Name:
Location: Australia

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

DCLC virgin busted!

So I had my first DCLC list today. Clare was assisting me. On the one hand, I was glad she volunteered because I felt closer to her than any of the other potential suitors, yet on the other hand, I was afraid I'd stuff up and she'd report back to someone on my floor.

I was a bit stressed, although not as stressed as yesterday when I was preparing for the list, and Kay decided to interrogate me over the phone for 20 minutes over the bail she is doing for me, and then asking me to fix it up. Fark.

But then I think the walk to work and listening to music kinda loosened me up. I also had the work experience student Nicola coming to watch, so that was a bit of a double whammy times two. She was slightly attractive, and going with two girls watching, I knew there was a chance I'd get cocky and try to do something funny which would come off as unprofessional, so I reminded myself to always keep my professionalism cap on.

I got to the office at about 8:15am, made some toast and got changed. I sent something off to Kay and then started packing for my list. As I was doing my tie, Nicola arrived, she then went to see Anne and then Clare and I were ready to leave. Mary caught us in a conversation and then Nicola arrived, and Mary said it was like a 'groupie'. I didn't really know what she meant. I thought it meant group sex, so I just wanted to go, although I did like the fact that it may have made Nunjo feel a bit of envy.

So we headed off to court. I was getting ready to get smashed by the mag. It was that semi-crazy one too, although my experience thus far with her has been non-negative. When it came to my matter, it ended up being me unintentionally using reverse psychology, because she gave us what we wanted even though I asked for the opposite.

The rest of the matters went rather swimmingly. Clare would sometimes point things out to me, lol. She is very helpful. At morning tea we went to the coffee shop and sat down to talk, then went back to court. We ended up finishing just a bit after 1pm.

I couldn't believe it. I had done my first DCLC list!!!

I was pretty tired. Too tired to go out for lunch actually, but I went out anyway to look for a present for Jacqueline for tomorrow's christmas kringle, and I also bought a quarter chicken for lunch.

Then in the late afternoon, as I was writing up the files, Kay comes to my office with this diagram she drew up on four pieces of paper stapled together of my case. Fucking hell. I mean, I was impressed, yet I also thought she was getting way too into a matter that's not even hers. She sat down and started asking me questions about the matter. Clare and Nunjo walked past making faces.

At one point I went to photocopy something for Kay and Nunjo was in the room. I gave her a rather loud and sarcastic "hello Jody!" and she was like "learning much?" and I said I was having the time of my life.

So that took a while, and after Kay left I went into Clare's room to have a whinge to her and Nunjo, then had a whinge to Moira and Cameron. Fark. Then later when I bumped into Heath I had a whinge to him as well.

I didn't go to the gym after work. Instead, I walked home and listened to my music. I really felt like it to unwind after the day. It felt good, even though my legs were kinda tired.

Ah, I hope it'll be easy from here till the end of the year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home