I called her...
So it was supposed to be the first day of my trial today, but it was adjourned to tomorrow. Then later in the day, defence told us they wanted to vacate the whole thing, so now it's not going to go ahead.
So because of that, and because I saw Clare was getting frantic about my matter on Wednesday, I told her upfront and offered to take it back. She couldn't do it fast enough, lol. Oh well.
So I had to go to the conference for that matter, met GF, was probably the worst conference of my life, cause I had just picked it up again and didn't know crap about it, and just kept saying I don't know. Grrr.
I stayed back late to finish a minute, and then started re-reading the transcripts in that matter to get back on top of it. I decided to call it quits at 7pm. I was about to shut down my computer, before I made the non-sensical decision to call Naby on the office phone. I dialed a few numbers first to hide my number. It rang. She picked up. She said "yebeoso?" a lot of times. She sounded a bit frustrated.
I was trying to hear any background noises, thinking she must be in the shop. But nothing. It was all quiet. So there goes my paranoia that she's always out partying, shopping, hanging out with guys.
I went to the gym after, couldn't stop thinking about her. I was beginning to think maybe I should go see her again. She sounded lonely. I thought about sending her one message later in the week and seeing what happens.
But as I listened to my music on the way back home, my mind started to change. And then I walked past the old BP station, where they will be building new apartments. One of my dreams now is to buy one of those apartments when they have finished building, so it made me re-focus on my goals.
So because of that, and because I saw Clare was getting frantic about my matter on Wednesday, I told her upfront and offered to take it back. She couldn't do it fast enough, lol. Oh well.
So I had to go to the conference for that matter, met GF, was probably the worst conference of my life, cause I had just picked it up again and didn't know crap about it, and just kept saying I don't know. Grrr.
I stayed back late to finish a minute, and then started re-reading the transcripts in that matter to get back on top of it. I decided to call it quits at 7pm. I was about to shut down my computer, before I made the non-sensical decision to call Naby on the office phone. I dialed a few numbers first to hide my number. It rang. She picked up. She said "yebeoso?" a lot of times. She sounded a bit frustrated.
I was trying to hear any background noises, thinking she must be in the shop. But nothing. It was all quiet. So there goes my paranoia that she's always out partying, shopping, hanging out with guys.
I went to the gym after, couldn't stop thinking about her. I was beginning to think maybe I should go see her again. She sounded lonely. I thought about sending her one message later in the week and seeing what happens.
But as I listened to my music on the way back home, my mind started to change. And then I walked past the old BP station, where they will be building new apartments. One of my dreams now is to buy one of those apartments when they have finished building, so it made me re-focus on my goals.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home