The Amanda messages
Skipped gym in the morning because I needed to get in early to meet Steve for court. I went to get some Macca's for breakfast and arrived at the office at about 8:10am. Steve got in a few minutes before, and we started getting everything ready for court.
On the walk to court, we talked mainly about the case. He seemed to be really interested in this matter (which is mine) which was good. I've come to realise that he doesn't hate me, but for whatever reason in the beginning he just didn't want to have prolong conversations with me, but it all seems cool now.
We met with the tall, handsome police officer at court. Steve's first remark was "wow, you're a giant" lol. We went into the building and waited a while before being told it would start at 10:30am.
So we went across the road for coffee. Steve was in my position - the day before payday, he only had $5, lol. So we all bought our own coffee. I had a short black despite my caffeine prohibition, but figured it was just one anyway.
We sat down and talked about other matters in the past. Turns out we had all tried to apply for the spy agency before, lol. As we talked, I looked at the police officer and realised he looked a bit like Egghead, and started to see him like that - you know, someone who had a social life and their own personal opinions on people and things.
We returned to court for a short while since it turned out to be an adjournment only. On the walk back we all talked about the case. I think the officer was bored, as he seemed to want to go his own separate way a bit too soon.
I was glad to be back in the office, as I had a lot of catching up to do. The life style in this division reminds me of the life style I had working for Nom - sometimes it gets so busy that you're in court all the time and you don't have time to do office work.
At around midday, I got a message from Amanda.
Amanda @ 12:09 - Hey [insert name here], how are you? It was nice meeting you on Monday night. How is your schedule like at work? You wanna meet for coffee/lunch sometime in city?
I was surprised, to say the least. I didn't think I had much hope, since I didn't detect any signals from her that night, and I was sure she came across better looking guys when we switched tables.
I was definitely up for lunch, but I didn't want to reply straight away, you know, to build up some anticipation. And then, more messages arrived.
Amanda @ 12:25 - [insert name here], are you free to play tennis with me and G on Sat morning? I will call my friend Karen to see if she is free. Then we haves doubles match!
Saturday? SATURDAY??? I already agreed with Bo to meet them for basketball training...and I won't be deterred from my basketball by girls!
Then G got involved.
G @ 13:13 - Coming on Sat for tennis?
Great...
Me @ 13:24 - Hey Amanda, good to hear from you :) lunch sounds great, are you free tomorrow? About tennis, I have basketball training on Saturday, would it be possible to make it Sunday?
Amanda @ 13:51 - Yes let's do lunch tomorrow. What time and where? You work in Town Hall right? I'm flexible.
Me @ 13:51 - I'm on [insert street name here]...if you're near V Club we can meet at Town Hall, but if that's too far for you let me know
Amanda @ 13:53 - Karen and G are in for tennis tomorrow. Karen is not free this Sunday and neither am I.
Oh, so she switched tennis from Saturday to tomorrow...
Me @ 13:53 - Tennis tomorrow after work?
Amanda @ 13:56 - I don't work near town hall but I can get there. Is 12:30pm good for you?
Me @ 13:56 - 1230 sounds great, see you then!
There, that should finish this back and forth convo, I have work to do!
Amanda @ 13:59 - Yes I can play tennis after work tomorrow. Where do you live?
Amanda @ 14:00 - So do you wanna meet at town hall steps?
Me @ 14:00 - I live in [insert suburb here], I can just bring a change of clothes to work. Town Hall steps is cool.
Amanda @ 14:09 - Do you drive to work? Just wondering if it's convenient for you to go home as I live in Gladesville.
Me @ 14:11 - It's ok, I can drive tomorrow, it'll be quicker, we need to make the most of daylight!
You better have the car tomorrow.
Amanda @ 14:11 - Summer is great! I love the longer days as well. Hey bring your boardshorts/swim gear as well. I have pool...can have a dip.
?????????
Amanda @ 14:25 - It's just you and me tomorrow for tennis. You okay with that? You want me to ask your buddy, Ge to come along, I'm terrible at tennis as I'm only a beginner. You might get bored of me!!
Me @ 14:27 - That's fine, I'm pretty bad too, so we'll see who is worse!
Amanda @ 14:31 - Lol! Ok talk more tomorrow at lunch.
I was glad that was over, because I really had some urgent work to do. Some of Sarah's matters were starting to blow up and I had to make and receive urgent calls. Damn that cop who never called back.
Some lady from finance was retiring and they had an afternoon tea for her at 3pm, which I didn't realise and didn't go to. Don't even know why she's retiring, she's not even that old. I thought the office was a bit too empty and then realised it. I saw Steve working with his door closed, so I figured I'd just copy him and keep working.
Today was also Karina's last day. I went to see her at about 3:30pm and we had a talk. During the talk, I kept wondering how I should close out. It felt like some physical contact was required, but she was sitting down and I was standing up. I had decided to shake her hand, when she got up and we hugged and she kissed me on the cheek. That solved that problem.
I went back up to do my work, and in the late afternoon, an email came around advertising for the SLO positions. I had begun thinking about applying for it. There was nothing to lose, was there? I might be a surprise draw and get it, even though I doubted it. But what better time than now, when Sarah will be leaving, which 1) makes it easier for her to give me a reference, and 2) gives me the opportunity to take her place. And I have to do a job application anyway, so might as well have a go!
Will consider this more.
I did plan to go to the gym after work, but found out I had no car. I had also wanted to go borrow G's tennis racket, but that will have to wait till tomorrow morning. Instead, I spent the time cutting my toenails just in case I will be swimming tomorrow. Man, getting ready for a date is hard work.
