Saw 6
On Monday I went into the office to check and clear out the secret stuff. I parked in the shopping centre, and after my first load when I went back into the building, that asshole sheriff goes "I thought you finished?", as if to insinuate that I wasn't supposed to be there anymore. I wonder what his problem is. If it's because I increase his workload by walking through the scanners, then that's a pretty flimsy excuse and it also means he's a fucking lazy bugger.
My second trip was my last one, and I drove outta that suburb feeling a bit nervous with a secret suitcase in my car. I went home, and then later at night I went to watch Saw 6.
Maybe it was because it was a Monday night, or maybe it was because of the movie, but it was pretty empty. I was alone in the cinema for a good five minutes chomping on my popcorn before two guys walked in, then two small groups and then two girls. I didn't know that girls were interested in flicks like this.
Given that I had seen the previous five, I pretty much knew what to expect, and yes, it does get a bit repetitive, but I like the thrill of it. The first trap was by far the worst, I almost couldn't stomach it when the fat guy started cutting parts of himself up. And then the look on that lady's face as she hurriedly cut her arm off was horrifying to say the least.
But what I really liked about the movie was the constant theme of appreciation of life. I thought some of the stuff that John Kramer said was pretty thought provoking. And the use of the manager of a life insurer compnay was perfect.
Yesterday I had nothing to do so I dressed up with my briefcase and went to court to watch some sev appeals to see how the prosecutor did it. You don't really pay much notice to it until you have to do it. It seems...I wouldn't say easy, but easier than it is for the defence. There was a middle aged guy and a young girl there. The guy was ok, but seemed a bit lost as he didn't even realise one of the appellants was a female, calling her a guy, but the young girl was pretty gung-ho. She objected to everything. Damn.
I met up with Shuing for lunch, and we went to that Pepper Lunch place. Just talked about how he felt like he needed to get away from Sydney so much, talked about Ele and stuff. He reckons Ele is "crazy about me", because she is organising a farewell for me. She apparently asked Michael L to ask Shuing, but Shuing has a wedding thing he has to go to.
After lunch I went home, then drove out to the Supa Centre to check out the JB Hi-Fi that had just opened up. I didn't really intend to buy anything, but ended up buying The Astronaut's Wife for $10. It seemed good at the time, but by the time I got home I was wondering why.
I got changed and headed out to the city to meet Mike and Fat Pat for a farewell dinner. Carter was supposed to come but he had work. Better anyway, cause I'm not that close with him and it would've been a bit awkward.
Mike and I sat at Macca's waiting for Fat Pat, having a little catch up. I told him my plan was to go up there and work for one to two years, have the surgery and come back, and we could start our team again.
When Fat Pat arrived, we headed off to the restaurant he had planned for us. I was surprised it was a food court, but maybe it was because I told him I didn't care as long as it was cheap. It was a Japanese ramen place inside the food court, and we all chose the same type of ramen. It had really thick, dense soup, which I didn't like too much.
We talked a bit about my job, about Fat Pat going to HK, he said he might come back in May for a visit, and about basketball. Fat Pat and I figured that we had been playing for nine years, and Mike a bit less. Wow. They were part of Enjoy now, and were coming first in the lowest division. I thought at that moment, that that was the moment where I began to fall out of the loop of things. Say if we had met like six months later, we probably would've had a lot less to talk about. I also felt a bit sad that everyone, every team, seems to have moved on, and me and my injured knee is merely a blip in the past.
After finishing our meal, Fat Pat suggested a movie. Saw 6 in particular. I told them I had seen it but didn't mind seeing it again. We went to put more time into Fat Pat's car space before going to the cinema to buy a ticket. We had an hour to kill so just checked out the arcade machines place, even though Fat Pat wasn't really into it. They watched me play Stacker as Fat Pat wanted me to win the PS3. I reached the last line but failed (cause it's rigged).
Fat Pat came to the conclusion that that was the only game worth playing, as all the others you won worthless stuff. He was probably right, as I watched people drop buckets of tokens into this new Monopoly game. I'm not even sure how it works, but they drop tokens into it in the hope that more will come out. Even if you get more than what you put in, it's still just tokens which can't be converted to money.
Anyway, after that we went to the movie. Mike was a bit freaked out, saying he had never seen it by himself. Because it was designated seating, I sat next to some fat family where the son had his bare feet up on the seat. When the movie started I grabbed Mike's hand to scare him, and he fell for it, lol.
The movie was alright the second time around, bits and pieces made more sense. But I came to a firmer conclusion that apart from the first trap, all the rest were pretty weak in terms of gruesomeness.
