She found out I was her secret santa
I walked as usual to the office, got there just before 8am, got changed and had toast. Surprisingly Mary and Clare were already in. Mary gave me my probationary form to look over and sign. There were so many positive remarks made by her, I felt kinda embarassed, almost as if she lied for me...almost. I was reading and reading and kept waiting for a negative comment in there somewhere, but nothing came.
I was going to just sign it and return it, but then figured that might offend her, so I wrote that I was grateful for the guidance and opportunities she had given me.
I then left for Parra. By now Nunjo had gotten into the office. As I was about to walk out, Mary said I should take the santa bag, and Nunjo and Clare both agreed. I was about to, but then realised the folder I was taking may have damaged the bag, so decided not to.
I caught the train out and prepared some things to say in case I needed to add to my written subs. I met Joy and we sat in court talking while some other matters were being done. There is this LA lawyer called Carolina who is sooooo sexy. Damn I wished she'd come work for our office.
Anyway, we mentioned our matter, handed up the papers and got stood down to 2pm. So now I had nothing to do. I went to another court to watch until 11:30am, then went to a conference room to look over the matter. At noon I left and went to the shopping centre for lunch. I had Macca's, which was finally at a price I thought was reasonable - $5.95 for a medium Big Mac meal. But this was only available during lunch time.
I went back and sat outside the court building for about half an hour. I thought about things.
I went back in and then we got on at 2pm. We got the sentence done ok. I thought the mag had made an error and questioned it, and she referred me to the right provision - yikes, hehe. I felt so embarassed, I felt like busting my head against a wall.
I caught the train back and basically slept the whole way back because I was so tired.
When I got back to the office, Nunjo was standing at Clare's door talking to her. I walked past and wanted to pass Mary's room as well but she caught me and asked me how I went. I told her, which semi-started a group conversation between all of us, but it was kinda hard cause I couldn't hear what Clare was asking me. Eventually it turned into a conversation with Mary only and then I returned to my room.
I was feeling restless so started going around to everyone's room talking. I went to Clare first and talked about the new LO2's that were recruited (Heath finally got it) and Judith's retirement in March next year.
Later I decided to go to Nunjo's room even though I couldn't think of anything to talk about. All I started with was asking her whether she had tried one of the chocolates from the box that we originally got for Sarah for yesterday's lunch as I ate one from my hand. She said she had one, smiling. Then she thanked me for the christmas present. I said it wasn't me, and she said it was. I said it wasn't me and asked what made her think it was me. She said through her powers of deduction, and that the Korean language gave it away because I usually get Asian candies. I gave up and asked if she liked it and she said yes. I asked if she had tried it and she said no but it smelled nice. She really seemed like she liked it.
I was about to tell her that I had originally gotten another gift which hadn't arrived yet but Caroline walked in, which led to a semi-awkward conversation with Ogre making inappropriate remarks. So that was the end of that. I decided to figure out who my secret santa was, so I went to ask Clare. I had accused Nunjo earlier, but she insisted it wasn't her. Clare couldn't help much except say that Mary was her secret santa.
I went to accuse Moira and she seemed pretty genuine in saying it wasn't her. She said she wouldn't know what to get boys. I believed her. I actually drew up a diagram to match the links I already had. I guessed that Ogre had gotten Moira's present because Ogre seemed to understand her well and the present suited her very well, so I went to Ogre's room and told her I knew she was Moira's secret santa as someone had tipped me off. She conceded, hehe.
So, that meant either Moira or Nunjo were my secret santa. My bet was Nunjo. How appropriate that we both get eachother?
I kinda wanted to hang around until everyone left to go accuse Nunjo. Everyone had left except Mary. I hung around on the internet computer and heard someone packing up. I thought it was Nunjo so I got up, but it was Mary. I ended up walking with her up the main street talking. I then went to check out some stores, nothing in particular really, but I was keeping an eye out for a nice suit. Nothing really seemed cheap for christmas.
I went back to the office to change and then went to the gym. I thought about asking Nunjo to lunch tomorrow. It will be her last day of work for the year. I wonder if she has anything planned. What if she says no? What if she has plans?
