Name:
Location: Australia

Saturday, August 06, 2011

6-9-1

Wednesday
Our game was at 7:50pm, so I went straight from work. I didn't want to hang around at work for too long and tire my eyes out, so I left at about 6pm. As I was walking, I suddenly had the urge to shave my head. I felt that the weather was changing anyway. Also, part of me wanted to symbolise the no-more gambling thing.

So I went to that $10 barber shop and had my head shaved. When I said "number one" the lady was like "that's very short", and I said "winter's over". She laughed and said it wasn't over. The part I hate the most when shaving my head is when they're only half way through. She did the top first, leaving the sides there, and it was really disgusting. I don't know how old people can keep this hairstyle, if I were them I'd shave the whole thing off.

Feeling smooth and cool as I walked out, I headed to the train station. I was waiting at Town Hall, toying with my mp3 player when someone approached me. I was surprised to see it was Any, as I had messaged him a few days earlier asking if he'd be coming and he said "maybe" and that he'd let me know, but he never got back to me.

But after the initial chit chat, we had a period of silence. I guess a few things have come to realisation now: he wasn't as good as I thought he was, he seems a bit arrogant, and I don't think I'm going to get my money back.

We walked to the courts talking about religion, lol. When we got there we just sat around. One team asked us to play for them because they only had three, but then we weren't allowed because we were from the same division. Later, white Mike arrived and we approached him. He was strapping his ankles up, and Any stuck his hand out for a high five and Mike returned it. I did the same, but he didn't see it so it went ignored, lol. I could just picture a tv camera capturing that and making fun of it.

Then Angelo arrived, and I was sitting next to white Mike. He approached white Mike and they high-fived eachother, but Angelo didn't seem to see me. Goddamn, I sure am being ignored today! He later saw me and just said "hey how's it going".

We had everyone except Foz, and even Carter came to watch. We played the best team. Nick kept saying we had beat them before so we could do it again, but I always think "but when we beat them, they only had four..."

Although before the game I wasn't really feeling it, now I was up to the challenge. Nick was telling us the game plan, and Angelo did a very similar thing of "I don't really want to listen to you", adding "we'll see" when Nick finished talking. I started, and we played a 3-2 zone. We were doing alright. I noticed Angelo passed a bit more, but it seemed more like the "I'm only passing because you guys are whining, so I'll pass and stand here to see how you retards screw up" type of passing.

I missed my first shot, and then hit a jumper from the right wing, which really got my confidence up. I was playing ok D too, despite the slippery floor. I went off after a bit more than 10 minutes, thinking the other guys needed some time too.

At halftime we were only down by five, so it looked like we had a shot. But as per what seems to be usual now, we sucked in the second half. Angelo started taking more shots, like walking up and shooting a three. Then Nick and Bo got tangled up a few times, leading to arguments. I was covering a guy on the sideline when he elbowed me in the mouth, and it was a foul on me!!!

I thought "fuck that" and subbed myself off. I could feel my bottom lip was swelling up. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it, just sitting there with a cold 'Mutombo' look on my face, but eventually I asked Mike if it was noticeable, and he said yeah. Damn, I had a conference tomorrow too, and it wasn't gonna be good if I showed up with a shaved head and swollen lip. It'll look like I got into a fight.

Late in the game we called a time out, and Nick and Angelo were arguing. Nick just ended it by saying "we'll talk about that after the game". Then Angelo and Any were arguing about something, I don't know what. Goddamnit.

I watched as the other team pulled away rather quickly. White Mike had benched himself and didn't want to go back on.

After the game, I went to shake the hands of the other team. Then I saw as Bo shook hands with a guy he had had an argument with, and the other guy said "is that the best you can do?" and Bo said "fuck you cunt" and both Bo and Nick ended up on their bench talking. Far out.

Any left straight away, saying he'd be at the train station, but I stayed with the guys as they had to do duty. After duty, Bo, Nick, Phil and I ate Macca's/Oporto's, sitting on the public benches near the station, talking about the night's game. It's always good to 'de-brief' like that after the game. Nick, Phil and I agreed to train on Saturday.

