Name:
Location: Australia

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Like Ray Ray

Yesterday I pretty much bummed around at home all day. It was raining so I couldn't ball, and I didn't have the car so I couldn't go into the office (didn't feel like using up two bus trips). Although when my parents returned in the afternoon I did go out to the shopping centre near me to get some sausages and bread. All the normal white bread had been sold out which was annoying, so I had to settle for hot dog buns.

Today, I got to the courts at 8am and worked on my threes after warming up with suicides. I did what I used to do, moving around the key. I first intended to do 110 shots, but at the beginning my right knee was clicking a bit and didn't feel too good, but when I started it was alright.

At first my shot felt awkward, but as I went on, it felt better. Sometimes I'd feel like I was shooting out of form, like I was bending too much for my jump, or jumping too far forward, so I'd picture how Ray Allen shoots it and imitate it in my mind. To my surprise, it worked - I found myself jumping straight up, my elbows at the right angle, and my wrist flicking the ball, creating a swish. It all seemed too easy. Ray Allen has a sweet sweet shot.

I ended up making only 55 shots because I could feel myself getting tired, and I didn't see the point of forcing myself to shoot in bad tired form. I will do the rest tomorrow. But it felt so good to be out there, just so peaceful. All alone (although there was a group playing on the next court).

Did I mention that on Thursday Amanda texted me? I remember being in the toilet that day, going through my contacts to see who I could invite to the zoo, and seeing Amanda's name, I wondered if I should delete her. Then later on in the day, she sent me this:

"Hey [insert name here]! How's it going? Hope you're well. Have a great Easter. Let's try to play tennis with G and Shuing soon. Ok?"

I kinda felt sorry for her, and couldn't bear rejecting her again, so I just replied with "Sure ok, sounds good".

So I thought about that a bit while I was shooting. Maybe I'm a little bit more ready than before. But at the same time, I'm pretty sure I'm not willing to give up Naby.

Speaking of which, the original plan was to see her next weekend. Although over the past few days I have been tempted to see her. Hell, after work on Thursday I was thinking of seeing her - the only thing that stopped me was lack of a car. I thought about seeing her today after I did a bit of work in the office. I wonder, can I really go through this extra long weekend without seeing her?

Also, I may not be able to see her next weekend either. I have to pay for my bball comp fees, and so I don't know where I'm going to get the momey to see her from. That would mean like going five weeks without her...dang.

Anyway, to stop myself from wasting money after work (I did consider the casino) I messaged Shuing, Malay and G to see if they were up for drinks. Shuing was, Malay had just come back from camping, and G didn't reply.

So I went home to have a hot dog before going to Chinksford to meet Shuing. We went to a supermarket first because he needed to buy shaving cream, and I bought some Pringles. We put them in our respective cars and then went to that Malaysian dessert place.

I told him what I was going to have and pointed it to the menu, hoping he'd know that you had to order at the counter, but he looked at the price and said "times have changed", even though that wasn't what I meant.

We talked about Patrick's email and G mainly. I deliberately omitted the zoo thing, not wanting him to talk about me liking Ele. I said I feared I had rubbed G the wrong way by comparing him to William Hung when he told me he got rejected from The X Factor, and Shuing seemed to suggest that G was decent. I don't know, I mean, he's obviously the best out of all of us, but decent enough to make the cut for The X Factor?? Are you serious? Sometimes I think you gotta stop your friends from humiliating themselves.

I've also begun finding holes in Shuing's arguments and theories. I find he likes to compare and use storylines in Seinfeld (or whatever is his flavour of the month) with us. Like he said G hated himself, and then said the guys in our group all hated themselves. I said Bobby didn't, and that he even previously called Bobby a narcissist. He thought about it, feeling a little trapped, and then said something like Bobby likes himself so much that he hated himself, and linked it to the Seinfeld episode where Jerry finds the girl who is exactly like him.

Afterwards, we ended up driving to G's house in my car, because Shuing said he was sure he'd be home. He knocked on the door and G's mom opened it, telling him G had gone outside of Sydney with Bobby. I was surprised even Shuing wasn't in on this. He said he must've been excluded from the emails about this because Bobby didn't like him poking fun at him.

We drove back and I dropped him off at his car, before I went for a drive to the seaside.

Over these holidays, I've realised that our group has separated somewhat, due in large part to Shuing and I. I say Shuing because he's so attached to the high school days, that I feel he's the one who excludes others from the group. He prevents us from meeting others. If he had let Ele in, then she could've brought in more people, but his theory is that she doesn't like him.

I also say I contributed to this because ever since I switched credit cards, it's meant that I have to stick with my repayment plans, which means limited funds to spend. And so in trying to save as much money as possible, I've decided one of the best ways is to cut down on going out, so I haven't organised that many outings since. And in the meantime, G has gone off with Bobby and Malay has gone camping with his other group. I won't sweat it I suppose, I can always turn it back on after I've repaid this debt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home