Name:
Location: Australia

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Days 4 and 5 post surgery

Yesterday I stayed all day at home, so boring, but I noticed a bit more improvement in the knee. As I was doing the exercise where I push my knee down against a towel, I found I could, with a LOT of effort, lift my leg up. However, how much of that is credited to my quad I do not know.

I've decided that starting from today, I am going to do five sets of exercises instead of three. I will do my fifth after this entry.

I went out briefly today to the petrol station to withdraw some money and buy some cordial. I was pretty excited to go out, lol. Putting my pants on is still a struggle. Going down those stairs is also a struggle. But once I got down to the street, I was pretty ok on the crutches. I was slow, but I enjoyed being out and moving my knee. I crossed the road at the lights and found that it took longer than the allowed time to cross, lol.

Going in and out, I had people hold the door open for me, which was nice of them.

After the servo, I actually wanted to do more walking, but didn't want to do it holding the cordial, so I returned home, a little disappointed that my day out had ended so quickly.

Sitting on the bed with my legs straight out, I can now also lift my leg up quite a bit, but also with a bit of effort and pain. What I also realised after the walk was that I could now hobble without crutches. The threat of pain is still there, but going without crutches is an improvement. Towards the end of my trip I had gotten into a rhythm with the crutches. I think going out for a walk is a good thing, it's much better than being cooped up in this house and not moving my knee much. I might go out tomorrow if it doesn't rain.

The thing I do fear right now is my inability to straighten my leg. Sometimes I wonder if it will be like this forever. Maybe something went wrong? Or is this normal? Also, I still cannot feel my knee area, but that is not a big of a deal as straightening it.

Ok, starting my fifth set now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home