Name:
Location: Australia

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Old legs?

I think ever since the 7th of December, when we played our last Shohoku game, the back of my ankles has felt really tired, and that was why I skipped training that Saturday. It has recovered a bit since Sunday's last Kainan game, but yesterday I went to the usual Saturday practice and now they're pretty sore again.

Bo was supposed to come. He texted me on Friday asking me when I wanted to meet, so that showed a bit of dedication. Then I called him when I got to the train station on Saturday morning and there was no pick up. I called again, and there was no answer. I knew it. He was hungover from the previous night. So I got on the train by myself and walked to the courts from the station. As I neared the courts, Carter stopped by and asked if I needed a lift. I politely declined since I was a few steps away from it anyway.

I have been thinking about this guy recently. Ummm...not in a gay way. But I remember when he played on Enjoy, and I was young and fit, with my alpha mentality. Even though he was good, I sorta looked down on him. Now here we are, a few years on, I've got a knee surgery under my belt and am walking like an old man, he's one of the most well known players and he's kind enough to play for my team and offer me a lift. Talk about being humbled.

Anyway, only Gus and Jim showed up from 'my group', but that was good enough. I didn't even get to warm up before the first game, so was just content running up and down. We didn't do too bad, although one time I was supposed to catch an inbound pass after the other team scored. Maybe the guy threw it at my head, or maybe I took my eyes off the ball for a split second, thinking way ahead of myself, but the ball hit my head, and for some reason I just couldn't recover the ball before it went out of bounds. The guy gave me an exasperated look. I thought it was funny.

After that I started finding my shot, despite having had a total of seven days lay off after our last game. I thought my first one was a fluke, but I kept hitting them. We extended for an hour, although Gus left at noon. I still had some energy left when everyone walked off afterwards. Alex was kinda shooting around on one end of the court, and I walked over to try to touch the backboard. I did - twice. I told him I used to be able to touch the ring, and he couldn't believe it. He had a go and couldn't touch the backboard.

It is still my intentions, at this stage, to touch the ring sooner or later. I am really looking forward to the christmas break when I can work on myself and my game.

Afterwards, Jim and I went to Flemington to eat. We talked about other stuff outside of basketball, like money and girls. He told me about the camp he went to, and how this young girl approached him. He reckons she was about 22. Then her friend came along and asked how old he was, and when he said 30, she said "that's old", which he felt ruined any chances he had. He seemed pretty upset. It made me think, we really are heading over to the other side of life. I told him he should've just said "at least I have more money than you".

I caught the train back out to the city and had to look for a present for Nunjo for the secret santa on Monday, because the thing G ordered for me still hasn't arrived. I came close to buying that other figurine, which allows you to change hair and arms and weapons, and I thought I could pitch it as being made after she bravely fought for Christine's money. But having a closer look at it, I realised it wouldn't be possible to paint glasses on. Besides, I still intended to give the key ring to her, even if it does arrive late, and I figured giving her two items which are supposed to look like her will be a little creepy.

So I ended up buying some sort of body soap from the same store. It had a nice package, and it was berry berry, which sounded nice. It seemed like a nice, neutral gift, perfect for the lead up to the key ring.

Today, I drove to the office in the morning to exchange my clothes and return my grey suit home. I went back home and had breakfast before catching the bus back to the office to get some work done. I finished reading a brief, then went out to get some lunch and have the body soap wrapped. Instead of wrapping, I found a nice presentation bag from the newsagency which was perfect, so I bought that. I ended up getting KFC for lunch, even though I wasn't 100% feeling it, and felt quite disgusted when I started eating the chicken.

I worked on some subs for Tuesday and got a lot of it done before leaving at 3pm. I finished off the present preparation and placed it in Mary's santa bag before leaving. I went home in just my gym gear, ready to jog to work tomorrow. I really hope my legs will recover by then.

Thursday
After work I met up with Mike, Bo and Nick for Mike's birthday, which was on Wednesday. We went to watch a film about snowboarding, funded by Red Bull (which Nick works for). There's always fun when Mike and Bo get together. For instance, just outside the cinema room, there were two absolutely hot chicks from Red Bull handing out free SIMs (I took one). Later on, Mike asked Nick "do they work for Red Bull?" and Nick said yes, then Mike was like "damn..." haha.

The film was ok, maybe it was a bit loud, and sometimes it was boring, but if I was a snowboarding fan, then I would've loved it.

After that we went to dinner in Chinksford. We had Indonesian food at the suggestion of Bo. We had a generally good time, and it was a lot different to the later stages of the Shuing era where he'd always be negative with everything. So this group was refreshing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home