Name:
Location: Australia

Monday, May 11, 2009

Fluid in knee

Just as I had expected, I woke up with lots of pain in my right knee, and it didn't help that my cat was sleeping on it. I quickly lifted my cat off my knee, and she was probably wondering what on earth I was doing.

Walking was a lot harder than yesterday, as I was now not just limping, but struggling to walk. Because of this, I decided to drive to work today, since I couldn't picture myself doing all that travelling to the jails.

As I walked down the stairs, I knew I had made the right decision. I had to take one step at a time because I just couldn't bend my knee enough to take a step with my right leg.

I listened to Eminem's Relapse as I drove to work. Seems like a pretty good album, I think I can really start liking it.

I wasn't expecting anyone in the office today, but DD came in, and I guessed he just came in to do some work. As I was looking for something in Maria's room, I heard some knocks on the door. It took me some time to reach it, and when I opened it, it was the guy from the other side saying there was a mention on today.

Lucky I had learnt my lesson from the other day - this time I had brought a tie. I told DD about it, and eventually we made our way up to court. The police and JM asked me about my limping, and I just said I twisted my knee. I didn't know what the hell was going on, and they seemed to be in the mood for conversation, but I just walked away and joined a conversation DD was having with RM.

I'm sure RM thinks I know nothing about the case, but the (good?) thing about him is that he is so polite and courteous that it is impossible to hate him. He's just one of those guys who are extremely polite, so you'd never know his true face. He always kept me involved in the conversation with eye contact even though I didn't say anything.

When the judge came on I was a little nervous because I didn't know if he was going to ask me anything. I mean, I was pretty sure he wasn't going to, but I was nervous about that small little possibility. However, I wasn't expecting him to have an indirect go at me.

Since no one knew about the mention, and DD had just come by chance, it was just DD and I at the bar. And then the judge says something like "well DD, you're the only one here I can aim at..."

What a prick.

I worked in the office until about noon, when I headed off to the same place that I had my blood tested. Despite it being quite busy, I really didn't have to wait long to see a doctor. However, I was pretty shocked at the treatment I got.

I told him what had happened to my knee, he asked me to lift my pants leg up, he looked at my knee, then asked me to lift the other one up, he compared them, said there was a bit of fluid, asked me to squat to see how low I could go, I couldn't squat very low, and he just sent me off like that, saying all I needed was rest.

I know if I went to my regular doctor he'd at least have a feel to see if anything was out of place, which is what I'm worried about. I just have a feeling something is not in the right position as I walk.

Anyway, I grabbed some Macca's for lunch and then drove to the jails. At the jails, we bumped into DH. Apparently DC knows her, and they were talking and I overheard Fam's firm being mentioned. DC later told me that there were some allegations that Fam's firm was pretending to be a group of baristas........god, there's no way I'm working there now.

As I sat there during the conference, I sometimes wondered how I would be if I ever ended up in jail. Would I be as happy as my client? How would I treat my lawyers? Would I actually enjoy jail, where I'd have time to read, work out and play basketball?

After the conference I drove to one of the streets that is heavily featured throughout our case. It's a main street, predominantly filled with Islamic shops, and the others were Asian shops. I didn't intend to stop, I just wanted to drive through and see what it was like, but it was really beautiful, so I decided to pull over and take a walk.

Like A and I were saying yesterday, it's good how we went to a multi-cultural school because it's easier for us to accept and understand other cultures; whereas if we had gone to a school that was dominated by one race or culture, seeing other cultures would seem kinda weird.

I really wanted to try some exotic fast food, but most of the stores were closed. I did however, see that guy who came to court to watch once. I recognised him because he has that thing to help him walk, which folds out into a seat. I remember he converted it into a seat while waiting for the lifts, and DC joked that it was convenient. The guy obviously didn't find it very funny.

I drove back to my suburb, and bought a pack of chips and some chocolate in preparation of tonight's replay of Boston vs Magic game 4!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home