The CIP honeymoon is over...
Just like with my last job, I've felt that the honeymoon period is now over here at the CIP after a year.
It started at the near of the end of the day. Mob had been out for the first half of the day (unexplained) and came back after lunch. Vic had given me some reports and a letter about a CO in his matter. He asked me if I wanted to see it before he gave it to Mob and because I wanted to be diligent, I said yes. I checked it and it seemed ok, so placed it on Mob's chair.
Shortly after she came back, she came to me to ask about the letter. Part of the letter stated that no unlawful activity had been done, which she found contradictory since the whole point of a CO was to do an unlawful authority. I told her I thought that meant the operation didn't involve the under-cover officer giving false information and therefore doing an unlawful act, because I recalled Vic telling me that was one of the options to be decided on the day.
She said the officer obviously did because Gary had told her so. She further said the police officer acted on the information. I thought she meant the under-cover officer and asked "did he?" and she said in a polite but aggressive tone, "yes, here look" and showed me the letter. I was panicking too much to actually read it. I said I'd go speak to Vic about it, but the obvious impression from all this was I didn't know what was going on. I think I just failed to explain myself properly.
I went to Vic and he explained to me that the template actually says "unlawful activity" means anything unlawful outside of the CO, which is why he put it in, which all made sense. So he was right, and Mob was mistaken. I told Mob and fixed the letter. But then the fucking printer fucked up, and Kathryn was right there and didn't offer any help, and I just felt like she was thinking "you can fix it yourself fucker" and I felt myself blushing and sweating.
I had to ask Gabby for help even though I managed to pull the jammed paper out, but when I finally got a proper copy out I gave it to Mob to sign and everything was fixed.
But this was the first time Mob seemed to lose her patience with me, which evidently meant the honeymoon period was over. And the ironic thing is, it all arose out of Mob's mistaken interpretation of the letter. Had I just pretended like I knew nothing about the letter in the first place, I wouldn't have exposed myself like that.
I felt so angry at myself...at her. I made myself stay back and not leave until she did, because I didn't think it'd be a good look to leave before she did.
I bumped into Egghead on the bus and we chatted, but after that when I got home I was still fuming.
It started at the near of the end of the day. Mob had been out for the first half of the day (unexplained) and came back after lunch. Vic had given me some reports and a letter about a CO in his matter. He asked me if I wanted to see it before he gave it to Mob and because I wanted to be diligent, I said yes. I checked it and it seemed ok, so placed it on Mob's chair.
Shortly after she came back, she came to me to ask about the letter. Part of the letter stated that no unlawful activity had been done, which she found contradictory since the whole point of a CO was to do an unlawful authority. I told her I thought that meant the operation didn't involve the under-cover officer giving false information and therefore doing an unlawful act, because I recalled Vic telling me that was one of the options to be decided on the day.
She said the officer obviously did because Gary had told her so. She further said the police officer acted on the information. I thought she meant the under-cover officer and asked "did he?" and she said in a polite but aggressive tone, "yes, here look" and showed me the letter. I was panicking too much to actually read it. I said I'd go speak to Vic about it, but the obvious impression from all this was I didn't know what was going on. I think I just failed to explain myself properly.
I went to Vic and he explained to me that the template actually says "unlawful activity" means anything unlawful outside of the CO, which is why he put it in, which all made sense. So he was right, and Mob was mistaken. I told Mob and fixed the letter. But then the fucking printer fucked up, and Kathryn was right there and didn't offer any help, and I just felt like she was thinking "you can fix it yourself fucker" and I felt myself blushing and sweating.
I had to ask Gabby for help even though I managed to pull the jammed paper out, but when I finally got a proper copy out I gave it to Mob to sign and everything was fixed.
But this was the first time Mob seemed to lose her patience with me, which evidently meant the honeymoon period was over. And the ironic thing is, it all arose out of Mob's mistaken interpretation of the letter. Had I just pretended like I knew nothing about the letter in the first place, I wouldn't have exposed myself like that.
I felt so angry at myself...at her. I made myself stay back and not leave until she did, because I didn't think it'd be a good look to leave before she did.
I bumped into Egghead on the bus and we chatted, but after that when I got home I was still fuming.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home