The casino - the only place that can make you feel like a winner after losing...
Woke up late today, probably because I stayed up last night playing Last of Us. This meant I caught the bus to work instead of my usual walking. When I got off the bus, I saw GS standing at the bus stop. I said hi to him and asked if he was waiting for a bus to go to court. He didn't seem too enthusiastic to see me, but seemed to put on a front. I told him I sat the bar exams but failed one, and he asked which one, then said I didn't need it anyway. He asked me where I was working now and mentioned setting up a lunch later, but I think he said that just out of courtesy.
I headed to the office and proceeded to put on the pants I had brought from home, as the two pairs I had were with the cleaners. Then, the unthinkable happened - the pair of pants I brought didn't fit. I could barely manage to squeeze it closed, but would definitely have not been able to sit down. I had no choice but to spend the rest of the day in my 'casual' attire, being teased by Aaron, Vic and Matt.
Despite my honest and best intentions not to gamble for the rest of the work week, a startling realisation hit me as lunch time approached: because I was in my casual gear, I could rush off to the casino and rush back. So at 12:10pm, I went to the ATM, withdrew $2000 and speed walked to the casino.
I found a table with a chubby and happy dealer, with one Asian girl playing. She left after losing a spin and went to another table, which left me exposed by myself. I won big on two spins, and was up about $900. I knew I should've left, but kept looking at the clock and thinking I still had more time. I lost the next one, then won the one after, and decided to cash out with a gain of $820.
I speed walked to the ATM to deposit the money, and suddenly felt better about the past few days. This is despite the fact that I was still down $1180. All of a sudden I felt (again) that I could do this on a long term basis and it would be a viable way of paying off my debt. But going by the numbers, I was still down $1180!!! Amazing! I felt like a winner even though I was a loser!
In other news, Victoria replied to my message about lunch, saying she couldn't do today but suggested Thursday. Then after work, after a few messages about study materials, Albert asked if I was meeting Victoria for lunch on Thursday. I think he likes her...
I headed to the office and proceeded to put on the pants I had brought from home, as the two pairs I had were with the cleaners. Then, the unthinkable happened - the pair of pants I brought didn't fit. I could barely manage to squeeze it closed, but would definitely have not been able to sit down. I had no choice but to spend the rest of the day in my 'casual' attire, being teased by Aaron, Vic and Matt.
Despite my honest and best intentions not to gamble for the rest of the work week, a startling realisation hit me as lunch time approached: because I was in my casual gear, I could rush off to the casino and rush back. So at 12:10pm, I went to the ATM, withdrew $2000 and speed walked to the casino.
I found a table with a chubby and happy dealer, with one Asian girl playing. She left after losing a spin and went to another table, which left me exposed by myself. I won big on two spins, and was up about $900. I knew I should've left, but kept looking at the clock and thinking I still had more time. I lost the next one, then won the one after, and decided to cash out with a gain of $820.
I speed walked to the ATM to deposit the money, and suddenly felt better about the past few days. This is despite the fact that I was still down $1180. All of a sudden I felt (again) that I could do this on a long term basis and it would be a viable way of paying off my debt. But going by the numbers, I was still down $1180!!! Amazing! I felt like a winner even though I was a loser!
In other news, Victoria replied to my message about lunch, saying she couldn't do today but suggested Thursday. Then after work, after a few messages about study materials, Albert asked if I was meeting Victoria for lunch on Thursday. I think he likes her...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home