Name:
Location: Australia

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I asked her out to lunch...

I walked to work with the phone strap in my bag. I had semi-decided not to ask her out to lunch. It was very proximite now, very real, and it didn't seem like a very realistic thing to do. Maybe I was just fantasising after all.

When I got to work, I got changed as usual. She arrived later, and somehow between earlier and now, I had decided to ask her out to lunch. But I wanted to ask when nobody would hear. Right now, Clare and Mary were a little too available and would probably hear me asking.

I busied myself with some work, and later on saw that Mary was talking in Moira's room with Cameron, and Clare had her door closed.

Perfect.

I was rushing a bit, but told myself that Mary and Moira don't have short conversations, so that made me feel a bit better. I opened the phone strap package and held it in my left hand, walking into her room. At first she didn't see it, but I noticed her looking at it as I sat down. I saw a package on her desk and asked if Mary had given it to her as a present, since Mary also gave me a house of chocolates today with X-Men ear phones (way cool). I actually felt a little guilty I didn't get her anything individually, and that is despite me having chipped in for the flowers for her. Imagine how guilty I'd be if we hadn't gotten the flowers.

Anyway, she said yes and joked that she was beginning to think that she smelled. I asked her if she was free for lunch today, and her face just...stopped. It froze. She looked at me in silence for a few moments, and by the look on her face, I could tell she knew I was asking her out. She looked like she knew she had to tread carefully. She looked like she was trying to pick her words carefully. She said she had already made plans to have lunch with Ruler and Alex.

Damn! Dammmmnnn them to hell!!!


She said I could come along. The thought of having lunch with the other two didn't really appeal to me, so I said no. I wanted to have lunch with her one on one. I just felt like if I tagged along, it would kinda seem like I was 'one of the girls', hence being a type of friendzone. No thanks.

She asked again and I said no. I then asked for her phone and she gave it to me. I pulled out the strap and said this was what I had got her originally but it hadn't arrived in time. She asked if I got it on the internet and I said yes. I was looking for a hole in her iphone case for the strap to go through but it didn't have one. She took a look at it and started laughing. She said she didn't know if she should be offended. I said she said it took a lot for her to get offended and she laughed more. She examined it and said it was cute.

I got it back and tried to string it through another hole in her case. As I fidgeted with it, my inside slowly crumbled. I told myself I had to hold myself together and get this done. Finally I did, and she had a look at it as it hung from her phone. I joked that now she can prove the phone is hers, and then walked out.

Over the course of the day, I gradually got more and more down. At first I thought it was kinda funny, but then that died down and I felt rejected. Then I felt like I should ignore her. Then I told myself I should just act normal. Then I told myself this is why you don't mix work with pleasure, because it was obviously affecting me now. Then I just got sadder and sadder.

I got called away to court at around noon, so I went over to see the uni student Nikki and the cop Beth. I noticed her hair seemed lighter. We mainly just sat there and watched, until it was decided it'd be heard at 2pm. I said I was going back to the office and Beth followed. We walked back together, talking about the case, and towards the end she asked what I was doing over the break. I said just hanging around and I asked her, and she said she was going down to the South Coast.

I went back to the office and saw Nunjo walking out of the building. I dropped off my file and went to the supermarket to get my chicken, and then had it back in the office. I ate that, got some work done and then headed back to court. Down in the lobby, I saw Nunjo and Ruler. I asked her how the phone strap was going, and she seemed to have trouble articulating herself as we walked further and further apart before saying she was hanging it off her computer. Hmmm.

I went back to court, and this time sat in between Beth and Nikki, which was much better since I was the common link between them. I also got to talk to Beth a bit more. I watched as Kay did the bail, and seriously, she didn't even really oppose it - you saying I couldn't have done that??

We walked back and I was kinda torn between going with Beth and going with Kay. Beth said she'd come with us and so we walked and talked before parting at the escalators. I noticed she has wrinkles as well, even though she's my age. I wonder if she smokes.

Back at the office, I managed to sneak back to my room without anyone asking me how it went. I got onto doing other stuff, and one time when I was walking back from the photocopiers, Mary, Moira and Nunjo were around Nunjo's room talking. Nunjo said out aloud "I wonder how [insert name here]'s bail application went", which made Mary ask me, and I went over and talked a bit about it, before walking off again. I kinda didn't feel like talking to Nunjo.