Also, G let me know that the present has arrived. I will go collect it later tonight, but now will have to think of a way to give it to her.
I was going to just sign it and return it, but then figured that might offend her, so I wrote that I was grateful for the guidance and opportunities she had given me.
I then left for Parra. By now Nunjo had gotten into the office. As I was about to walk out, Mary said I should take the santa bag, and Nunjo and Clare both agreed. I was about to, but then realised the folder I was taking may have damaged the bag, so decided not to.
I caught the train out and prepared some things to say in case I needed to add to my written subs. I met Joy and we sat in court talking while some other matters were being done. There is this LA lawyer called Carolina who is sooooo sexy. Damn I wished she'd come work for our office.
Anyway, we mentioned our matter, handed up the papers and got stood down to 2pm. So now I had nothing to do. I went to another court to watch until 11:30am, then went to a conference room to look over the matter. At noon I left and went to the shopping centre for lunch. I had Macca's, which was finally at a price I thought was reasonable - $5.95 for a medium Big Mac meal. But this was only available during lunch time.
I went back and sat outside the court building for about half an hour. I thought about things.
I went back in and then we got on at 2pm. We got the sentence done ok. I thought the mag had made an error and questioned it, and she referred me to the right provision - yikes, hehe. I felt so embarassed, I felt like busting my head against a wall.
I caught the train back and basically slept the whole way back because I was so tired.
When I got back to the office, Nunjo was standing at Clare's door talking to her. I walked past and wanted to pass Mary's room as well but she caught me and asked me how I went. I told her, which semi-started a group conversation between all of us, but it was kinda hard cause I couldn't hear what Clare was asking me. Eventually it turned into a conversation with Mary only and then I returned to my room.
I was feeling restless so started going around to everyone's room talking. I went to Clare first and talked about the new LO2's that were recruited (Heath finally got it) and Judith's retirement in March next year.
Later I decided to go to Nunjo's room even though I couldn't think of anything to talk about. All I started with was asking her whether she had tried one of the chocolates from the box that we originally got for Sarah for yesterday's lunch as I ate one from my hand. She said she had one, smiling. Then she thanked me for the christmas present. I said it wasn't me, and she said it was. I said it wasn't me and asked what made her think it was me. She said through her powers of deduction, and that the Korean language gave it away because I usually get Asian candies. I gave up and asked if she liked it and she said yes. I asked if she had tried it and she said no but it smelled nice. She really seemed like she liked it.
I was about to tell her that I had originally gotten another gift which hadn't arrived yet but Caroline walked in, which led to a semi-awkward conversation with Ogre making inappropriate remarks. So that was the end of that. I decided to figure out who my secret santa was, so I went to ask Clare. I had accused Nunjo earlier, but she insisted it wasn't her. Clare couldn't help much except say that Mary was her secret santa.
I went to accuse Moira and she seemed pretty genuine in saying it wasn't her. She said she wouldn't know what to get boys. I believed her. I actually drew up a diagram to match the links I already had. I guessed that Ogre had gotten Moira's present because Ogre seemed to understand her well and the present suited her very well, so I went to Ogre's room and told her I knew she was Moira's secret santa as someone had tipped me off. She conceded, hehe.
So, that meant either Moira or Nunjo were my secret santa. My bet was Nunjo. How appropriate that we both get eachother?
I kinda wanted to hang around until everyone left to go accuse Nunjo. Everyone had left except Mary. I hung around on the internet computer and heard someone packing up. I thought it was Nunjo so I got up, but it was Mary. I ended up walking with her up the main street talking. I then went to check out some stores, nothing in particular really, but I was keeping an eye out for a nice suit. Nothing really seemed cheap for christmas.
I went back to the office to change and then went to the gym. I thought about asking Nunjo to lunch tomorrow. It will be her last day of work for the year. I wonder if she has anything planned. What if she says no? What if she has plans?
Also, G let me know that the present has arrived. I will go collect it later tonight, but now will have to think of a way to give it to her.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home