I caught the train back with Phil and all we talked about was the share market going down, lol.

Thursday
On Thursday after work I was a good boy and went to the gym. I felt like I hadn't been for a while, so didn't want to go too hard, but at the same time, I felt like staying there for hours.

I swear I felt the urge to go to the brothel nearby. Don't know why, but the thoughts are as addictive as the gambling thoughts now. But I resisted, and just went home.

Friday
Intent on getting a lot of work done, I failed. I started the day in court for Ogre's matter. It was CP, and the cop showed me the disputed image at court, which was kinda weird.

We were in that big courtroom where HK client had his trial. I couldn't believe I was now standing in the position of the Crown! Some memories came flooding back to me, goddamnit.

The family was giving me some very cold looks. They probably thought I was the type to ask for the maximum, but I wanted to say "hey, it's not even my file, I'm just filling in".

After that we had a fire evacuation exercise. I left with Bec and we went to find Mary and Clare at the coffee shop. We joined them and then left after a while. Maybe it's nothing, but I noticed that when we went to pay, Mary paid for Clare and Clare paid her back, but I just thought it would've been a polite gesture to offer to pay for me.

We caught the lift back up only to see that they were just starting the drill, although Mary quickly scrambled in claiming she had a sore foot. I now know that exercise is her weakness.

So Clare, Junar, Alex and I had to walk down the stairs. Frig! Clare and I came all the way up just to walk back down!

We walked to the park and back, and then it was 11:30am. I bludged until noon and then went to the bank to deposit my coins and then went to get some lunch to eat back at the office.

I spent the day trying to finish a minute, then remembered I had to do instructions for Monday and I think I caused Alex to panick a bit, lol.

Then I was just too tired to do anything, so just spent the rest of my time either watching the stock market fall (fell 170 points in a day...FML) and talk to Mary/Clare.

After work, I went to the gym. I had left my credit card at home, thank God, because I knew the urges would come after work.

I walked home after gym, and went to bed rather early, wanting to be ready for training with Nick.

Today
I found myself awake at 4am. The voice was calling. The gambling voice. I tried to shut it out, but it became too loud. It decided for me that I'd go try to win my money back.

I quietly crept out of bed, got dressed and went downstairs. I drove out a bit then remembered I forgot my credit card, so had to sneak back up to get it.

I broke about three traffic road rules in going to the ATM and withdrawing cash. This was what desperation is like.

I withdrew $800, originally intending $1,000 but figured if I was gonna be down $800, I wouldn't have much hope by then anyway.

I went to the casino and found a table with two guys playing it. I looked at the numbers and saw that it was ok, had been landing in my sector every once in a while at least. Not too bad. Then when I started it went like five spins without landing in my secotr, FFS.

Then I won a bit back, then there was a dealer change where I was up $200. Then the original dealer came back and I lost it back. On the last spin, I placed $200 worth of chips on my sector, figuring it had to come out by now. I had about four chips on 19, and it landed next door on 4...........

I had won $500 in black chips in my pocket. I could've walked out with that but didn't. I kept playing, table to table, betting on colour and columns.

The thing that really pissed me off was that on a lot of bets, it landed on exactly the other number I needed. So if I bet black and third column, it'd land on five. Fuck. And this happened on my last bet when I lost control and placed $200 on red and $200 on middle column, and it landed on 24.

I walked out, feeling like a loser in the cold, not wanting to admit or face what I had just done. I also wondered if I'd be physically ready for training.

Then I did something stupid. I decided to drive to Naby's shop to see the girls catching their taxis to go home. I drove past the massage place and saw a few taxis there, with drivers standing outside waiting.

When I got to Naby's shop, I stopped nearby, and waited. I waited about 10 minutes before moving on, not seeing anything at all. When I passed the door, I noticed the gate was down - it was already closed.

But, having done that, and being up since 4am, I am starting to empathise with her a little bit. I'm tired now, and I was only up from 4am. She's been up since 3pm yesterday, so all she'd wanna do is go to sleep. She wouldn't have time to go out.

Maybe there is a legitimate reason for her not wanting to go out with me...and Nick just cancelled training so I am thinking of seeing her today....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home