Later in the day, I went to the photocopying room and she was there, but I just quickly grabbed my thing and walked back out. However, I did at times have an urge to talk to her. I excused it as acting 'normal'.

I didn't want to be around when she left, because I didn't want to do anything remotely emotional. I was in the toilet, and when I returned, Mary was leaving. That farewell was ok enough. Later on, I heard Ogre talking in Nunjo's room and I asked her if she had seen the secret santa give Nunjo another present, and Nunjo showed her. She again said it was cute. This time she had strapped it to a shelf. Is it a good sign that she wants it in sight, or is it a bad thing that she's not taking it home?

Eventually Clare came around and joined in the talk. Nunjo was already getting ready to leave. Then Moira came around, kissed everyone on the cheeks and left. Ogre was like "that was quick". So that set the tone. Nunjo then kissed Ogre on the cheek, then me. God that was awkward. I don't know if it was because I didn't know how, or if it was because it was something else, but she half giggled/laughed as she kissed me. I found I had my left hand on her shoulder. She kissed Clare and then left.

Not the way I wanted it to end. I would've wanted to be completely absent and see if she'd leave a note on my desk. I know Karina would. I doubt Nunjo would have.

I was pretty depressed. I had my credit card with me because if she did agree to lunch, I would've needed extra money. So I went to the casino instead, to play away my sorrows. I withdrew $800.

I was never up. I lost the first two spins which really really hurt me. For the next hour or so, I swung between $400-$600, and a few times managed to get back to $800, but I could just never get above that. Fuck, it was so frustrating.

When I went down to $300, I thought "fuck it, it's not my night, I might as well blow this at a brothel". So I went to Naby's shop.

I caught the bus there, went in and saw the guy who I used to see every Saturday. I think he recognised me. I saw the line up. I didn't recognise anyone, but there was this girl who kept making eye contact with me. I went with her - Amy, #90. She looked kinda cute, and I thought the old Amy must've left. I asked the guy if Bibi was still working, and he said he thinks she's on holiday.

When we went upstairs, I thought this girl actually looked a bit familiar. She sounded familiar. I asked her if I had seen her before and she said yes. I asked if she recognised me and she said yes. It was the old Amy! I said she looked different and she said she had re-done her hair. That was it. Her eyes and voice were exactly the same.

We showered, and I again asked if she recognised me. She said yes and I was a special customer. She also remembered I was a lawyer. She said she had been in Korea for a holiday and only came back three weeks ago.

After the shower, I laid on my tummy and she turned down the lights and started kissing my back. Then I turned around and she kissed me some more, before getting on top of me. She rode me for a while before asking if I wanted to be on top, so we switched. I licked her breasts for a while, and then entered her. I went slow at first, and then faster, causing her to moan. I don't think she was faking it because it seemed to be in rhythm and we really started to get hot. After a while I finished, and she asked if I wanted a drink. I said yes, and she said she was tired and laid next to me first as I held her and played with her fingers. She studied mine and said I had feminine fingers.

Then she got up and went out to get canned coffees for us both. She had earlier said she had coffee and bread for lunch. She asked me what I was going to do in the holidays and I joked I'd come here everyday. She said I should get a girlfriend and I said when I like them they didn't like me and vice versa. She agreed. We drank our drinks and 'cheers'd' each other, then laid back down and she snuggled up next to me as I held her. Her head rested on my chest as we laid there, sometimes talking, sometimes in silence. I asked her if she had a boyfriend and she said no, that she would need to stop this job if she did. She said she planned to have one after she finishes. She said something about 4 years due to her study, which commences next September. I asked her if other girls in the shop had boyfriends and she said some. I wondered if that was why Naby hadn't been working. She said some girls just think differently.

She also said she planned to stay in Australia, and when I acted surprised, she said something like she had told me before and now I'd forgotten.

We then laid there in silence. After a while, her clock rang, she turned it off and went back to sleep on my chest. Finally after more time, she got up. I went to shower. I said I'd come back on Christmas if she would get me a present and she asked what I wanted and I said I don't know. I told her she shouldn't work on Christmas and New Years' and should have a holiday. She said something like "with who?" and I was about to say me, but thought it was a bit early to suggest meeting.

She later asked if I was coming on Christmas but I didn't really understand her until after a while. I got dressed and left.

I also met up with Ele tonight as she wanted me to sign something. Yang had driven to my place, and there was also Evonne and Ele's mother in the car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home