Name:
Location: Australia

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Is Jenny selfish?

Maybe it was the walk to work, maybe that allowed me to get some peace in my head, but I managed to feel content about the Jenny situation. I told myself that she is going through PMS and a new job (at least for a few days), and to just wait it out for about a week before trying to contact her again.

I could use the time to focus more on basketball (may not be needed, after hitting a three last night, and getting two steals off an inbound pass after we scored) and save some money. Win-win.

However, at about 2pm, Jenny sent me a message on Wechat, "Hv u heard abt ABN"

I felt this may have been urgent as she was starting her job today, so I responded quickly, explaining to her what it was. She asked why the casino would want her to do it and I told her because they didn't want to hire her as an employee which saves them money. She asked if she gets taxed at a higher rate and I said no.

I told her she could apply online and she replied "Yes" and "Reading now" and I left it at that.

Maybe it's being stuffed in the room all day, but later on, I started pondering whether she was a selfish person. My main gripe was that she had posted the cooking class photos without ONE mention or indication of me. I mean, something like what she said (about how she was happy) plus "thanks [insert name here]!" would've been great.

Did she omit me because she didn't want to give an impression that it was a date?

I started growing angrier and angrier. I then thought about all the other selfish things she did, like how she never thanked me for the latest batch of job ads I sent her (although we did talk on the phone that night) or even thank me for answering her ABN enquiries today.

I also thought about how she didn't even tell me she didn't go to the job interview yesterday until I asked. Then I thought, maybe she has a habit of doing that? I recalled the time she was too sick to come to Kangaroo Valley with us. That was relayed to us through Coco; Jenny never said it herself in the group. Maybe she was too embarrassed about PMS? I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Then later on I message Coco about meeting up for drinks tomorrow. Turns out her new guy friend Jay isn't coming. Neither is Yvonne, so it'll be just us two. She then tells me that she and Jenny are not on good terms. I asked why, and coincidentally enough, she says that she doesn't feel appreciated for the things she does for Jenny, being the air conditioning and allowing her to pay her rent later.

I decided to tread carefully and think about things before saying anything, so just confirmed what time to meet tomorrow. But how coincidental, that as I was thinking this very same thing, Coco has the same concerns?

But thinking about it now, would it really be fair to criticise Jenny as selfish? I mean, she did offer to buy bread that time when you told her you went to buy bread to feed the ducks. And she did buy that fairy floss to share.

I think I'll give Jenny one or two more chances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home