Ethical dilemmas everywhere
Woke up late again today, so had to get breakfast on the run. This time I got off the train and went to that Chinese bread shop, you know the type where they have many different types of bread and you get your own tray and tongs and select whatever you want. I got TWO breads for $3.60, so that $5 croissant can go fuck itself.
GS called me into his room todat to find out some past dates of when we received certain information. I think the question the judge asked him a couple of days ago is really giving him a dilemma.
I used to think that ethical issues were just a by product of my old firm, but I've learnt that no matter where you are, ethical issues will arise (not as much of course). I mean, one of the main reasons I took this job was because I wanted to do things properly, and Michael D seemed like the type of lawyer who you knew was proper. And GS has always been very proper and professional, so I couldn't go wrong.
But now this thing turns up, and I can see GS is so bothered by it. I want to help him but my lack of experience (and dumb ass IQ) prevents me. I felt like fudging the facts to help him.
The xx wasn't as exciting, because RM did it in a more polite and civil way, which is a shame, because I wanted the jury to hate him.
Because I was in a rush today, I didn't pack my lunch and accepted DC's invitation to go with him and Kate to that Japanese restaurant we went to last time. I sorta had a feeling that Kate would feel like I was crashing her lunch, but I was already thinking of having Japanese food for lunch and I felt like being social because the past few days when I have brought lunch I always ate it by myself.
I managed to pull Twish along, even though she doesn't like sushi. I had to wait around for her to finish some work, so DC and Kate were there first. I think I was right with my suspicions, as Kate seemed disappointed and not her usual talkative self during lunch. I wonder if she likes DC, or if just wanted to talk some private affairs with him.
Even though I felt talkative, it was hard getting a word in at the table because both DC and Twish never shut up. But it was good to spend some time with them.
That hot para was in court again, but no eye contact today. The first time I was walking towards her I just ignored her and didn't look her way, so maybe she took that as a sign.
After work, I went to get my milk again, but this time from a large supermarket. It was really cheap. Saving money seems to make me happy these days. Can't wait until I pay off my credit card debt.
Also posted my renewal form back to Michael D, thank god he paid for me otherwise I would've been in real trouble.
On the train back to the city, it was quite packed. I went to the upper carriage and was left with no seats, because the person in the two-seater made no efforts to allow someone in, and the three-seater had already sat with two people. I stood there and waited for the selfish idiot in the two seater, but the girl in the three seater moved over and I sat down.
I gave her an extra smile and said thank you, and she smiled back. She was kinda pretty. I noticed she had just finished a banana and was holding the peel.
Say something. Say something.
As in all usual cases, I didn't. When the person on the other side of her got off, it was just us two. I dozed off a bit and when I opened my eyes again she was propped up a bit looked out the window on my side. It shocked me a bit because it wasn't something I was expecting, and I made a gesture as if asking whether she wanted to get out, but she said no.
I think the past few days, I have been thinking along the lines of having already obtained the job. Like, I seem to have stopped caring about looking for work, or mingling with John and library guy in the hope of working with them. The anger within me has also disappeared. This is quite dangerous, because all it takes is some silent days to pass by and then BANG! You'll receive a letter saying blah blah blah sorry but you were not successful. But seriously, you gotta wonder what happened when you know you failed at the referee stage.
I still think about that girl at A's wedding. But the sad thing is, I don't think I'd recognise her if I saw her in the streets. I feel like I'm the female in some sort of Disney fairytale story, hoping to see that special someone again after a great chance meeting.
GS called me into his room todat to find out some past dates of when we received certain information. I think the question the judge asked him a couple of days ago is really giving him a dilemma.
I used to think that ethical issues were just a by product of my old firm, but I've learnt that no matter where you are, ethical issues will arise (not as much of course). I mean, one of the main reasons I took this job was because I wanted to do things properly, and Michael D seemed like the type of lawyer who you knew was proper. And GS has always been very proper and professional, so I couldn't go wrong.
But now this thing turns up, and I can see GS is so bothered by it. I want to help him but my lack of experience (and dumb ass IQ) prevents me. I felt like fudging the facts to help him.
The xx wasn't as exciting, because RM did it in a more polite and civil way, which is a shame, because I wanted the jury to hate him.
Because I was in a rush today, I didn't pack my lunch and accepted DC's invitation to go with him and Kate to that Japanese restaurant we went to last time. I sorta had a feeling that Kate would feel like I was crashing her lunch, but I was already thinking of having Japanese food for lunch and I felt like being social because the past few days when I have brought lunch I always ate it by myself.
I managed to pull Twish along, even though she doesn't like sushi. I had to wait around for her to finish some work, so DC and Kate were there first. I think I was right with my suspicions, as Kate seemed disappointed and not her usual talkative self during lunch. I wonder if she likes DC, or if just wanted to talk some private affairs with him.
Even though I felt talkative, it was hard getting a word in at the table because both DC and Twish never shut up. But it was good to spend some time with them.
That hot para was in court again, but no eye contact today. The first time I was walking towards her I just ignored her and didn't look her way, so maybe she took that as a sign.
After work, I went to get my milk again, but this time from a large supermarket. It was really cheap. Saving money seems to make me happy these days. Can't wait until I pay off my credit card debt.
Also posted my renewal form back to Michael D, thank god he paid for me otherwise I would've been in real trouble.
On the train back to the city, it was quite packed. I went to the upper carriage and was left with no seats, because the person in the two-seater made no efforts to allow someone in, and the three-seater had already sat with two people. I stood there and waited for the selfish idiot in the two seater, but the girl in the three seater moved over and I sat down.
I gave her an extra smile and said thank you, and she smiled back. She was kinda pretty. I noticed she had just finished a banana and was holding the peel.
Say something. Say something.
As in all usual cases, I didn't. When the person on the other side of her got off, it was just us two. I dozed off a bit and when I opened my eyes again she was propped up a bit looked out the window on my side. It shocked me a bit because it wasn't something I was expecting, and I made a gesture as if asking whether she wanted to get out, but she said no.
I think the past few days, I have been thinking along the lines of having already obtained the job. Like, I seem to have stopped caring about looking for work, or mingling with John and library guy in the hope of working with them. The anger within me has also disappeared. This is quite dangerous, because all it takes is some silent days to pass by and then BANG! You'll receive a letter saying blah blah blah sorry but you were not successful. But seriously, you gotta wonder what happened when you know you failed at the referee stage.
I still think about that girl at A's wedding. But the sad thing is, I don't think I'd recognise her if I saw her in the streets. I feel like I'm the female in some sort of Disney fairytale story, hoping to see that special someone again after a great chance meeting.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home