We sat around momentarily after the movie finished, which was what I liked with this group. With others, they get up and leave as soon as the movie finishes. We walked to the outside of the cinema where we talked a bit before saying our goodbyes. It was a bit hard to believe that that might be the last time I'd see Fat Pat, and that this was how our partnership would end. I guess we were just one of those tandems that would never win a championship.
My second trip was my last one, and I drove outta that suburb feeling a bit nervous with a secret suitcase in my car. I went home, and then later at night I went to watch Saw 6.
Maybe it was because it was a Monday night, or maybe it was because of the movie, but it was pretty empty. I was alone in the cinema for a good five minutes chomping on my popcorn before two guys walked in, then two small groups and then two girls. I didn't know that girls were interested in flicks like this.
Given that I had seen the previous five, I pretty much knew what to expect, and yes, it does get a bit repetitive, but I like the thrill of it. The first trap was by far the worst, I almost couldn't stomach it when the fat guy started cutting parts of himself up. And then the look on that lady's face as she hurriedly cut her arm off was horrifying to say the least.
But what I really liked about the movie was the constant theme of appreciation of life. I thought some of the stuff that John Kramer said was pretty thought provoking. And the use of the manager of a life insurer compnay was perfect.
Yesterday I had nothing to do so I dressed up with my briefcase and went to court to watch some sev appeals to see how the prosecutor did it. You don't really pay much notice to it until you have to do it. It seems...I wouldn't say easy, but easier than it is for the defence. There was a middle aged guy and a young girl there. The guy was ok, but seemed a bit lost as he didn't even realise one of the appellants was a female, calling her a guy, but the young girl was pretty gung-ho. She objected to everything. Damn.
I met up with Shuing for lunch, and we went to that Pepper Lunch place. Just talked about how he felt like he needed to get away from Sydney so much, talked about Ele and stuff. He reckons Ele is "crazy about me", because she is organising a farewell for me. She apparently asked Michael L to ask Shuing, but Shuing has a wedding thing he has to go to.
After lunch I went home, then drove out to the Supa Centre to check out the JB Hi-Fi that had just opened up. I didn't really intend to buy anything, but ended up buying The Astronaut's Wife for $10. It seemed good at the time, but by the time I got home I was wondering why.
I got changed and headed out to the city to meet Mike and Fat Pat for a farewell dinner. Carter was supposed to come but he had work. Better anyway, cause I'm not that close with him and it would've been a bit awkward.
Mike and I sat at Macca's waiting for Fat Pat, having a little catch up. I told him my plan was to go up there and work for one to two years, have the surgery and come back, and we could start our team again.
When Fat Pat arrived, we headed off to the restaurant he had planned for us. I was surprised it was a food court, but maybe it was because I told him I didn't care as long as it was cheap. It was a Japanese ramen place inside the food court, and we all chose the same type of ramen. It had really thick, dense soup, which I didn't like too much.
We talked a bit about my job, about Fat Pat going to HK, he said he might come back in May for a visit, and about basketball. Fat Pat and I figured that we had been playing for nine years, and Mike a bit less. Wow. They were part of Enjoy now, and were coming first in the lowest division. I thought at that moment, that that was the moment where I began to fall out of the loop of things. Say if we had met like six months later, we probably would've had a lot less to talk about. I also felt a bit sad that everyone, every team, seems to have moved on, and me and my injured knee is merely a blip in the past.
After finishing our meal, Fat Pat suggested a movie. Saw 6 in particular. I told them I had seen it but didn't mind seeing it again. We went to put more time into Fat Pat's car space before going to the cinema to buy a ticket. We had an hour to kill so just checked out the arcade machines place, even though Fat Pat wasn't really into it. They watched me play Stacker as Fat Pat wanted me to win the PS3. I reached the last line but failed (cause it's rigged).
Fat Pat came to the conclusion that that was the only game worth playing, as all the others you won worthless stuff. He was probably right, as I watched people drop buckets of tokens into this new Monopoly game. I'm not even sure how it works, but they drop tokens into it in the hope that more will come out. Even if you get more than what you put in, it's still just tokens which can't be converted to money.
Anyway, after that we went to the movie. Mike was a bit freaked out, saying he had never seen it by himself. Because it was designated seating, I sat next to some fat family where the son had his bare feet up on the seat. When the movie started I grabbed Mike's hand to scare him, and he fell for it, lol.
The movie was alright the second time around, bits and pieces made more sense. But I came to a firmer conclusion that apart from the first trap, all the rest were pretty weak in terms of gruesomeness.
We sat around momentarily after the movie finished, which was what I liked with this group. With others, they get up and leave as soon as the movie finishes. We walked to the outside of the cinema where we talked a bit before saying our goodbyes. It was a bit hard to believe that that might be the last time I'd see Fat Pat, and that this was how our partnership would end. I guess we were just one of those tandems that would never win a championship.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home