On the walk to court, we talked mainly about the case. He seemed to be really interested in this matter (which is mine) which was good. I've come to realise that he doesn't hate me, but for whatever reason in the beginning he just didn't want to have prolong conversations with me, but it all seems cool now.
We met with the tall, handsome police officer at court. Steve's first remark was "wow, you're a giant" lol. We went into the building and waited a while before being told it would start at 10:30am.
So we went across the road for coffee. Steve was in my position - the day before payday, he only had $5, lol. So we all bought our own coffee. I had a short black despite my caffeine prohibition, but figured it was just one anyway.
We sat down and talked about other matters in the past. Turns out we had all tried to apply for the spy agency before, lol. As we talked, I looked at the police officer and realised he looked a bit like Egghead, and started to see him like that - you know, someone who had a social life and their own personal opinions on people and things.
We returned to court for a short while since it turned out to be an adjournment only. On the walk back we all talked about the case. I think the officer was bored, as he seemed to want to go his own separate way a bit too soon.
I was glad to be back in the office, as I had a lot of catching up to do. The life style in this division reminds me of the life style I had working for Nom - sometimes it gets so busy that you're in court all the time and you don't have time to do office work.
At around midday, I got a message from Amanda.
Amanda @ 12:09 - Hey [insert name here], how are you? It was nice meeting you on Monday night. How is your schedule like at work? You wanna meet for coffee/lunch sometime in city?
I was surprised, to say the least. I didn't think I had much hope, since I didn't detect any signals from her that night, and I was sure she came across better looking guys when we switched tables.
I was definitely up for lunch, but I didn't want to reply straight away, you know, to build up some anticipation. And then, more messages arrived.
Amanda @ 12:25 - [insert name here], are you free to play tennis with me and G on Sat morning? I will call my friend Karen to see if she is free. Then we haves doubles match!
Saturday? SATURDAY??? I already agreed with Bo to meet them for basketball training...and I won't be deterred from my basketball by girls!
Then G got involved.
G @ 13:13 - Coming on Sat for tennis?
Great...
Me @ 13:24 - Hey Amanda, good to hear from you :) lunch sounds great, are you free tomorrow? About tennis, I have basketball training on Saturday, would it be possible to make it Sunday?
Amanda @ 13:51 - Yes let's do lunch tomorrow. What time and where? You work in Town Hall right? I'm flexible.
Me @ 13:51 - I'm on [insert street name here]...if you're near V Club we can meet at Town Hall, but if that's too far for you let me know
Amanda @ 13:53 - Karen and G are in for tennis tomorrow. Karen is not free this Sunday and neither am I.
Oh, so she switched tennis from Saturday to tomorrow...
Me @ 13:53 - Tennis tomorrow after work?
Amanda @ 13:56 - I don't work near town hall but I can get there. Is 12:30pm good for you?
Me @ 13:56 - 1230 sounds great, see you then!
There, that should finish this back and forth convo, I have work to do!
Amanda @ 13:59 - Yes I can play tennis after work tomorrow. Where do you live?
Amanda @ 14:00 - So do you wanna meet at town hall steps?
Me @ 14:00 - I live in [insert suburb here], I can just bring a change of clothes to work. Town Hall steps is cool.
Amanda @ 14:09 - Do you drive to work? Just wondering if it's convenient for you to go home as I live in Gladesville.
Me @ 14:11 - It's ok, I can drive tomorrow, it'll be quicker, we need to make the most of daylight!
You better have the car tomorrow.
Amanda @ 14:11 - Summer is great! I love the longer days as well. Hey bring your boardshorts/swim gear as well. I have pool...can have a dip.
?????????
Amanda @ 14:25 - It's just you and me tomorrow for tennis. You okay with that? You want me to ask your buddy, Ge to come along, I'm terrible at tennis as I'm only a beginner. You might get bored of me!!
Me @ 14:27 - That's fine, I'm pretty bad too, so we'll see who is worse!
Amanda @ 14:31 - Lol! Ok talk more tomorrow at lunch.
I was glad that was over, because I really had some urgent work to do. Some of Sarah's matters were starting to blow up and I had to make and receive urgent calls. Damn that cop who never called back.
Some lady from finance was retiring and they had an afternoon tea for her at 3pm, which I didn't realise and didn't go to. Don't even know why she's retiring, she's not even that old. I thought the office was a bit too empty and then realised it. I saw Steve working with his door closed, so I figured I'd just copy him and keep working.
Today was also Karina's last day. I went to see her at about 3:30pm and we had a talk. During the talk, I kept wondering how I should close out. It felt like some physical contact was required, but she was sitting down and I was standing up. I had decided to shake her hand, when she got up and we hugged and she kissed me on the cheek. That solved that problem.
I went back up to do my work, and in the late afternoon, an email came around advertising for the SLO positions. I had begun thinking about applying for it. There was nothing to lose, was there? I might be a surprise draw and get it, even though I doubted it. But what better time than now, when Sarah will be leaving, which 1) makes it easier for her to give me a reference, and 2) gives me the opportunity to take her place. And I have to do a job application anyway, so might as well have a go!
Will consider this more.
I did plan to go to the gym after work, but found out I had no car. I had also wanted to go borrow G's tennis racket, but that will have to wait till tomorrow morning. Instead, I spent the time cutting my toenails just in case I will be swimming tomorrow. Man, getting ready for a date is hard work.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home