Lucky 15
Yesterday morning I drove to the Wick for gym, probably got there around 10am. I felt like I had a lot of energy to expend, probably from the whole Naby thing. But I just did the usual as I had semi-planned to go to the casino and that thought was taking over.
I went downstairs to get a Quarter Pounder, my first junk food burger in like three weeks. Then I drove to the casino. I tried to pay for parking but my credit card nearly got stuck because the parking meter was wet, so I just figured I'd stuff it since I didn't plan to be there long.
I went in and exchanged $600 in $100 chips. I had decided losing $600 was enough, given my recent progress. In fact, I actually felt like losing it all, because I told myself that if I did, then I'd have enough money to go whoring - I wanted to try a new shop. Maybe it would help me get over Naby.
I went to a table with a few 'Australians' who were just having a gamble for fun. You know the type - they may go to the casino for the special occasion and have a beer, but aren't regulars and have absolutely no better strategy. I placed $100 on the third column and $100 on black as the wheel had already been spun.
It landed on...15!
I couldn't believe my luck! Not only did it get me $300 on my first spin, but look where 15 is - between 32 and 19, both numbers where I would've lost. Fook!
I gathered my winnings and stood around a bit, tempted to try to win a bit more. I had already won back the money I wasted seeing Naby the previous day, but now I wanted some more to cover another whoring session.
I stopped myself, telling myself "no, that is greed". Then I went to the cashier and cashed out. It is ALWAYS a good feeling to walk out with a gain. As I headed back to my car, I told myself that I could be walking out -$600 right now, but instead, I am walking up +$300.
I drove back to the Wick to get some chips to watch the NRL grand final, and then went home to give the car back. My parents went out while I bummed around at home. When they came back, I was bored and went out again. I drove to the shopping centre near me. I had a browse of JB and then Myer. I was checking out the business shirts and this cute Indian chick asked if I needed any help. I politely declined and kept browsing.
I saw that it was 30% off ties if we bought two or more, and there was this one dark purple one I had had an eye on for a while now. The package said one was for $34.95 but two were for $49.95 so I figured if I got two then it'd be 30% off that latter price.
I went to the cashier and it was that Indian girl who served me. I asked her if it was 30% off and she checked for me and said yes. I think she mis-understood me because the discount turned out to be a bit less than I had wanted, but eh. Anyway, she asked if I had a Myer One card and I said I do, but I left it at home. She said she could call up for my number, which she did. I had trouble writing down the last number because the piece of paper was moving, and she held it down for me, which was a nice little gesture.
I don't usually initiate conversations when buying stuff, but I felt pretty open so I said to her I was at the city store the other day where I bought a pair of $130 shoes and told the guy I didn't have my card, only to be told they couldn't do anything. She said they could've called up like she did.
I went home after that, and watched the NRL grand final. I was going for the Warriors, but didn't mind Manly winning.
I went to bed at around 10pm. For the second night in a row, I woke up uncomfortably at 4am due to the Naby thing. Although my brain knows better, my 'emotions' is treating this like a real break up, and I'm having a wee bit of trouble dealing with it. Oh well, I'll be over her soon enough, just like last time.
Also, constantly thinking about money really takes my mind off her. Given my $300 win, I am deciding whether it should be all applied to my credit card which is incurring interest, or give a bit towards my high interest bearing savings account to be used towards paying off the other credit card which is not incurring interest.
I went downstairs to get a Quarter Pounder, my first junk food burger in like three weeks. Then I drove to the casino. I tried to pay for parking but my credit card nearly got stuck because the parking meter was wet, so I just figured I'd stuff it since I didn't plan to be there long.
I went in and exchanged $600 in $100 chips. I had decided losing $600 was enough, given my recent progress. In fact, I actually felt like losing it all, because I told myself that if I did, then I'd have enough money to go whoring - I wanted to try a new shop. Maybe it would help me get over Naby.
I went to a table with a few 'Australians' who were just having a gamble for fun. You know the type - they may go to the casino for the special occasion and have a beer, but aren't regulars and have absolutely no better strategy. I placed $100 on the third column and $100 on black as the wheel had already been spun.
It landed on...15!
I couldn't believe my luck! Not only did it get me $300 on my first spin, but look where 15 is - between 32 and 19, both numbers where I would've lost. Fook!
I gathered my winnings and stood around a bit, tempted to try to win a bit more. I had already won back the money I wasted seeing Naby the previous day, but now I wanted some more to cover another whoring session.
I stopped myself, telling myself "no, that is greed". Then I went to the cashier and cashed out. It is ALWAYS a good feeling to walk out with a gain. As I headed back to my car, I told myself that I could be walking out -$600 right now, but instead, I am walking up +$300.
I drove back to the Wick to get some chips to watch the NRL grand final, and then went home to give the car back. My parents went out while I bummed around at home. When they came back, I was bored and went out again. I drove to the shopping centre near me. I had a browse of JB and then Myer. I was checking out the business shirts and this cute Indian chick asked if I needed any help. I politely declined and kept browsing.
I saw that it was 30% off ties if we bought two or more, and there was this one dark purple one I had had an eye on for a while now. The package said one was for $34.95 but two were for $49.95 so I figured if I got two then it'd be 30% off that latter price.
I went to the cashier and it was that Indian girl who served me. I asked her if it was 30% off and she checked for me and said yes. I think she mis-understood me because the discount turned out to be a bit less than I had wanted, but eh. Anyway, she asked if I had a Myer One card and I said I do, but I left it at home. She said she could call up for my number, which she did. I had trouble writing down the last number because the piece of paper was moving, and she held it down for me, which was a nice little gesture.
I don't usually initiate conversations when buying stuff, but I felt pretty open so I said to her I was at the city store the other day where I bought a pair of $130 shoes and told the guy I didn't have my card, only to be told they couldn't do anything. She said they could've called up like she did.
I went home after that, and watched the NRL grand final. I was going for the Warriors, but didn't mind Manly winning.
I went to bed at around 10pm. For the second night in a row, I woke up uncomfortably at 4am due to the Naby thing. Although my brain knows better, my 'emotions' is treating this like a real break up, and I'm having a wee bit of trouble dealing with it. Oh well, I'll be over her soon enough, just like last time.
Also, constantly thinking about money really takes my mind off her. Given my $300 win, I am deciding whether it should be all applied to my credit card which is incurring interest, or give a bit towards my high interest bearing savings account to be used towards paying off the other credit card which is not incurring interest.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home