main street, I was still second guessing myself: was I really going to gamble? It was almost like an automatic process to walk to that same Citibank ATM. I withdrew $800 and away I went. I went into the casino and walked around a bit before finding a suitable table (a table with at least one player, not too many players to prevent sitting room, a good spot around the middle, and a friendly looking dealer).
There was an Asian guy to my right betting pretty much my sector. To his right was an old lady who he was helping with placing the chips on the table as she couldn't reach. I bought $400 worth of chips and bet red and middle column on the first spin and lost. As bad as that may have seemed, I still felt confident.
I bet my sector later on and won on 22, which netted me 69 chips. Damn, 22 sure has been a lucky number for me lately. I didn't bet the next few spins which landed in my sector, and two more 22's came up. Hmmm.
What was more important was me missing the losing sectors. The guy next to me was losing on those. Very painful. I won inklings betting colour/columns and dozens/half at times, and then won another sector. I was about $250 up and just inched my way towards $300. The time was 3:40pm. I could keep playing and hope to win (or lose) or leave now and try to make it to the bank to deposit my winnings and pay back my credit card before they closed. I sat there for another spin to think. Then I cashed in.
The dealer, who had a friendlier face than I initially thought (or maybe it just looks friendlier because I won) gave me a look as he exchanged cash chips for me, as if thinking I was smart to leave while up. Although I felt like I could've continued my winning ways, I kept telling myself that making $300 from an initial $400 outlay was pretty damn good. That's like a 75% profit - I'd take that margin in the share market any day.
I exchanged my cash chips for cash at the cashier and left quickly. My dad had called earlier to ask about the car. I told him I picked it up and parked it in the garage and the dude said nothing was wrong with it. I told him the coolant leaked when I filled it up and he said sometimes it will leak if I over flow it. Oh well. He actually seems a lot nicer than I thought.
Anyway, I speed walked to the bank, making it there by 3:55pm, although judging by everything going on in there, it didn't seem like closing time. When I got to the teller, I asked her if they were closing at 4pm and she said 5pm. I was like "oh and I ran here" and she said everyone thinks they close at 4pm but they actually close at 5pm every Friday, so it's always quiet for the last hour.
I made the deposit, jumped onto a computer and made the payment into my credit card. I went back to the office to use the bathroom and on my way out I saw Heath and Avisa downstairs talking. Heath was in his suit. Apparently he was working this week.
I bought some snacks from a Korean grocery store before going home. At home, I watched Limitless. What a cool movie. I didn't have much expectation. I was actually going to watch Pirahnas, but came across Limitless first so thought I'd check it out. I actually think I may have even confused it with the Lincoln Lawyer.
Anyway, it was a cool movie. It inspired me to work harder and smarter once I get back to work. However, I was a little disappointed when after the movie I googled it and read on Wikipedia that what they said in the movie about only 20% of our brain being used was false - we actually use most of it all the time. Damn.
Re the gambling, I've always, always wanted to end things on a winning note. Perhaps this will be it for me?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home