Name:
Location: Australia

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Kainan 2-5-1

On Friday I continued my avoidance of Nunjo, until in the afternoon when I couldn't resist sending a joke to the team. There was an email from the union about other government agencies and how they voted. I sent a group email saying "am I the only one who thinks it's funny that only 50% of AEC bothered to vote??"

Clare and Moira replied with a laugh. Nunjo replied with "Yes. But I find it amusing that you find it funny". Lol. I didn't know how to reply. So next time I walked past her room, I went in and said "are you making fun of me?" I can't remember what she said, but she ended up telling me about one of her matters, saying her cop had screwed up one of the discs, and she showed it to me, meaning I had to walk closer to her, standing next to her looking at her monitor.

We talked for a bit before I left.

Yesterday morning I gambled. I know, it's bad. But the night before, I was told that we needed a new tyre for the car as the rigth back one was always losing air, so we needed $100 for that. Then my mom reminded me it was my dad's birthday, and asked for money to go to yum cha.

The only way I could think of was to try to win some money. That, or just getting some cash out from my credit card.

I withdrew $800 from my credit card, and plan was to win $300, so I could make $100 repayment progress as well. If I lost $600, then I'd go home with the remaining $200 to give to my parents.

I drove out and got there at about 7:30am. I went in and saw the mostly empty tables. Only a few roulette tables were open. I exchanged my cash for eight black chips. Some guy bet $100 on black and $10 on zero. I bet $100 on black and $100 on third column.

It came out 30, red. I won $100. The guy had walked away and come back, and tried to take my chips. I was like "nah, you had black" and he didn't seem to understand. The dealer told him he'd been betting colours and zero all the time, so the third column was mine. The pit boss had to come around and I explained it to her, and then she concluded that it was red, so we both lost on the colour anyway. Not sure if that really helped the guy, but he seemed to concede it.

I bet on 1-18 and third dozen on the next bet, and got my money back as it landed within 1-18. I almost had a feeling that I had lost on that.

I then decided to bet on red and second column. Don't know why really. Well, actually, I looked at the last three numbers and they were all red, so I figured I might as well bet on the streak.

And then 23 came out. Wow. That was $300, and now I was $400 up. I didn't even think twice as I said thank you and walked to the cashier. I cashed in and went back home to give my parents $200.

I had to go meet Bo and Jim for training, so even though it was raining, I trekked out to the city, only to find that there was karate going on. I called Jim and he was on his way, but turned around when I told him. I called Bo and his phone was off.

I decided to go into the office to read my brief for Monday's trial. I had planned to do it on Sunday, but since I was out here, I might as well do it now. I went to the office and worked till 1pm, before I went to the gym, and then home for lunch. I wanted a nap, but G wanted to watch a movie, so Malay, G and I went to the shopping centre near me and we watched Immortals.

It was an ok movie. Isabel Lucas was really hot as Athena. It seemed like a movie made to prop up the guy who stars in it.

Today, I washed the car in the morning, then bummed around at home. In the early afternoon I drove to the office to exchange shirts, and then cleaned the inside of my car for a bit. Apparently when my dad went swimming, someone had hit our car. It's a scratch on the front left, where I had painted over before. It wasn't too bad, I could do it again but my dad wants to get the insurance involved.

I met up with Bo at the train station for bball. He told me about his break up with his girlfriend. Apparently she had snooped around his facebook and email, and he wasn't very happy about that. The only thing I was wondering about was what she saw in him. By her facebook pic, she is quite pretty. He is divorced, fat and bald.

*sigh*

By chance, we saw Nick and Jim after we got off the train, and they gave us a lift each.

We were playing the Ninjas, who are currently tied for first place. I really had my fears against this team, just cause they seemed so good. Everyone showed up except Garry, Alex and the blackhole.

We were actually doing alright in the first 10 minutes, despite me missing my shots. Nick and War really kept us in the game as they dominated the inside. But then some stupid fouls and turnovers by us put them ahead.

We were only down eight for most of the second half, which was striking range for us, but they broke out of that eventually. I hit two late threes in the game to make the score look not as bad. I noticed that with my mid-range shots, I had tried to flick my wrist into the basket, which made it too strong. But with my threes, I did the same thing and they went in, so yeah, it seems like a three point thing only.

Nick, Bo and I went to Macca's afterwards. We talked a bit about the game, but also about other stuff going on in our lives. He gave Bo a lift back and I was happy to catch the train, cause it allowed me to listen to my music.

On the bus, there was this really attractive redhead. I thought she was perfect for me, maybe mid-20's, my height, attractive type without make up, sporty. It was a packed bus and I stood right next to her. She stood at the door facing the front, and I stood facing her. I couldn't help but feel that tension between us, maybe she was stealing glances at me the couple of times she turned her head? Maybe she felt the same tension? Or maybe she thought I was a creep? I did notice that at one stage she stepped into my personal space a bit, and I felt the temperature get a few degrees warmer.

She got off near the basketball courts, so I wonder if I'll ever see her again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home